Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Went back to Rehab today!! 1-29-10
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 30, 2010 01:05

Good luck Ronnie !!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 30, 2010 01:18

Bliss
What does he need rehab for? I thought he'd stopped drinking.

I have to say that I am completely turned off by the latest development in the Stones' career, where they have morphed from musicians to tabloid fodder. I am fed up with these never-ending tales of alcoholism, domestic disputes and wildly inappropriate romantic liaisons.

"They"?? Unless I missed something, only one has laid himself open to being that kind of tabloid fodder in recent months. Whatever, best of luck to Ronnie now.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 30, 2010 01:23

souldoggie
"I have to say that I am completely turned off by the latest development in the Stones' career, where they have morphed from musicians to tabloid fodder. I am fed up with these never-ending tales of alcoholism, domestic disputes and wildly inappropriate romantic liaisons."

That's it, I cant' take it anymore.
Substance abuse? Inappropiate romantic liasons?
Are you kidding me?
Who are you people?
IT'S THE FRIGGIN" STONES.
What is this, a the Rolling Stones Politically Correct Fan Forum??????????
You should have been around in the 70's, you would of had a friggin' heart attack and then we wouldn't have to read your drivel in 2010.

And while I'm at it, someone on this board suggested about a month ago that the Stones could tour without Keith Richards.
Two things: First you're literally out of your mind and second, I so wish you could suggest that to Keith. And do it live and in person.
Sorry mate,but i was around in the early days and...and it just doesnt work anymore,it did in the early 70s as you say.....but it aint the early seventies...is it Ron?

Date: January 30, 2010 01:25

Rocky Dijon
+++WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS SARCASM++++++

I don't care that Ronnie actually went to rehab.
I don't care that Ronnie has gone to rehab before the last five tours.
The fact that Ronnie is in rehab at this moment in no way proves that anyone who said he needed to go to rehab earlier this year was correct. Ronnie is a Rolling Stone and that means he can continue to drink to excess and abuse drugs as if he were still in his twenties, not his sixties. As a hardcore Rolling Stones fan, I rely on the band to uphold their Bad Boy image (even if they are really just Bad Grandads). Telling Ronnie he has a problem is tantamount to telling me I have a problem. Therefore, keep it up, Ronnie. I'm not quitting either and we'll both be around in another hundred years. Time Waits For Us and we're all immortal.
Ye! And your tombstone will say the same thing"I TOLD YOU I WAS ILL"

+++END OF SARCASM++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date: January 30, 2010 01:29

dcba
And an insider told me that after this 82nd rehab stint Ron's gonna hold a BIG party in his London flat : drugs booze and tarts... you're all invited ya luvely IORR people (hips)
OOOHHH!goody!Apple tarts...Im in...and when Im outa my head on drugs and booze Ismoking smiley will look in the mirror and think....What the F**K am I doing..Im in my sixties for kerists sake!!!!and man!!I look it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 30, 2010 01:31

"and it just doesnt work anymore,it did in the early 70s as you say.....but it aint the early seventies...is it Ron?"

Yeah Mick and Keith got it (Mick was 1st) but Ron's a bit slow innit?

Re: Ronnie Went back to Rehab today!! 1-29-10spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Posted by: atip ()
Date: January 30, 2010 03:53

dcba
"and it just doesnt work anymore,it did in the early 70s as you say.....but it aint the early seventies...is it Ron?"

Yeah Mick and Keith got it (Mick was 1st) but Ron's a bit slow innit?

Ronnie's younger. He gets a few more years to clean up. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 30, 2010 04:04

Oh brother, I'm gonna make a pan of brownies.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 30, 2010 06:18

more orders from mick?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 30, 2010 06:41

>>Quote
Bliss
What does he need rehab for? I thought he'd stopped drinking.

I have to say that I am completely turned off by the latest development in the Stones' career, where they have morphed from musicians to tabloid fodder. I am fed up with these never-ending tales of alcoholism, domestic disputes and wildly inappropriate romantic liaisons.

"They"?? Unless I missed something, only one has laid himself open to being that kind of tabloid fodder in recent months. Whatever, best of luck to Ronnie now

Yes, it's true. But Ronnie is always mentioned in the context of being a Rolling Stone. And it just balloons out..endless articles about Jo and Katia.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: January 30, 2010 11:38

Good luck Ronnie!!!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: January 30, 2010 12:26

Ah, the annual "Ronnie back to Rehab" announcement.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: January 30, 2010 12:57

This is just his free rehab.
Get 10 rehabs, eleventh one for free !

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 30, 2010 13:45

Funny though, thinking of 'they' - it has been a long once Mick was teh target of tabloid shit, of gossips, affairs with women, etc. Actually, it is only people around him - Ronnie, his kids, etc. - that seem to accused of bad behaviour, etc.. Sir Mick seems to act like a real 'sir' these days. He is even the 'hero' of this article considering Ronnie's alcoholism.

When was the time MIck really got bad publicity for his behavioir? Back in the 90's?

- Doxa

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 30, 2010 15:29

Good to see how supportive Mick is. He has always been great towards Ronnie.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home