Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones In Yugoslavia 1964-1982
Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: January 29, 2010 18:55

I am just curious how The Rolling Stones were received in Yugoslavia, the former SFRJ. Please do tell me your stories. What about Jugoton Records? What about Zagreb 1976? How was the scene in the 60's and 70's in Zagreb, Belgrade, Sarajevo, Dubrovnik? Any influences to Yugoslavian Rockgroups? How was the atmosfer in discotheques at that time? The underground scene? Any pirate or bootlegs?

Re: The Rolling Stones In Yugoslavia 1964-1982
Date: January 29, 2010 19:12

Nitko?

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: January 29, 2010 20:35

So many questions, I searched this forum and saw that we already discussed about the Zagreb concerts I posted some pics, and I think Voja sad that he was on those concerts, so maybe he can tell you more. Jugoton Records (now Croatia record) - you can find most album of the rolling stones published by Jugoton and they are pretty cheap. There were a lot of bands inflenced by the Stones. If you want to know more you have my e-mail on my profile. If I remember you sad that your grandfathers are from Croatia, do you know from which city?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-29 20:51 by Bitches Brew.

Date: January 29, 2010 20:42

Bitches Brew
So many questions, I searched this forum and saw that we already discussed about the Zagreb concerts I posted some pics, and I think Voja sad that he was on those concerts, so maybe he can tell you more. Jugoton Records (now Croatia record) - you can find most album of the rolling stones published by Jugoton and they are preety cheap. There were a lot of bands inflenced by the Stones. If you want to know more you have my e-mail on my profile. If I remember you sad that your grandfathers are from Croatia, do you know from which city?

Yes many questions and indeed we already discussed about Zagreb 1976, hvala ti za slike, also Voja did give me some input. But I want to know more. Maybe I will sent you an email. I am doing some research on the music scene in the former jugoslavija. Write a book about that.

Date: January 29, 2010 20:46

hey if you have any question don't hesitate to e-mail me, I'll help you as much as I can.

Date: January 29, 2010 20:49

Bitches Brew
hey if you have any question don't hesitate to e-mail me, I'll help you as much as I can.

Hvala ti puno. Pozdrav od Nizozemac (ili Holandsnin)

Date: January 29, 2010 20:50

Nema problema, živija!

Date: January 29, 2010 23:42

Come on people, give me your input. Greetings from Dalmacija

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 3, 2010 19:57

My uncle Miško went to both concerts in Zagreb (21-22 june 1976), said they did "Angie" on the 2nd night which was a nice surprise as they omitted it on the first date (notice that the "Rocksoff" site says "Probable setlist, no tape exists" for both dates with identical setlists); Mick was pouring water over the crowd, took another bucket, came towards Ronnie or Keith ( he said "guitarist" ) and the crowd went "oh!" probably fearing of electrocution, but Mick of course threw confetti at him.

Would love to see the old thread about the Zagreb concerts that you've mentioned (newbie here).

Pozdrav iz Novog Sada.

P.S. takodje, Cane iz Partibrejkersa mi je ispri?ao jednu zanimljivu anegdotu o dvojici njegovih drugara u bekstejdžu i Richardsu koji je šljokao šljivovicu sa njima, kad je Džeger ušao i digao frku ko su ovi, Keith mu re?e "Hey relax man, these are my Yugo buddies"... e sad, kol'ko je verovati Canetu, heh heh...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-03 20:06 by Milan.

Date: February 3, 2010 21:55

Milan
My uncle Miško went to both concerts in Zagreb (21-22 june 1976), said they did "Angie" on the 2nd night which was a nice surprise as they omitted it on the first date (notice that the "Rocksoff" site says "Probable setlist, no tape exists" for both dates with identical setlists); Mick was pouring water over the crowd, took another bucket, came towards Ronnie or Keith ( he said "guitarist" ) and the crowd went "oh!" probably fearing of electrocution, but Mick of course threw confetti at him.

Would love to see the old thread about the Zagreb concerts that you've mentioned (newbie here).

Pozdrav iz Novog Sada.

P.S. takodje, Cane iz Partibrejkersa mi je ispri?ao jednu zanimljivu anegdotu o dvojici njegovih drugara u bekstejdžu i Richardsu koji je šljokao šljivovicu sa njima, kad je Džeger ušao i digao frku ko su ovi, Keith mu re?e "Hey relax man, these are my Yugo buddies"... e sad, kol'ko je verovati Canetu, heh heh...

here you go: [www.iorr.org]

Date: February 3, 2010 21:56

keeffriffhard
Come on people, give me your input. Greetings from Dalmacija

hey keeffriffhard where are you from, if I may ask?

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 3, 2010 22:01

Very Interesting Post!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: February 3, 2010 22:54

You're welcome, Marshall.

Thanks for the link, Bitches Brew. I too have cousins in Dalmacija, in fact my father was born in Makarska and funnily enough my late grandmother was "miss Makarska" before the WWII, but that's completely off-topic here, of course... are there PMs on this site?

Off to check your link.

Edit: just did it. Great photos - thanks for sharing; never saw pics that Rasic took.

Some nice pics in colour by late Vican Vicanovic, that weren't posted in that thread, can be still viewed online in one old issue of "Džuboks".

Hang on...

... found it.

[www.popboks.com]

(click on "76", then on issue #25)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-03 23:08 by Milan.

Date: February 4, 2010 22:12

Hey I newer saw these pics on dzuboks, I was alway searhing through online versions - but it seems the wrong numbers. Nice articles too! It would be interesting if we could find all of the pics that he took that day from Vican Vicanovic. Is there a possibility to buy his pics? As I read he died couple of years ago, but is there anyone who is selling his pics?

Date: February 15, 2010 18:46

You're welcome, BB.

Just found another old thread -- [www.iorr.org]

Some GREAT scans by Voja, someone should translate it (for instance, a nice interview with Ron), and there's also another mention of "Angie" being played on the 2nd night in Zagreb, which proves my uncle's memory is good! Someone should notify Gazza...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home