Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Anyone definitely not going to go and see the Stones if they do another tour?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 3, 2010 02:35

behroez
skipstone
Maybe the Stones need to do a Bail Out tour - as in, tour for free for the fans. That's the only way people will be able to afford to financially and it might make hearing the same tired wrecked songs again a little more...palatable.

It is very confusing those responses that is. On the one hand you all say that particulairily Keith ccan't play anymore, and that they play allways the same songs. But when some one says, right Jagger send Keith on retirement and get Taylor back instead of Keith. In the Taylor interview on the Taylor threat he tells how he had a "creative relation" with Mick, but Taylor doesn't say anything positive about Keith at all. And it was allready established on this site that most responders here thought Wandering spirit was a bettter album than what Keith composed for the Stones at the time, plus the excellent solo albums of Ron wood. So logical conclusion Keith on retirement, Taylor, Wood and Jagger coming together with Watts (if he's still in the game) and writing and recording a new and final album followed by a final tour playing only those new songs and some new renditions of older cover songs (the Womack and womack version of It's All Over Now for example). This is a logical and propositional vision, but yet it gets panned by the "fans" (what do they actually want you wonder)... Why would the Stones actually listen to the fans, look at you, all you do is complain and criticise, DITCH THE FANS i saysmiling smiley DITCH THEM!

It is true, fans are the enemies of any band, because they love a certain time and period and forever wants you to re-enact that past glory, And than complain that it is not exactly like that time....no ofcourse it ain't. Ditch the fans and do what is wise, (which is the opposite of what the fans want).

For the hundredth time, it is because without Keith Richards it is NOT the Rolling Stones, anymore than it is without Mick Jagger. In answer to what the fans 'want", it's simple. We want them to be healthy and to play well, whatever it is that they play. We want value for the money charged. We want good quality new material. We want the vaults opened.

Re: Anyone definitely not going to go and see the Stones if they do another tour?
Posted by: behroez ()
Date: February 3, 2010 02:39

71Tele
We want them to be healthy and to play well,

You live in Googoo land, arthritis is a degenerative disease, dream on

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 3, 2010 02:42

behroez
71Tele
We want them to be healthy and to play well,

You live in Googoo land, arthritis is a degenerative disease, dream on

Just saying what we want. Hoping for health and competence is not setting the bar too high, I think.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: February 3, 2010 16:15

Having been to every tour since 1978, I won't skip the next tour entirely. But I doubt I'll follow it with the fervor that I have followed past tours. The quality of their recent performances just doesn't warrant it. Brand loyalty only goes so far.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 3, 2010 16:33

"Nothing is over until we decide it's over!" Let's Go!!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: February 4, 2010 00:52

I will be there for sure.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: February 4, 2010 06:56

I'll be there........

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 4, 2010 12:34

I will be going, still cant resist.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 4, 2010 13:00

Of course, I will go.
Even if last time I saw them (Rome 2007) i realized that someway the circle was closed, I will go 110%.
After 2003 tour I had the feeling that I hadn't enough, that i needed more concerts to be completely satisfied, but after 2007 i will simply take what life will bring....
A brand new cd will be helpful to me

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 4, 2010 13:10

they've lost the ability to impress me live some time ago (2003 is the last tour where I can listen to boots and say "wow! well done!) so I won't go. BUT I'm still a fan...

"Ronnies finished with Russians"
let's hope he's also finished with "White Russians" (subtle joke here)

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 4, 2010 16:01

My last RS concert was SAD, i almost cried looking to KR. I thought he was going to last weeks, no more than a year.
He is still alive, but i'm scheptik

Posted by: Esperola ()
Date: February 4, 2010 16:20

I am not going to go because they wouldn't come to Estonia anymore (they promised to, though) and I can't afford travelling abroad and attending a RS concert.

"Rape, murder, it's just a shot away..."

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 5, 2010 05:14

Wow! I'm effing surprised at how many people say they wouldn't go or doubt they would. Is this the Michael Jackson forum or something?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 5, 2010 07:03

I will be there.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 5, 2010 15:28

atip
Wow! I'm effing surprised at how many people say they wouldn't go or doubt they would. Is this the Michael Jackson forum or something?

Perhaps the economy has finally awoken most of us to the ridiculous wallet purging we've undergone for so many years........

Let's take a look at this here...

In 97 my first Stones show cost me $60-75 for seats up toward the top of Foxboro stadium at the opposite end zone.....

In 99 I paid a scalper $100 each for tix 6th row behind the stage in Hartford.

For Licks in 02 I paid $150 for seats about halfway away from the stage, again at the Hartford Civic Center...In 5 years prices doubled......

ABB shows ran $250-$300 a pop with my floor seats in MSG right next to the BStage being $500 a piece....That is a 100-200% mark-up in just 2-3 years, and 500-1000% in 7-8 years.....

With 3 kids to put thru college, a house to finish renovating, a mortgage, a car payment, and bands equally talented performing better shows (and longer shows in the case of Bruce), for far less money (The Black Crowes specifically) I can go see them a bunch of times, wait for all the Instant Live CDs to go on clearance and pick up as many of them that I don't yet have, and STILL be under what it typically cost me for 1 ABB show when I factor in ticket prices, T-shirts, gas, tolls, meals, and any lodging if I didn't drive home that same night....

They are a great band, and will forever be my favorite, but I'm sorry the days of following them blindly in a cult-like manner are long gone. I run my own business just like them - it's called my savings and retirement - and similar to them looking to reap as much as they can from us and horde it for themselves, well I'm looking to cut expenses and horde as much for my family and myself as I can. Moving CDs to a new bank if a rate is better - this used to bother me, but not anymore...banks do the same thing - we're all businesses looking to make a bit more to try and get a little further ahead. The Stones should wake up and realize they are no longer price conducive to their average fan. And I can't believe I even feel the need to have to apologize on here or explain myself and my position...

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:53

VoodooLounge13
atip

Perhaps the economy has finally awoken most of us to the ridiculous wallet purging we've undergone for so many years........

In 97 my first Stones show cost me $60-75 for seats up toward the top of Foxboro stadium at the opposite end zone.....

For Licks in 02 I paid $150 for seats about halfway away from the stage, again at the Hartford Civic Center...In 5 years prices doubled......

ABB shows ran $250-$300 a pop with my floor seats in MSG right next to the BStage being $500 a piece....That is a 100-200% mark-up in just 2-3 years, and 500-1000% in 7-8 years.....

With 3 kids to put thru college, a house to finish renovating, a mortgage, a car payment, and bands equally talented performing better shows (and longer shows in the case of Bruce), for far less money (The Black Crowes specifically) I can go see them a bunch of times, wait for all the Instant Live CDs to go on clearance and pick up as many of them that I don't yet have, and STILL be under what it typically cost me for 1 ABB show when I factor in ticket prices, T-shirts, gas, tolls, meals, and any lodging if I didn't drive home that same night....

They are a great band, and will forever be my favorite, but I'm sorry the days of following them blindly in a cult-like manner are long gone. I run my own business just like them - it's called my savings and retirement - and similar to them looking to reap as much as they can from us and horde it for themselves, well I'm looking to cut expenses and horde as much for my family and myself as I can. Moving CDs to a new bank if a rate is better - this used to bother me, but not anymore...banks do the same thing - we're all businesses looking to make a bit more to try and get a little further ahead. The Stones should wake up and realize they are no longer price conducive to their average fan. And I can't believe I even feel the need to have to apologize on here or explain myself and my position...
Well said!I would not and never have paid big bucks to see any band,just used women to get to the front or to the hotel they are at after the show etc,etc..its called "Street Wise"smoking smileyThe thing is,most fans of big acts are just Working Class peasants and this is their escape from reality or whatever and the big acts know it,we all complain and whine but in the end most pay for their escape into fantasy for a night from their dull dreary working class lives which the majority drinking smiley all have.>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Date: February 5, 2010 16:55

Esperola
I am not going to go because they wouldn't come to Estonia anymore (they promised to, though) and I can't afford travelling abroad and attending a RS concert.
I wouldnt go to Estonia either!>grinning smiley<By the way,where the hell is Egrinning smileysmoking smileystonia?

Posted by: aoxomoxoa ()
Date: February 5, 2010 18:17

MARSBAR
Esperola
I wouldnt go to Estonia either!>grinning smiley<By the way,where the hell is Egrinning smileysmoking smileystonia?
Take a look on a anything map.
I wouldnt go. My last Stones' show was in Rome 2007. I cant ever effort nor the high
ticket's cost, the travel, and all. I have to handle my life and my family.
I agree with the poster above, about to have them healthy and and god conditons but for themselves. I do not greet to anyone to have a bad health, it could a star, or a each of us.. Stones or not Stones. If they might release a new music, I'ms till interested, but the times of full blindness are over. I'm still a fan. Love them, but I have to care for myself. I'm fighting to have my still my health saved. I'm not in good shape .. and but this is another matter.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 5, 2010 18:27

MARSBAR
VoodooLounge13
atip

Well said!I would not and never have paid big bucks to see any band,just used women to get to the front or to the hotel they are at after the show etc,etc..its called "Street Wise"smoking smileyThe thing is,most fans of big acts are just Working Class peasants and this is their escape from reality or whatever and the big acts know it,we all complain and whine but in the end most pay for their escape into fantasy for a night from their dull dreary working class lives which the majority drinking smiley all have.>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

You mean 'panem et circenses', MARSBAR. But where's the 'panis/panem'? And even the circenses are not for free.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 5, 2010 18:44

atip

I am pretty sure some of them (I didn't say ALL of them ) would go when time comes.

The only thing that bothers me is Keith's arthrisis ,it's going to be worse & worse even if one says taht move is the best medecine...

I'll go ,I'll try to attend as many shows as possible ,even with the cost of travel in Europe or US .
Because I am sorry now that I've missed so many venues , as the end is alomost here .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: February 5, 2010 18:52

kleermaker
MARSBAR
VoodooLounge13
atip

You mean 'panem et circenses', MARSBAR. But where's the 'panis/panem'? And even the circenses are not for free.
Sorry!I dont speak Estonian,have not got a clue what you mean?smoking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 5, 2010 19:05

MARSBAR
kleermaker
MARSBAR
VoodooLounge13
atip

Well, actually it's Latin, as you know. The Roman rulers used to give the "Working Class peasants" as you call them (the proletariat or the plebs as the Romans called them, those who only could reproduce) bread and games (you know, gladiators etc.) for free, in order to keep them quiet.

Have a clue now?

Date: February 5, 2010 19:54

kleermaker
MARSBAR
kleermaker
MARSBAR
VoodooLounge13
atip

Well, actually it's Latin, as you know. The Roman rulers used to give the "Working Class peasants" as you call them (the proletariat or the plebs as the Romans called them, those who only could reproduce) bread and games (you know, gladiators etc.) for free, in order to keep them quiet.

Have a clue now?
No they did not actually, Roman rulers etc put on the GAMES to get votes and stay in power,thats why they ended,in the end it got more and more expensive to fund the games and the Working Class peasants wanted more and more,a bit like Stones fans reallysmoking smileyI read a fascinating book many a year ago on the Roman Games,they kept records and the book was full of satistics on how many Slaves/prisoners/animals/etc were killed in 1 day,its mind blowing,they could flood arenas for sea battles.The crowds wanted more and more as I said,Politicians therefore got exotic animals or whatever idea they could come up with to get Plebs to vote for them cos of the great Games they put on....hence the out of control expence in the end.eye popping smiley

Date: February 5, 2010 20:15

MARSBAR
kleermaker
MARSBAR
kleermaker
MARSBAR
VoodooLounge13
atip

Have a clue now?
No they did not actually, Roman rulers etc put on the GAMES to get votes and stay in power,thats why they ended,in the end it got more and more expensive to fund the games and the Working Class peasants wanted more and more,a bit like Stones fans reallysmoking smileyI read a fascinating book many a year ago on the Roman Games,they kept records and the book was full of satistics on how many Slaves/prisoners/animals/etc were killed in 1 day,its mind blowing,they could flood arenas for sea battles.The crowds wanted more and more as I said,Politicians therefore got exotic animals or whatever idea they could come up with to get Plebs to vote for them cos of the great Games they put on....hence the out of control expence in the end.eye popping smiley

I understand opening day at the colosseum was such a bloodfest, thousands and thousands of animals and people killed, they had people walking around the crowds spraying perfume to offset the stench...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2010 20:20

I don't see the point in going to Stones shows anymore. I am getting old and lazy. On Friday nights I love to have a drink and watch TV. Why would I mess up my life with travel, queuing for tickets, going to rehersals, listening to the band working on new songs, shaking hands with Charlie, Mick, Keith and Ronnie, meeting up with hundreds of fans I have met over the years, queuing up to get into stadiums, listening to new versions live of my favorite songs like Memory Motel, Sympathy For The Devil, Jumpi9ng Jack Flash, As Tears Go By, and paying a fortune on travel and tickets? No. I would rather stay in my sofa and drink a beer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 5, 2010 20:32

bv
I don't see the point in going to Stones shows anymore. I am getting old and lazy. On Friday nights I love to have a drink and watch TV. Why would I mess up my life with travel, queuing for tickets, going to rehersals, listening to the band working on new songs, shaking hands with Charlie, Mick, Keith and Ronnie, meeting up with hundreds of fans I have met over the years, queuing up to get into stadiums, listening to new versions live of my favorite songs like Memory Motel, Sympathy For The Devil, Jumpi9ng Jack Flash, As Tears Go By, and paying a fortune on travel and tickets? No. I would rather stay in my sofa and drink a beer.

I could be your proxy and send you updates while you are lounging around.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: February 5, 2010 21:00

MARSBAR
Roman rulers etc put on the GAMES to get votes and stay in power,thats why they ended,in the end it got more and more expensive to fund the games and the Working Class peasants wanted more and more,a bit like Stones fans reallysmoking smileyI read a fascinating book many a year ago on the Roman Games,they kept records and the book was full of satistics on how many Slaves/prisoners/animals/etc were killed in 1 day,its mind blowing,they could flood arenas for sea battles.The crowds wanted more and more as I said,Politicians therefore got exotic animals or whatever idea they could come up with to get Plebs to vote for them cos of the great Games they put on....hence the out of control expence in the end.eye popping smiley

To stay in power and to give the people thrills. The Roman empire never finished. Todays games? Yes true, pop-music and the image/identities it sells, and the TV, CP, DVD etc. Today's bread? Did you know that about 80 % of the grains in the US alone (that's included import) is being consumed by slaughter cattle? Did you know that to produce the average steak as much grain is being consumed by the animal that it can fill about 45 bowls of grain to feed the world's hungry? (for only one steak). No politician is really serious about fighting the hunger or dissease in the world (more money is invested in finding a cure against baldness than against malaria, for example). for that would mean a reduction of the "bread and games", now that will mean riots, no politician is ever going to do that. So we want it all! Bread and games, and as cheap as possible, that's why all factories have been displaced to China. It's own greed is destroying those that inherited the Roman Empire. Yes, Babylon is falling. Anyway we are way off topic.....or getting at the core of it?

Date: February 5, 2010 21:03

behroez
MARSBAR
Roman rulers etc put on the GAMES to get votes and stay in power,thats why they ended,in the end it got more and more expensive to fund the games and the Working Class peasants wanted more and more,a bit like Stones fans reallysmoking smileyI read a fascinating book many a year ago on the Roman Games,they kept records and the book was full of satistics on how many Slaves/prisoners/animals/etc were killed in 1 day,its mind blowing,they could flood arenas for sea battles.The crowds wanted more and more as I said,Politicians therefore got exotic animals or whatever idea they could come up with to get Plebs to vote for them cos of the great Games they put on....hence the out of control expence in the end.eye popping smiley

To stay in power and to give the people thrills. The Roman empire never finished. Todays games? Yes true, pop-music and the image/identities it sells, and the TV, CP, DVD etc. Today's bread? Did you know that about 80 % of the grains in the US alone (that's included import) is being consumed by slaughter cattle? Did you know that to produce the average steak as much grain is being consumed by the animal that it can fill about 45 bowls of grain to feed the world's hungry? (for only one steak). No politician is really serious about fighting the hunger or dissease in the world (more money is invested in finding a cure against baldness than against malaria, for example). for that would mean a reduction of the "bread and games", now that will mean riots, no politician is ever going to do that. So we want it all! Bread and games, and as cheap as possible, that's why all factories have been displaced to China. It's own greed is destroying those that inherited the Roman Empire. Yes, Babylon is falling. Anyway we are way off topic.....or getting at the core of it?

Agreed

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 5, 2010 21:45

bv

are those our only two options? hmmm...the sofa/beer thing sounds good, but can we please have the option of seeing 10 shows (for the cost of one stones show) to see music played by musicians who still care more about the music than the spectacle and are willing to challenge themselves and their audiences? please???

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2010 21:57

The price of one single Stones show is 100-150 euro/dollar. The cost of my sofa is free and I get to see my family. A beer cost 3 dollar. It's like 30-50 beers or a Stone show. I think that is how many people think.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home