Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dear Mathijs..and others
Posted by: Anderson ()
Date: November 3, 2007 05:10

As a great lover of the 78 tour, it makes me wonder, about as, for most people, and fans I suppose, how come you prefer the latter part of the 1981 tour compared to the the early stages of that tour. As a whole, which, please correct me if I'm wrong, is your favourite of all times.
MJ defintely sings more in the 1978-way, ie in a screaming kind of way during the early part of that tour, compared to the later stages. Is it only because of the guitars, say, the rest of the band being more rehearsed, you like the later period?
To me, Mick's vocals is so much more dedicated, and seveties like, if you want; on the early stages during that tour, than when he became more shouting in a way voice saving and flat, than 70s cool growling. The growl disappeared somewhere during towards the end of that tour, and he started, for the first time ever, to save his voice imo.
What I mean is, Mick contribution has always meant so much to the band imo, that I feel the real sound of the Stones was lost sometime during that tour, because Mick's vox was never the same after the middle of it.
Agree? Comments?

Best regards and all.

Re: Dear Mathijs..and others
Date: November 3, 2007 16:24

<how come you prefer the latter part of the 1981 tour compared to the the early stages of that tour?>

Just listen to the boots from Philly or Buffalo (start of the tour) and Hampton or Kansas City (end of the tour), and you´ll know why. The first shows were extremely sloppy and unrehearsed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home