Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pink Floyd box set coming in December
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 27, 2007 15:23

All 14 studio albums. Limited edition of 10,000 copies. Suggested retail price: $249.00.

Re: OT: Pink Floyd box set coming in December
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: October 27, 2007 16:18

and hasn't this been done before ? and the record buisness wonder why yhey are in strife ? lets repackage again is their answer, it worked when CDs arrived on the market, but now that they don't have control of the format anymore, scratching of heads. maybe if the started to develop soemnew acts a......
not that i give much of a feck

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: October 27, 2007 16:31

*Yawn* I like Floyd, but I have all 14 studio albums. Give me a box set of unreleased studio outtakes and live material, like the great bootleg "Total Eclipse". Or release the BBC sessions. It dawned me the other day that Floyd and the Stones are the only major acts that have not released any BBC sessions (Beatles, Who, Kinks, Zeppelin, Hendrix, have all had BBC releases).

Date: October 27, 2007 19:00

Nanker Phlegm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and hasn't this been done before ?

Not exactly. You're probably thinking of the box set SHINE ON that was released in the mid-90s. I don't own it, but I think that one contained just SEVEN Floyd albums (Saucerful Of Secrets, Meddle, DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, and Momentary Lapse Of Reason), plus a bonus "Relics" type of CD with all their non-album A and B sides.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: October 27, 2007 22:48

Does anyone know whether there are SACD mixes in the new set?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 27, 2007 23:09

These releases frustrate me. If you want a new 14 cd PF boxed set, then go to your local record store, buy all 14 cd's, and put them in a box! Now you've got a boxed set.

I agree with Happy Jack that something not simply repackaged would be much more worthy of remotely eager anticipation.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 28, 2007 00:08

When you see the Labels releasing stuff like this they deserve the downfall they are all experiencing. This would have been a cool project 15 yrs ago, just a bit too late now. Give a reason for fans to buy something they already own.

U2 is doing a Joshua Tree package in November that contains extra tracks, live DVD from that tour, etc. That is called a package...if you are a fan of that band.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: October 29, 2007 02:27

I would like to see a cd of unreleased songs...outtakes. They are teasing us.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 29, 2007 03:13

Whoever wants it can have my copy.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 29, 2007 06:28

A long time ago Floyd said there would never be a collection of outtakes and demos. The stuff exists but they would prefer that only the polished product be released.

If there are unreleased songs, there is probably a good reason for them never being released.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: October 29, 2007 09:49

Not worth buying the box. Same old thing, in brand new drag, to quote Bowie.

Date: October 29, 2007 15:28

trainarollin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A long time ago Floyd said there would never be a
> collection of outtakes and demos. The stuff exists
> but they would prefer that only the polished
> product be released.
>
> If there are unreleased songs, there is probably a
> good reason for them never being released.

They should at least put out the BBC Sessions. The tracks they recorded for the BBC in 1971 are actually more polished and better sounding than the Meddle LP that was released at around the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-29 16:04 by tatters.

Posted by: sherer1 ()
Date: November 2, 2007 18:10

this set isn't even SACD or DVD-A. it's just the albums in those Japanese Mini-Vinyl slipcase some with gatefold which you can buy on your own anyway.

The set it details on amazon.com if you want to see it.

There was going to be an extra DVD with interviews but that was canned so it's just the albums nothing live and no extra tracks. i think there may be the singles from the sixties but they have all been out before anyway

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home