Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Including the Stones and Stones people in your prayers
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 28, 2010 06:31

Weird but true. I try to be religious and throw up a prayer for the boys every so often.

Anyone else.

Went back to church for the first time in a long time and the ushers were called Mick and Keith...no shit...took it as a sign.

God bless everyone here on the board. Peace.

Re: Including the Stones and Stones people in your prayers
Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 28, 2010 06:37

No I don't pray for the Stones

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 28, 2010 06:37

Not a particularly religous person myself. But I would like to take this opportunity to mention a regular on Rocks Off who is in great need of help. The very nice GotToRollMe needs the help and support of the Stones fan community.[rocksoff.org]

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: January 28, 2010 07:00

Why the @#$%& would I pray for the Stones?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 28, 2010 10:18

>> But I would like to take this opportunity to mention a regular on Rocks Off who is in great need of help. <<

thank you for the alert, sweetcharmedlife

and yeah: in the evenings and in the mornings, when we set out on our journeys and when we return home,
we shall speak of them. all kinds of blessings on all the Stones, for good

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 28, 2010 10:58

I would have thought the people of Haiti could benefit more from prayer at this time than the Stones (if it worked!)

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 28, 2010 11:35

No, can't say I have done that though have sure hoped for a tour.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 28, 2010 12:30

Research showed that people in hospital who where prayed for had less chance in getting better than people who where not prayed for.

So I would be carefull praying for the Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 28, 2010 14:45

sweetcharmedlife
Not a particularly religous person myself. But I would like to take this opportunity to mention a regular on Rocks Off who is in great need of help. The very nice GotToRollMe needs the help and support of the Stones fan community.[rocksoff.org]

Thanks for that.

A few IORR'ers would know Mary (gottorollme) as she was with us for the Stones' gigs in Lisbon & Madrid in 2007, having flown over from New Jersey for the week. That trip meant a lot to her and it'd be great if she was well enough to do so again next time around. She's a great Stones fan and a great friend and any help anyone can come up with would be very welcome at the moment.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 28, 2010 15:47

Gaz: How can I know my blood type? I'm willing to help her if I have the correct type.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 28, 2010 16:02

Your doctor would have it on your medical records, Kent. Might be on a birth certificate too.

Her blood type is 'O +', which is the most common type. (37.4% in the US and 35% in your country)

We've posted this appeal on Rocks Off, Shidoobee and Keno's Gas x 3 boards, so the more people who are aware of it, the better chances there will be of her getting a donor.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-28 16:06 by Gazza.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 28, 2010 16:03

Yes, I have actually prayed for the Stones. I'm not a religious person either, but have found praying can be beneficial, and certainly doesn't hurt! Many of mine have been answered.

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 28, 2010 16:20

Good grief, we seem to be REALLY reaching for subject matter. We need some tour news or something.

I WILL relate that Mick Jagger told the assembled throng after Chuch Megee's funeral in Marquette, Michigan, a few years back, that he'd "never taken communion in an American church before" and was apparently gratified at being able to do so at his friend's send-off.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 28, 2010 16:24

Tseverin
I would have thought the people of Haiti could benefit more from prayer at this time than the Stones (if it worked!)

now that's the best post of the week !

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 28, 2010 16:32

just double-checking here: we're talking about a rock'n'roll band here, right? we're talking about millionaires who have it all and then some, right?

meanwhile, there are millions in the world who don't know if they will live to see their next meal....

....yeah, the stones need our prayers really badly....

Re: blessings
Date: January 28, 2010 16:39

LoFL: there's plenty to go around! [turning up Everything's Turning to Gold way loud]
Gazza honey, can you post a thread here on iorr specifically for GotToRollMe? with a communicative title, i mean?
i only opened this thread by accident, and it's kinda cranky, and GotToRollMe's situation wants positive attention

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-28 16:43 by with sssoul.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 28, 2010 16:44

Tseverin

I've been praying for them a lot!

I pray often for people, what can I say. People I know and don't know.

I guess maybe it is odd, but yes, when the Stones are traveling, I pray for safe travels and I have prayed for Charlie's full recovery, among many other things. It doesn't matter if they "have it all", without your health, you have nothing.

I had an experience a long time ago praying to my deceased brother and it changed my view of prayer.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 28, 2010 16:45

Sure, when someone mentions a death or illness. We all need someone we can lean on.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 28, 2010 17:01

R
Good grief, we seem to be REALLY reaching for subject matter. We need some tour news or something.

I totally agree with you.

Praying for the Stones ? Of course not .
And I don't want to go into religious purposes as bv doesn't allow it ,but I think that there are too many people that ask G.. and pray but forget to say thanks when everything is OK .
I hope I don't hurt anyone by writing this .

JumpingKentFlash
Gaz: How can I know my blood type? I'm willing to help her if I have the correct type.

Don't you have a card with your blood group ? I always get mine in my wallet in case of an accident they will know I am Brh+.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 28, 2010 17:02

Send It To me

Went back to church for the first time in a long time and the ushers were called Mick and Keith...no shit...took it as a sign.

. Peace.

Yeah Right, and I'm Cindy Lauper

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 28, 2010 17:04

sweetcharmedlife
The very nice GotToRollMe needs the help and support of the Stones fan community.[rocksoff.org]

I sincerely hope she'll find a donor soon .Must be difficult to live with a sword of Damocles on top of the head .Here in France we have 800 liver transplants per year .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 28, 2010 17:12

The owner of the New Orleans Saints has had many priests at some of the games this regular season as well as a "prayer" for the team. That's great, fantastic. It has nothing to do with the people actually playing the game then does it. Right, it's all in "god's" hands.

People talk about "saying a prayer" for someone. That's a bunch of bullshit, saying you're going to "say a prayer" for someone. If you're actually going to do that you keep it to yourself. People who talk about it out loud and say it as if they're ordering a Happy Meal sound and are ridiculous.

Haiti gets destroyed and people want to PRAY? That's the equivalent to NOT doing anything.

Stop "praying" and DO SOMETHING. Action. Reality. Something tangible. Not some fantasy land thing or some twisted stroke of imagination.

So hell no I'm not gonna "say a prayer" for the disgustingly rich Rolling Stones.

That's my $.02

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 28, 2010 17:49

Gazza
Your doctor would have it on your medical records, Kent. Might be on a birth certificate too.

Her blood type is 'O +', which is the most common type. (37.4% in the US and 35% in your country)

We've posted this appeal on Rocks Off, Shidoobee and Keno's Gas x 3 boards, so the more people who are aware of it, the better chances there will be of her getting a donor.

Thanks.
Called and checked it. My blood type is A. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 28, 2010 18:14

Ah well. Thanks all the same for checking.

I dont want to hijack Send it to me's thread, so as suggested by sssoul I started another thread specifically for this topic.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 28, 2010 19:13

skipstone
The owner of the New Orleans Saints has had many priests at some of the games this regular season as well as a "prayer" for the team. That's great, fantastic. It has nothing to do with the people actually playing the game then does it. Right, it's all in "god's" hands.

People talk about "saying a prayer" for someone. That's a bunch of bullshit, saying you're going to "say a prayer" for someone. If you're actually going to do that you keep it to yourself. People who talk about it out loud and say it as if they're ordering a Happy Meal sound and are ridiculous.

Haiti gets destroyed and people want to PRAY? That's the equivalent to NOT doing anything.

Stop "praying" and DO SOMETHING. Action. Reality. Something tangible. Not some fantasy land thing or some twisted stroke of imagination.

So hell no I'm not gonna "say a prayer" for the disgustingly rich Rolling Stones.

That's my $.02

Yeah Drew Brees said it was God's will that he went to the Saints.....The $60 million he got didn't hurt either.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 28, 2010 19:16

NO, why should you?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 28, 2010 19:21

skipstone

That's my $.02

The holy currency calculator converts your opinion at slightly under $.01
Just so you know

Date: January 28, 2010 20:16

... i know people who pray and at the same time consider the concept of "sending someone positive energy" pathetically goofy;
i also know people who consider "sincere hopes that X gets what they need" the same thing as "praying for someone".
wishing someone well takes many forms ... and it doesn't preclude actively DOING something,
or wishing lots of people well, or giving thanks and praises when one is blessed and appreciates it.
[turning up Words of Wonder way loud ... and Yap Yap :E]

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: January 29, 2010 00:02

with sssoul
LoFL: there's plenty to go around! [turning up Everything's Turning to Gold way loud]
Gazza honey, can you post a thread here on iorr specifically for GotToRollMe? with a communicative title, i mean?
i only opened this thread by accident, and it's kinda cranky, and GotToRollMe's situation wants positive attention

Agree

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 29, 2010 00:54

I can say that prayer is a regular part of my life. Yet, I agree with skipstone to some extent that prayer for the hurting and less fortunate without action is meaningless. So, I'll pray AND help when I can.

Yeah, I saw a priest on the field at the Superdome last week. I wondered what that's all about. Is he a good luck charm??? And, when athletes give credit to God for their team winning, I wonder what they say about God when they lose . . . . can they then blame God?

I don't think God could care any less about which team wins a game.

Never prayed for the Stones, never had any reason to.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home