Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

(Hardly OT) In Honorem Willie Dixon
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 12, 2007 13:25

Re: (Hardly OT) In Honorem Willie Dixon
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 12, 2007 13:29

Some more of his songs [en.wikipedia.org]

"300 Pounds Of Joy" – Howlin' Wolf
"Bring It on Home" – Sonny Boy Williamson II (Rice Miller), Led Zeppelin, Van Morrison, Dread Zeppelin
"Close to You" – Muddy Waters, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Doors, Sam Lay, Rock Bottom
"Diddy Wah Diddy" – Bo Diddley, Captain Beefheart, The Blues Band
"Do Me Right" – Lowell Fulson
"Evil" – Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Canned Heat, Captain Beefheart, Monster Magnet, Derek and the Dominos, Gary Moore, Cactus, The Faces, Steve Miller
"I Ain't Superstitious" – Howlin' Wolf, The Yardbirds, Grateful Dead, Megadeth, Jeff Beck
"I Can't Quit You Baby" – Little Milton, Otis Rush, John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, Led Zeppelin, Gary Moore, Dread Zeppelin
"I'm Ready" – Muddy Waters, Humble Pie, Buddy Guy, Aerosmith, Long John Baldry, Low Budget Blues Band
"Pain In My Heart" – Willie Dixon
"Too Many Cooks" – Buddy Guy, Robert Cray
"Whole Lotta Love" – Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" was appropriated, without credit, from Dixon's "You Gotta Be Loved". Dixon and his music publisher received credit and royalties, after a 1985 lawsuit was settled out of court. This song is also sometimes called "You Need Love".
"You Shook Me" – Muddy Waters, Jeff Beck Group, Led Zeppelin, Dread Zeppelin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home