Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: "Ronnie Wood to tour without Stones"?
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: January 19, 2010 15:27

carlostones10
Silver Dagger
carlostones10
And Ronnie new album? He never recorder the album. Ronnie and Fiends, More Good News and we don´t see anything.

Hey Carlos,

Is the album Ronnie and Fiends...as in Ronnie and his drug fiend buddies? smileys with beer

Hahahaha, ok.

We believe in you. Don´t worrie!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 19, 2010 15:37

Get in there Ronnie! I knew ya could do it. I guess it's down to who he's gonna pick to tour with. I don't see Billy Gibbons doing it, but Slash is probably bored out of his skull by now. Wonder if Jones and MacLagan have a shot.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 19, 2010 15:48

i thought the faces, sans rod, were gonna do some dates? this is all so confusing - could someone please storyboard this whole thing...i need some visual aids...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 19, 2010 16:09

So, while most of the board here was blaiming Ronnie for delaying the next Stones tour, what happens? Ronnie will tour without stones.

C

Date: January 19, 2010 16:12

i never blame ron; i blame-uh myself....or keef....

Date: January 19, 2010 16:17

liddas
So, while most of the board here was blaiming Ronnie for delaying the next Stones tour, what happens? Ronnie will tour without stones.

C

I figured he'd be ambulatory the way people were talking about him. I guess people figured if they cried loud enough, they could sabatoge him. Better luck next time. The band he puts together will probably make the Stones look like shit, and he'll probably make a ton of money. I know I'll be there.

Date: January 19, 2010 16:20

Brue
liddas

C

I figured he'd be ambulatory the way people were talking about him. I guess people figured if they cried loud enough, they could sabatoge him. Better luck next time. The band he puts together will probably make the Stones look like shit, and he'll probably make a ton of money. I know I'll be there.

a ton of money? from the dozens of rabid fans flocking to these shows?

Date: January 19, 2010 16:24

StonesTod
Brue
liddas

C

a ton of money? from the dozens of rabid fans flocking to these shows?

Them grapes is gettin sour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-19 16:58 by Brue.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 19, 2010 16:40

Gazza
Lightnin'
It's on Yahoo News also.

Wood "planning solo tour" [uk.news.yahoo.com]

One India have somehow managed to twist the headline into a 'world tour' even though the story that theyve ran (and lifted from the Daily Express) merely mentions an unnamed source saying there are plans for 'some shows'..

eye rolling smiley

[entertainment.oneindia.in]

Sunnybandio made it into journalism? confused smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 19, 2010 16:42

Memo to Ronnie:
Bring it on. Don't just tease us with thoughts and dreams. If the Stones aren't working, then hit the road. Stay busy. Love life through your music. Record, release, tour. Surround yourself with good people that have good intentions. Be inspired by being inspiring. Brush your teeth with rock and roll.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 19, 2010 17:41

leteyer
If he joined the Stones in '76, who played with them on the TOTA tout?

I thought he became member when they did VL in 93.Keith & Charlie outvoted Mick...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2010 17:47

liddas

C

A solo tour doesnt disprove the theory behind a delay in a Stones tour at all.

A Stones tour requires huge insurance premiums due to the financial risks involved and the amount of sponsorship being put up. In that sense, Ronnie presumably remains an insurance problem.

There's no such risk involved in him doing a few low key solo gigs in theatres.

And at the minute this is just unconfirmed hot air. Nothing's even close to being confirmed yet. I'd guess that Ronnie is several months away from being capable of playing a few shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-19 17:52 by Gazza.

Date: January 19, 2010 17:53

bluesinc.
leteyer
If he joined the Stones in '76, who played with them on the TOTA tout?

I thought he became member when they did VL in 93.Keith & Charlie outvoted Mick...

he joined the band in February 1976. Hence his appearance on the cover of albums from Black & Blue onwards. However he was only a salaried employee until 1993.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: January 19, 2010 18:02

Perhaps he should consider a stay in rehab prior to touring

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 19, 2010 18:07

Gazza
liddas

C

A solo tour doesnt disprove the theory behind a delay in a Stones tour at all.

A Stones tour requires huge insurance premiums due to the financial risks involved and the amount of sponsorship being put up. In that sense, Ronnie presumably remains an insurance problem.

There's no such risk involved in him doing a few low key solo gigs in theatres.

And at the minute this is just unconfirmed hot air. Nothing's even close to being confirmed yet. I'd guess that Ronnie is several months away from being capable of playing a few shows.

This insurance thing can't be an issue. It was when Keith banged his head, only because one can't possibly imagine a Stones show without Keith on stage. No insurance guy will call to complain because Keith screwed the intro to Brown Sugar. But this is absolutely not the case with Ronnie. He is able enough to walk on stage, so the shows may go on. If occasionally he appears to be too out of it to play, all they have to do is bury him in the mix and 99% of the audience wouldn't notice it.

C

Date: January 19, 2010 18:07

oldfan

I would take that as a given. I would imagine his bandmates would have insisted on it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 19, 2010 18:18

rehab's his middle name, i believe? maybe a residency stay at a rehab...no point taking the show on the road...

Date: January 19, 2010 18:27

Gazza
oldfan

I would take that as a given. I would imagine his bandmates would have insisted on it.

If he's signing the checks, he can do whatever he wants. 'I would take that as a given'. lol You think MacLagan would be happy to play a 15,000 seater as opposed to a dive bar? Like he said, 'Ronnie falls off the wagon from time to time, what do you expect, he's a drunk'. I think this attitude is all you can hope for.

All this insurance bullshit - Richards is so much farther down the pan than Wood could ever be. Wood's been sober for entire years, for cryin out loud. Whether you stay that way is another matter, but it definitely lowers the mileage on your body.

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: January 19, 2010 18:30

ronny solo on tour ist not realy interesting for me.

i want them alllll

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 19, 2010 18:54

i bet ya that ronnie will have a pretty good band with him

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 19, 2010 19:04

It's a good sign that Ronnie wants to get back in business with his music. When he works he usually does better probably because his mind is focused and he is with his buddies musicians. Good luck Ron Wood.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: January 19, 2010 19:56

Brue
If he's signing the checks, he can do whatever he wants. 'I would take that as a given'. lol You think MacLagan would be happy to play a 15,000 seater as opposed to a dive bar? Like he said, 'Ronnie falls off the wagon from time to time, what do you expect, he's a drunk'. I think this attitude is all you can hope for.

Not quite. If Woody's going to be deemed employable by the rest of the Stones (and their promoters/sponsors), he's going to need to be seen to be functional. Thats not going to happen this side of another rehab stint, and all this crap about a solo tour is wishful thinking in his current state. So is the notion that Ronnie Wood is capable of selling out venues any bigger than a theatre.

Brue
All this insurance bullshit - Richards is so much farther down the pan than Wood could ever be. Wood's been sober for entire years, for cryin out loud. Whether you stay that way is another matter, but it definitely lowers the mileage on your body.

They undergo medicals before every tour so that they can get the insurance. Fact. How far 'down the pan' Keith may be is conjecture, but he's not the one who's consistently having to dry out six months before every tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-19 20:11 by Gazza.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 19, 2010 20:20

The only tour he's going on is a tour of rehab clinics.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 19, 2010 20:20

Gazza
Brue

Not quite. If Woody's going to be deemed employable by the rest of the Stones (and their promoters/sponsors), he's going to need to be seen to be functional. Thats not going to happen this side of another rehab stint, and all this crap about a solo tour is wishful thinking in his current state. So is the notion that Ronnie Wood is capable of selling out venues any bigger than a theatre.

I don't get all this 'in his state'. Wtf do you know? Every time I see a picture, he looks happy. It's other people that aren't happy. His wife, the band, blah blah who cares about them if they ain't gonna play? The Stones are on the sideline like everyone else, doing nothing. But you know like they say - there's only one way to find out whether he can sell some tickets, and it ain't by doing what the Stones are doing thesedays. You should see some of the crap bands that fill the arena here in Baltimore which doesn't get the major major acts but once in a blue moon, it holds about 14,000. People I've never friggin heard of. My theory is that rock and roll is basically dead, and people are dying to see ANYONE who represents the pinnacle. It's not like you have to choose between a bunch of major bands anymore. Gotta look at the big picture man, not just how you feel about Ronnie.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:09

Stargroves
Ronnie Wood to tour without Stones
Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Ronnie Wood plans to embark on a solo tour this year.

The 62-year-old rocker wants to perform a series of concerts in 2010 without his Rolling Stones bandmates because he is "determined" to put his eventful personal life behind him and focus on his music career after the group decided against scheduling any live dates for the foreseeable future.

A source said: "Ronnie was banking on the Stones getting back together but while that's off the agenda for now he's still determined to start performing live again in the very near future."

The past few months have been very eventful for Ronnie, who split from his 21-year-old cocktail waitress girlfriend Katia Ivanova.

Their 15-month romance - which began when he walked out on wife of 23 years Jo Wood - ended after he was cautioned for common assault following a drunken public row between the pair.

Ronnie is now working hard to make his upcoming shows a success and is searching for musicians to join him on stage.

The source told the Daily Express newspaper: "He will have no trouble putting a band together. He knows his music has been overshadowed by his personal life and he wants to get back on track. Ronnie is a musician first and foremost and touring is in his blood."

To coincide with the string of dates, the guitarist - who was in The Faces before he joined the Rolling Stones in 1976 - will also release a new album.

The source added: "Ronnie has already recorded a new album that will come out later this year. Now he really wants to put on some show to help promote it."

Earlier this month, a spokesperson of the legendary rock group - also consisting of Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts - confirmed they had no plans to perform as a band this year following rumours they were planning to headline the world famous Glastonbury music festival in Somerset, South West England.

They said: "Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010."

(C) BANG Media International

Well, maybe with luck we'll see another Ronnie Wood and "fiends" show at Drury Lane and/or other places too. I'll be there !!

Date: January 20, 2010 00:23

Brue
Gazza
Brue

I don't get all this 'in his state'. Wtf do you know? Every time I see a picture, he looks happy. It's other people that aren't happy. His wife, the band, blah blah who cares about them if they ain't gonna play? The Stones are on the sideline like everyone else, doing nothing. But you know like they say - there's only one way to find out whether he can sell some tickets, and it ain't by doing what the Stones are doing thesedays. You should see some of the crap bands that fill the arena here in Baltimore which doesn't get the major major acts but once in a blue moon, it holds about 14,000. People I've never friggin heard of. My theory is that rock and roll is basically dead, and people are dying to see ANYONE who represents the pinnacle. It's not like you have to choose between a bunch of major bands anymore. Gotta look at the big picture man, not just how you feel about Ronnie.

How I feel about Ronnie isnt the issue. I wish him all the best. I hope to God he gets his life and health sorted out and back playing with the Stones on a concert stage again as soon as possible (or with someone else if that comes first).

Ronnie by himself isnt a major concert draw to the degree where he can fill anything bigger than a theatre. He wasnt last time he played shows in 2001 and 2005, and I doubt he is now.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:00

Gazza
Brue
Gazza
Brue

<<< Ronnie by himself isnt a major concert draw to the degree where he can fill anything bigger than a theatre. He wasnt last time he played shows in 2001 and 2005, and I doubt he is now. >>>

Suits me, I love the idea of seeing Ronnie in some small venue here in London. Have caught him twice to date, Shepherds Bush Empire (can't remember which year) and Drury Lane in March 2005. Enjoyed both shows.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 20, 2010 01:54

Gazza
Brue
Gazza
Brue

Ronnie by himself isnt a major concert draw to the degree where he can fill anything bigger than a theatre. He wasnt last time he played shows in 2001 and 2005, and I doubt he is now.
Well, it's kinda hard to know how many people they'll draw if you don't know who's gonna be in the band. Could be totally electric for all we know. Point is, maybe it's time for the slaggers to stfu because because every time you hear he's not fit to play from someone who's never been around him, makes you wonder when they'll get the message that hey - maybe he didn't want to be with his wife anymore, and maybe he don't need someone to 'hope to God he gets better', and right now, maybe there are other problems within the Stones (like Keith's crippled hands, etc.) that are the problem. I'm not so uptight and pedantic that I wouldn't go see him if he didn't go to rehab first. Because I don't give a shit, I just wanna see him play, because if Ronnie doesn't care, then I don't care. I mean, why DO you care so much? Nothing happenin on your end?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:57

Good luck and god bless, Ronnie! You'll need more than good luck to find a promotor who'll back you, and an insurance company who'll insure you....you'll need a miracle.

Date: January 20, 2010 01:57

Takin' this a bit personal, arent ya?

Why do I care? I'm a Stones fan. I'd like to see my favourite band play again. Ideally with the current four members in good health and capable of performing well. Pretty simple, I'd have thought.

PS - when I said 'Ronnie by himself' I meant as a solo act, with a band. Not literally a one-man show. I was at his shows in 2001 and 2005 and I'd go see him again if he toured.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-20 02:00 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home