Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones have checked out from the Hamburg hotel
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 17, 2007 18:12

this afternoon about a quarter past three, when I kind of incidentally passed by the hotel and received the inspiration to have a quick look. Some three dozen persons were hanging round the hotel entrance waiting for the Stones.

Then, only Charlie - dressed in a black suit - bothered to leave by the main entrance and quickly got into the waiting car. However my lady neighbour and fellow observer was lucky in waving her book and pen at his window because he reopened the door for her and signed her stuff. Immediately it was about a dozen of hands reaching into the car and holding the items they wanted to get autographed right in front of Charlie's nose, but obviously he didn't feel like signing any more. I was watching from about a meter's distance, standing by the driver's door and could clearly see the consternation or slight bother in his face. Only with difficulty he managed to close the door. Then the car started to move forward very slowly and I felt the urgent need to do something, so I showed Charlie my fist with the thumb stuck upward to give him some kind of a positive signal. He noted it and noddingly gave me a smile. So that were my three seconds of silent communication with CW.

The rest of the band - seemingly - left a couple of minutes later from the hotel garage in a minivan and a sedan all with pasted windows that would not allow any glance inside.

Farewell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-17 23:10 by bv.

Re: The Stones have checked out from the Hamburg Park Hyatt
Date: August 17, 2007 19:02

Nice report! Thank you.
On one hand it's great to still see fan enthusiasm after all these years post-Beatlemania era, on the other hand...the guy's a human being, let him have his space! lol
winking smiley

Date: August 17, 2007 19:15

Welcome, NumberOneStonesFan, yes, you are right, he's a human being with his full rights to air and space as all of us. And, the moment I saw that tiny elderly gentleman emerging from the hotel and trying to slip into the car, I instantly didn't feel at all like rushing towards him and forcing something to sign upon him. So I had a short moment of no-verbal communication with hin through the car window. IORR but I like it.

Date: August 17, 2007 19:28

Awesome, lucky you! I saw Keef and his posse/entourage at a bar in MGM Grand right after the March 2006 Vegas show but I left it at that...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 17, 2007 21:05

They arrived in Dublin this afternoon. Irelandcalling bumped into Ronnie by chance in the city centre and got a pic and an autograph,

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 17, 2007 21:22

of course, let Charlie and the other band members their space!!! strange, but sometimes I think that despite looking bothered when fans show up, it would also annoy them when NO fans would show up.

besides, what does it mean: let them their space? their contact with fans is just a couple of minutes a day when they enter or leave their hotels. is it too much to ask to devote a couple of minutes a day to their fans who in the end are the salt of the earth for their fame and fortune?

"could clearly see the consternation or slight bother in his face" - thats why I dont place myself in front of hotels or so because I dont wanna get treated like a nasty bug....!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-17 21:55 by alimente.

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: August 17, 2007 21:42

Posted by: alimente (IP Logged)
Date: August 17, 2007 21:22

besides, what does it mean: let them their space? their contact with fans is just a couple of minutes a day when they enter or leave their hotels. is it too much to ask to devote a couple of minutes a day to their fans who in the end are the salt of the earth for their fame and fortune?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

well said, alimente.
fans are standing in front of the hotel sometimes for the whole day, and pay the high prices for the shows.
it would be decent to take a couple of minutes for their fans

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 17, 2007 22:07

please no hotel names, they may also appear in the future there

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 17, 2007 22:13

take off the hotel name from your post and thread title NOW.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: August 17, 2007 22:17

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> take off the hotel name from your post and thread
> title NOW.

Take it easy! If I were dead.flowers and you "screamed" at me like that, I'd leave the Hamburg Park Hyatt in my thread title.

A simple "would you please remove the hotel name from your thread title" would go a lot farther, I would think.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 17, 2007 22:20

bluesinc. Wrote:
> they may also appear in the
> future there

I love your optimism!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-17 22:20 by Gazza.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 17, 2007 22:46

I don't feel they are obliged to any fan interaction during their time off.
And the problem is that the name of the hotel appears in local newspapers anyway. It was in a lot of newspapers in Hamburg and everybody knew where they were staying and everybody knew they were leaving on Friday as it was in the newspapers too.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 17, 2007 22:47

Well, in one of the newspapers there even was an address of the hotel if anyone had trouble finding it

Re: The Stones have checked out from the Hamburg hotel
Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: August 17, 2007 23:20

no panic. the hamburg show is over. it`s snow from yesterday.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 17, 2007 23:21

The hype of a tour goes along with were they are staying at.
So cool out!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 17, 2007 23:30

Adams Wrote:
> I don't feel they are obliged to any fan
> interaction during their time off.

why? does the principle of treating customers (in this case fans) nice & friendly not apply to rock and roll stars?

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 18, 2007 00:35

I didn't mean any offence towards dead flowers in my post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-19 18:41 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 18, 2007 00:59

These days they don't get mobbed no more. They are well guarded and have a lot of privaty now(for being world-stars).
Some photos and handshakes are all part of the tour-game. No problem I'd think.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: August 18, 2007 01:42

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
> I didn't mean any offence towards dead flowers in
> my post.
>
> it was their home and might be their home in
> future,
> and even if newspapers give a name of their hotel
> anyway,
> we shouldn't advertise ion the net where they
> are/were staying
> to keep some people away from their 'home', ya
> know what I mean.

I understand what you are trying to accomplish, but your insistence on having it changed NOW was, I thought, a bit over the top.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 18, 2007 13:52

doesn´t matter what you think of it, but it´s this site policy NOT to write down the NAME od Hotels...

Date: August 18, 2007 18:21

Of course I respect this forum's policy on not giving hotel names etc. However, by the time I sent that thread the Stones had already taken off from Hamburg Airport and I was not aware I might still, in some users' opinion, commit such a sacrilege, which, however, I deeply rue now and I promise mended ways. Be it as it may, apparently the Stones themselves - thanks God Almighty - survided this bad incident of indiscretion without any major damage or harm, which they will hopefully prove to all of us by giving a spectacular show at Slane Castle tonight.

NB: Without rementioning that the band's temporary home/ hotel has been advertised in numerous major German local and national mass media/ papers on a daily basis ever since Monday, I lack to understand the fuss about this little post of mine, while simultaneously the first post to the main "Hamburg reports and comments" thread still shows a nicely pictured newspaper article availing exactly the disputed information, being preceded and followed by posts from bv himself. So let's not get overexcited. And hope you're having a good time and you're alright. ROCK N ROOOLL!

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: August 19, 2007 01:42

There is always the "Moral Majority" *lol*

Date: August 19, 2007 03:57

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
> take off the hotel name from your post and thread
> title NOW.

Why are you so overconcerned about that matter??

At the time you wrote this message the Stones were already gone - and anyway, as already posted, the local papers announced it anyway where they stay a few weeks ago - but don´t worry - the Stones are protected quite well and people will be there anyway and behave....and if there is a fool around, you cannot avoid it anyway......

And I know posting hotel names is not allowed here!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home