Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT -The Ramones
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: August 1, 2007 00:28

After the recent Clash post, it reminded me of another genius band.
The years are going by so fast, Joey Ramone is dead since 6 years. That makes me feel sad and old, they were so great, amazing memories, I miss the Ramones, any other fans on here?

Re: OT -The Ramones
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 1, 2007 00:34

Saw them in 1980 I think maybe even longer ago....I loved them....they are gone and left us...a great band...but i dont play their records no more..i can dream them..they were fun!!

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: August 1, 2007 00:45

Such a sad run of luck in the end for a band who fought the good fight for so long. They left a whole bunch of great songs, and truly did change the face of rock and roll. They also wrecked a whole bunch of eardrums along the way. RIP Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee (my personal favorite of da bruddas).

Posted by: David700 ()
Date: August 1, 2007 01:15

amazing band. joey's solo album is very good, just like the majority of ramones albums.

Date: August 1, 2007 01:18

Love their vers of ''Out of Time''And SFM.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 1, 2007 01:22

Saw what I think was their first UK gig when they supported the Pink Fairies at the Roundhouse in 1976. Loved them instantly and bought their first album. Bought the first three in fact but became a lapsed fan after that. The live album rekindled my interest. Definitely did some absolute classics.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 1, 2007 01:42

my favorite band ever, definitely deserved to be bigger than they were

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: August 1, 2007 11:00

I played with Marky Ramone last thursday.
I was opening with my Ramones tribute band, I Ramoni, where we play Ramones songs and I sing them with lyrics in Genoese dialect.
Go check us out here: [www.myspace.com]

Always loved them, Johnny was my favourite one.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: August 1, 2007 11:07

On Sunday I played 'ITS ALIVE' must be something like 27 tracks in less than an hour. Its Fantastic!! As are Rocket to Russia/ Leave Home etc. I lost interest a bit after 'end of the century' came out..but they certainly made a fantastic sound in 76-80.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: August 1, 2007 11:37

I live in Hollywood and when I moved here in '99 Dee Dee lived in my apartment complex. He was always nice and would frequently stop to chat whenever I was out having a smoke and he would be coming or going. Real nice guy. Hated to see him go out like he did. Great band.

Posted by: Jon Lasa ()
Date: August 1, 2007 12:15

Hi all.

I saw them in their last touring ages, in 1991.

I love The Ramones forever!

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: August 1, 2007 16:00

they were one of the best - i saw them so many times, in small clubs, also a free concert once - i'm so glad i still have my hearing in tact, it's really kind of a miracle winking smiley ! actually i did bring ear-plugs a few times, which really didn't detract from the music because they were SOOO loud :-)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-01 17:50 by loochie.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 1, 2007 17:20

Count me in as a huge fan.
Saw them three (only!) times live!

Very powerful. Very rock and roll. Totally underappreciated. Sadly missed.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: August 1, 2007 17:44

I've seen them in 1993, they were really great. One of the greatest punk-rock concerts, which I've ever seen.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 1, 2007 18:02

Saw them at my college in Fall '84. Always will remember Joey holding a baseball bat menacigly while singing Beat On The Brat.

I listen to one of the compilations frequently but have always loved Rocket To Russia which was my first vinyl acquisition way back in the day.

Want to add a sparkle to your day? Give a listen to Bonzo Goes To Bitburg. It never fails.

I'm tired, I'm tired of doing what I'm told.
Things are moving way too slow.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 1, 2007 19:03

the ramones and the stones were my two favorite bands while i was in high school. i saw them about 6-7 times between '81-'87, always front row in front of dee dee. he must've handed me about 8 bass pics. i put them all on a chain like an idiot.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 1, 2007 19:14

I loved The Ramones. Their albums up to and including Too Tough To Die are superb. Saw them eight times.

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: August 1, 2007 19:16

Favourite Bands:

1st place - the STONES
2nd place - the CLASH
3rd place - the RAMONES

How fantastic would it have been to have seen these 3 on the same bill. I wouldn't question paying £150 for a ticket to see this line-up!

Ramones 1930 - 2015
Clash 2030 - 2130
Stones 2200 - Midnight

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: August 1, 2007 20:04

I walked out of a Ramones show in 1993 out of boredom. Social Distortion blew them off the stage. Joey and Johnny's hate for each other was palpable. Too bad they kept going long after the desire was gone.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 1, 2007 20:06

Saw them in a student union in Glasgow on perhaps their first UK tour. 1976? Got in free as I was doing road crew for anther band and swopped free passes. Was in front of stage when it meant just that - squeezed up against a waist high stage (johnny's side). Great fun and a great gig. Memories like that give me great cred with younger band members!

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: August 1, 2007 20:27

I wrote my post and come back a couple of days later and am amazed at so many great replies, IORR has true connosseurs of rock n roll as members. Major respect too all of you. It even brings a tear to the eye, rock n roll will never die smiling smiley

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 1, 2007 21:33

Gotta love the Ramones. I Wanna Be Sedated is practically my personal theme song.

"It wasn't my fault ... liquors drunkened me!" Homer Simpson

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 1, 2007 21:42

jomo297 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in Hollywood and when I moved here in '99
> Dee Dee lived in my apartment complex. He was
> always nice and would frequently stop to chat
> whenever I was out having a smoke and he would be
> coming or going. Real nice guy. Hated to see him
> go out like he did. Great band.

I saw Dee Dee 22 times between 1999 and 2002. Some of the best rock memories I will ever have. I think he is the greatest songwriter of all time.

Date: August 1, 2007 21:48

''She Talks to Rainbows'' A great ballad by a band that almost never did Ballads!! End of The Century...one of the best R&R albums.

Date: August 1, 2007 21:52

I saw Marky not so long ago a real nice guy....signed my Ramones Shirt....Me and my mates(they are true Ramones fans!!) went to the dressing room after the gig drinking lots of beer!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home