Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Greenwich or Docklands
Posted by: Nellcote ()
Date: July 26, 2007 14:27

Hi,

Which hotel is closer (lesser travel time) to the O2: is that a hotel in Greenwich (near the train station) or in Docklands (near Canary Wharf).

Hope to hear from you

Re: Greenwich or Docklands
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 26, 2007 14:29

theres not a distance, between the two worth worrying about.

either location will suffice

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: July 26, 2007 15:36

Avoid the freaky walking tunnel under the Thames that connects the two, though. Most claustrophobic thing ever!

Posted by: Mick Jagger ()
Date: July 26, 2007 15:50

JuanTCB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Avoid the freaky walking tunnel under the Thames
> that connects the two, though. Most
> claustrophobic thing ever!

Hmm, I just googled some pictures of that tunnel. You´re right, it really looks strange and claustrophobic.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: July 26, 2007 16:15

The constant dripping of water echoing throughout it (is it condensation or a leak?) drove me around the bend by the halfway point.

Greenwich is fun, though - definitely more fun than Docklands. Too bad about the Cutty Sark burning down!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2007 17:27

There is a great park in Greenwich, and you can see the dateline, plus a 24 hours analog clock which makes your brain really spin. I would recomment Greenwich, but if you like the pulse and the buzz and the noise of London stay central.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 26, 2007 18:19

bv is of course right. If you like the buzz of a city, then you need to stay in Central London. Greenwich is more chilled out relaxed. I guess it depends on what you prefer. Greenwich is nice in the summer and the park there is one of nicest around. It's a couples place too and with the university there, it's quite young.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home