Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2010-no tour. The Future of Stones?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 15, 2010 00:02

Shit, The Beatles would be charging even MORE than the Stones because of Lennon's ego!

Date: January 15, 2010 01:02

Thanks God we have had „our“ Stones for such a long time. Who gave a Penny on it in the mid 80s that they stayed together for more than 20 years? Let us be grateful for everything that might be come the next months or years. Everything onwards from now, album and/or tour, is an “encore” for everybody of us, unimaginable some years ago. In the past the Stones delighted our lives much longer than everybody expected. When it comes to the Beatles in my opinion they were brilliant in the studio for some years. But what makes a band really big? There is only one answer: Living, fighting, suffering the way the Rolling Stones did. After the Stones no other band will stay together so long with such massive success. We can proudly say we were a part of it, whatever the future will got.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 16, 2010 23:45

Is there a life after the ROLLING STONES ?

I'm only jokin' and I like it !

winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: January 17, 2010 04:27

mailexile67
They must record an awesome new album!

And about time...the first since 1972 :-)

Date: January 17, 2010 04:29

mtaylor
We have to remember that Macca, Harrisson and Ringo have published several CDs since Beatles split up. So, somehow "Beatles" has / have been quite active.
Most bands from the early 60'ies have stopped / but some still on the road. Stones one of them, and I am happy.

You forgot Beatle numero uno :-)

Date: January 17, 2010 04:31

skipstone
Shit, The Beatles would be charging even MORE than the Stones because of Lennon's ego!

Well Lennon had a good reason to have an ego ;-)

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 17, 2010 05:52

bv
If you had all the money you needed to buy beer, fish and ships and shepherds pie, would you then spend the next two years on an airplane and in hotelrooms or back home with your family?

If I had spent the LAST two and a half years at home with my family, I think I might want to get out of the house for a while.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 17, 2010 15:29

The Exile release will be in may. I do not think that there will be a new album this year. It would be like releasing recordings from the european tour in 1973, and releasing a concert from Europe 2007 two months later.

Date: January 17, 2010 18:33

bv
And when was the last new Beatles album released? Something like 1969? I think we are all spoiled and very lucky to be fans of a band that keep touring and keep making new recordings. I can wait another year for the album and tour because I am still absorbing everything that happened on the previous tour.

The sound of wishful thinking!! Only a few weeks ago you were telling us that they would be on stage playing new material we had never heard before.

The Beatles made their last album in 69.For them that was the right time to quit. For the Stones the rightb time is now.

Date: January 17, 2010 19:24

Well it's been quite obvious for a while now that they had no intention of recording a new record this year or last year and that the reissue of Exile will be DOA since it keeps getting pushed back. Aside from some people here, it will basically not be bought immediately since people already have it from the excellent Virgin remasters yet alone whatever else. And whatever extra tracks might not be enough to entice people to buy it since it's not going to be worth the price to obtain 3 previously unreleased tracks. And some people just can't take UME seriously with their remastering.

Remember the hype for Zep's live album? Unbelievable. For a piece of shit like that, it got huge hype.

I know I won't be running out to buy it. If the Stones waited this long to reissue something with a little cheese and crackers included, why bother? It's not a box set. The print won't change. I'll get it when I get around to it. As far as the future of the Stones, there is nothing in '010 for the Stones other than one more year to age to the point of mootness as a live act, which they pretty much previewed on the LAST tour.

A great future for the Stones would be at least a box set of unreleased material, whether it's hopefully finished studio recordings, remixes and or live tracks that were prepared for live albums and single B-sides. That's the only future that counts now as far as a legacy. A tour would be just for the money.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 17, 2010 20:18

windmelody
The Exile release will be in may. I do not think that there will be a new album this year. It would be like releasing recordings from the european tour in 1973, and releasing a concert from Europe 2007 two months later.

Releasing classic archive material and putting out quality new material soon after doesnt seem to be a problem with Dylan and Neil Young.

Date: January 18, 2010 00:27

Hmmmm. Maybe that's because Dylan and Neil Young aren't SKEERED? Or their egos are in check?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 18, 2010 00:44

I think they both have huge egoes. However, they dont seem as intimidated by their own body of work.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: January 18, 2010 11:24

skipstone
Hmmmm. Maybe that's because Dylan and Neil Young aren't SKEERED? Or their egos are in check?

The price tag for Archives, Volume 1 would indicate that Neil Young's ego is most definitely NOT in check.

Anyhoo, my fear is that at this point the Stones' future is none. It was a lovely ride, but, unless Keef makes a miraculous return to form, it's over.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home