Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2010-no tour. The Future of Stones?
Posted by: vlaci66 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 21:21

1994-TOUR, Album: VOODOO LOUNGE
1995-TOUR
1996--------
1997-TOUR Album: BRIDGES TO BABYLON
1998-TOUR
1999-TOUR
2000--------
2001-------
2002-TOUR
2003-TOUR
2004------
2005-TOUR Album:BIGGER BANG
2006-TOUR
2007-TOUR

14 Years:10 years whit many many shows, but only 3 Album!
I think, in The Future: maybe more Albums whitout Tour, our with "mini" Tour,
not big World Tour. / max. 15 shows in Europe, 25-30 in USA/.

Re: 2010-no tour. The Future of Stones?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 13, 2010 21:30

And when was the last new Beatles album released? Something like 1969? I think we are all spoiled and very lucky to be fans of a band that keep touring and keep making new recordings. I can wait another year for the album and tour because I am still absorbing everything that happened on the previous tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: January 13, 2010 21:40

vlaci66, i'm sorry to inform you, but there isn't going to be a long future for the Stones. they have to end at some point, and they are getting closer and closer to it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 13, 2010 23:08

bv
And when was the last new Beatles album released? Something like 1969? I think we are all spoiled and very lucky to be fans of a band that keep touring and keep making new recordings. I can wait another year for the album and tour because I am still absorbing everything that happened on the previous tour.

some of us have faster absorption rates - perhaps it's the warmer climate

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 13, 2010 23:15

bv

Technically 1970 was the last Beatle releas while the group was together.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: January 13, 2010 23:26

Actually more like this:

1992 - All the Stones still counting Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Money...Mick Records and Releases Wandering Spirit...doesn't tour because of obligations to hide and stowaway Steel Wheels Money...Keith records Main Offender and lets Mick count the money and Keith plans his own 1993 tour...has to stop short to record the next Stones record.

1993 - After finally realizing how much money they made the last time out and with Bill out of the way and the purse much higher...they decide to get make a new record and plan Voodoo Lounge Tour.

1994 - release Voodoo Lounge and Tour

1995 - continue tour - find time to record the awesome Stipped and release it somehow.

1996 - time to count the money again.

1997 - after getting the final numbers from Prince Rupert Lowenstein...they can't believe how much money they made again...Mick decides to give his solo tracks to the Stones and the X-pensive Winos decide to scrap their album and give the tracks to the Stones which collectively becomes Bridges To Babylon...and they hit the road again...

1998 - Still Touring...

1999 - find time to release and keep the tour going in the U.S. and some odd U.K. dates under the tour name No Security.

2000 - 2001 - takes two years to count the money on the three year trek...can't believe how much they made...to clear his mind in 2001, Mick records Goddess In The Doorway for tax right off purposes.

2002 - The Stones decide to set differences aside with Allen Klein to avoid recording costs and marketing costs and repackage their catalog and market under a tour title which turns out to be genius...doesn't cost a cent and the rehashed package becomes their best selling greatest hits after Hot Rocks...40 Licks released...tour kicks off.

2003 - Still Touring

2004 - time to count the money once again...to their surprise...they made the most ever...Mick realizes they haven't recorded a new album in close to 8 years and decides to forgo another solo album...realizing the next album is only an excuse for a tour...decides to record it in his living room in France and save expenses...release Live Licks in November...don't even bother to care about the artwork as the CD booklet has two solid black panels.

2005 - 2007 they release A Bigger Bang and hit the road again...tour lasts three years...break all records...except record sales records.

2006 - find time to coordinate logistics with Martin Scorcese to film Shine A Light at The Beacon Theater in NYC.

2007 - finish their biggest tour ever...and start to count the money all over again.

2008 - 2009 - made so much money after the final count of the ABB tour...determine even U-2 won't beat their profits with the space ship and decide to chill...fulfill obligations to promote "Shine A Light" while the accountants fill out more deposit slips.

2010...Charlie Watts who was longed to be rumoured the one to want to stop playing...can't sit still...misses the road...and gets lost in northern and eastern Europe playing Jazz dates...after realizing he made more money in one night with The Rolling Stones then he made on his whole tour...picks up the phone and calls Mick and Keith and says "Let' Go!"

PECMAN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-14 19:14 by Pecman.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 13, 2010 23:29

If you had all the money you needed to buy beer, fish and ships and shepherds pie, would you then spend the next two years on an airplane and in hotelrooms or back home with your family?

Bjornulf

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 23:30

bv

Amen, BV. I can wait more one year, too. We had remastered cds, a Get Yer box set and will have a reissue of the Exile on Main St. soon. We have occupation. We can wait more one year!

Date: January 13, 2010 23:34

bv
If you had all the money you needed to buy beer, fish and ships and shepherds pie, would you then spend the next two years on an airplane and in hotelrooms or back home with your family?

i would travel around the world playing free shows for all the fans i've bankrupted over the years. but, that's just me. i'm a man of the people.

Posted by: jean pierre M ()
Date: January 14, 2010 00:15

..The most important is to find them in good health in 2011/12..for the rest
as says BV we are lucky with all they gave us since so long.....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 14, 2010 00:45

Live Licks didn't come out in 2007! Where's the attention to detail with such a time line like that! Come on!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 14, 2010 01:07

They must record an awesome new album!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 14, 2010 06:30

We have to remember that Macca, Harrisson and Ringo have published several CDs since Beatles split up. So, somehow "Beatles" has / have been quite active.
Most bands from the early 60'ies have stopped / but some still on the road. Stones one of them, and I am happy.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: January 14, 2010 07:26

bv

So I guess if they had decided to go on tour this year, you wouldn't be in attendance since you still need time to absorb the the last tour that was completed three years ago.

bv

Then why have they bothered touring at all in the past thirty years?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-14 07:27 by deuce.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 14, 2010 17:10

I think they do not want to count money anymore--------------
Time to retire..........
Release all your demos and outtakes............ that version of too tough with MJ singing the verse and KR the chorus......

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 14, 2010 17:35

bv

Mick and Keith are addicted to the adoration of the crowd. Mick to "the art of the deal" as well. That said, I see the next 'tour' as being more like extended residencies in major cities with the audiences coming to them. Unfortunately, at this point, every day they don't do it makes it that much more unlikely that they ever will.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 14, 2010 17:51

71Tele
bv

Technically 1970 was the last Beatle releas while the group was together.

And officially, they've released 4 "new" double albums: Live at the BBC and the 3 Anthologies...the last of which was released in 1996 I believe.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 14, 2010 17:57

bv

Je plussoie ! (sorry ,couldn't find the right translation but it means + 1 )

If they are still going on stage ,it can't be for more money.
That doesn't mean of course that money wasn't a kind of engine for them .
The only thing they know how to do is going on stage and playing music.They like it ,it's their job for the last 50 years .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:25

live licks was released 11/2004

Date: January 14, 2010 18:27

T&A
bv

i would travel around the world playing free shows for all the fans i've bankrupted over the years. but, that's just me. i'm a man of the people.
are you running for re election this year ? you got my vote .we are gonna legalise weed right ?

Date: January 14, 2010 18:31

The Greek
T&A
bv

are you running for re election this year ? you got my vote .we are gonna legalise weed right ?

legalize weed? it's not legal here now? dammit - i better stamp out this joint now...

Date: January 14, 2010 18:32

The Greek
T&A
bv

T&A, i will tell you a funny story about my old boss that retired at the end of 2004 .we were talking about weed being legal (for medicinal purposes of course) and i told the boss that i would use it in the office blow it in his face use it in the company car .without missing a beat the boss turns and says to me that he would have me arrested .to which i reply i have a note from my doctor that says i can light up man .

Date: January 14, 2010 18:34

The Greek
The Greek
T&A
bv

T&A, i will tell you a funny story about my old boss that retired at the end of 2004 .we were talking about weed being legal (for medicinal purposes of course) and i told the boss that i would use it in the office blow it in his face use it in the company car .without missing a beat the boss turns and says to me that he would have me arrested .to which i reply i have a note from my doctor that says i can light up man .

that's superb! i also have a note - from my supplier - that says i not only CAN light up, but that i should whenever possible...

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 14, 2010 19:31

vlaci66
1994-TOUR, Album: VOODOO LOUNGE
1995-TOUR
1996--------
1997-TOUR Album: BRIDGES TO BABYLON
1998-TOUR
1999-TOUR
2000--------
2001-------
2002-TOUR
2003-TOUR
2004------
2005-TOUR Album:BIGGER BANG
2006-TOUR
2007-TOUR

14 Years:10 years whit many many shows, but only 3 Album!
I think, in The Future: maybe more Albums whitout Tour, our with "mini" Tour,
not big World Tour. / max. 15 shows in Europe, 25-30 in USA/.

I think it's an impressive activity and energy of a band that doesn't has anything more to prove.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-14 19:32 by Thommie.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 14, 2010 19:35

If the Stones aren't doing it for the money why do they charge such stupid amounts for tickets? It's the only reason they tour. They don't do it for the "music" because if they did tour for the music they would indeed play much better. It's simply show up, spectacle, leave. One gigantic ego trip for Mick certainly.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 14, 2010 19:40

skipstone
If the Stones aren't doing it for the money why do they charge such stupid amounts for tickets? It's the only reason they tour. They don't do it for the "music" because if they did tour for the music they would indeed play much better. It's simply show up, spectacle, leave. One gigantic ego trip for Mick certainly.
You are right..but they do it for the music as well..nothing like being on stage...Its now a bit silly..but I dont blame them..hard thing to to stop your ego.Especially if you are SIR MICHAEL P.JAGGER now...not a working class hero anymore.smoking smiley

Posted by: UnderKeefsThumb ()
Date: January 14, 2010 20:34

Honestly, if The Beatles were all still alive and healthy and touring do you think their ticket prices would be cheap? Sure Stones tickets are a bit inflated but you're paying to see the legend as well. I'd sell my soul for a ticket in peanut heaven just to be part of the atmosphere of the concert. 40,000 other Stones fans all jamming together? I'd have a blast even if I could only see the band on a jumbo screen. I'm just happy to have them all in good health and still willing to tour or make an album. It's not about the money or they would've quit years ago. Maybe its part of it, but it's about the music.

Date: January 14, 2010 20:50

UnderKeefsThumb
It's not about the money or they would've quit years ago. Maybe its part of it, but it's about the music.

get real

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 14, 2010 21:04

bv

I would hope love of music would be a factor somewhere/sometime. Maybe I'm just hopelessly in the past.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: January 14, 2010 21:16

World Tour 2011/12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-14 21:16 by elmod.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home