Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
my favourite stones item
Posted by: David700 ()
Date: July 12, 2007 22:10

just thought i would start a new post.
25 years ago i found a mint original copy of charlies' "Ode to a high flying bird" childrens' book and years later i got charlie to write his good old
"Love Charlie Boy" autograph on it!!! and i have a photo of us together and i am holding the book. damn what a great day that was
he was surprised that i had this first edition copy.
i love my stones stuff!!

Re: my favourite stones item
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: July 12, 2007 22:15

I bot the original some girls posters from the Dick Clark auction last year...individual posters...very cool....hanging over the Stones pinball machine at my house

Posted by: john r ()

It was my Licks 2002-03 'Cherry o-baby' lollipop, but it finally looked so half melted and pathetic I through it out...Aside from first pressings of lps/45s, I'd mention "A Degree Of Murder", "Invocation Of My Demon Brother" "CS Blues" etc..."Out Of Our Heads" or whatever their '65 supposed autobio was called (which I have kept safely wrapped in plastic). Lots of ticket stubs or whole tickets going back to '75. And tons of 'zine articles back to '69...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()

So let's see the pic!

Date: July 12, 2007 22:40

never put a picture on the sight..easy to do?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 12, 2007 22:42

I don't have anything super rare/valuable but I have a tongue shaped 45 of She Was Hot/Think I'm Going Mad. One side is the classic tongue and the other side is a picture of a girl holding a candle.

I also have a couple puzzles. The Shmuzzle puzzle is my favorite. It came out around 82'/83' and is a great shot of the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-12 22:43 by FrankM.

Date: July 12, 2007 22:47

Frank, do you know how to paste pix on this sight?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 12, 2007 22:48

Noone has the Stones toilet ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-12 22:59 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 13, 2007 00:50

rlngstns Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frank, do you know how to paste pix on this sight?

I recently posted a picture but I had to upload it to Photoshop first. Once you have something on Photoshop it is pretty easy. Just use the instructions that BV gives in the forum help and policies section. Basically you are just copying the address from Photoshop or maybe other online sites and then you also have to type some commands before and after the picture address so this website knows it's a picture. The instructions in the forum help section are pretty easy.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 13, 2007 00:54

rlngstns Wrote:
> I bot the original some girls posters from the
> Dick Clark auction last year...individual
> posters...very cool....hanging over the Stones
> pinball machine at my house

I would like to see that, i collect Some Girls, in all shapes and forms winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 13, 2007 01:16

here is mine...ALL of them...its ALIVE~!

JR

Date: July 13, 2007 01:18

John, I know where my next vacation is going to be, I´ll bring my sleepingbag smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: July 13, 2007 01:23

Come on down, to Sweet Virginia...no need for sleeping bags, I have guest rooms, besides, I let out the rattlesnakes in the record room at night....protection, you understand....

JR

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 13, 2007 02:11

stone-relics Wrote:
> Come on down, to Sweet Virginia...no need for
> sleeping bags, I have guest rooms, besides, I let
> out the rattlesnakes in the record room at
> night....protection, you understand....
>
> JR

John, is the Hot Rocks in the shelf THE Hot Rocks?

Date: July 13, 2007 02:45

Its one OF THE Hot Rocks....I have several copies now,...I still usually find two or three a year at the local thrift shops. Still, when I think about finding that first one, it give me BOOSE GUMPS....

Yee ha, for the dang Rollin' Stones!

JR

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 13, 2007 05:26

My Cardiff Castle Giclee from celebrity Gallerie. #2 of 5 artists proof,,,,,,,,,,,,,And the first thing I would grab in a fire.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 13, 2007 06:21

I have a small blue suitcase which has a black/white art nouveau style mini-poster for The Rolling Stones' European Tour in May 1970 gently stuck to one side.

Rare in that the Stones didn't do this tour in May. They changed the dates and began their warm-up dates towards the end of August 1970.

Would consider selling it to the right person as it has been tenderly tucked in a closet for years.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 13, 2007 06:33

Date: July 13, 2007 09:58

stonesrule Wrote:
> I have a small blue suitcase which has a
> black/white art nouveau style mini-poster for The
> Rolling Stones' European Tour in May 1970 gently
> stuck to one side.
>
> Rare in that the Stones didn't do this tour in
> May. They changed the dates and began their
> warm-up dates towards the end of August 1970.
>
> Would consider selling it to the right person as
> it has been tenderly tucked in a closet for years.

Seems JR got it too, look at the picture

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Rock'n'roller ()
Date: July 13, 2007 13:44

I have a nice black and white postcard of the Stones from 1963/64. It comprises 5 separate pictures of each Stone. Interestingly, Mick's is the biggest picture.

I also have the programme from the 1982 tour that I attended (as many other do too no doubt). Sadly, I have all my ticket stubs too (and for every other concert I have attended in the last 30 years).

My '82 tour t shirt became a duster many years ago (no disrespect but I don't think it would go past my neck now). Not sure where it is currently - must look under the stairs.

Best of all, however, I have a demo of Little T & A on yellow vinyl. Also includes Keith doing Whole Lot of Shakin' and a couple of reggae tracks. Plus I have the Miss You 12 inch single in pink vinyl and in picture sleeve - very nice but not that uncommon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-13 14:32 by Rock'n'roller.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: July 13, 2007 17:33

Lots of stuff, off hand one of Charlie's sticks after he played SFTD (with all the marks of a new but used stick). Two used picks from Keith, one is blue and has Darryl Jones name on one side and The Rolling Stones on the other side. The reason for this was Keith walked up to Darryl's mike stand and took one of his picks! Lots of photo's I have taken, and maybe my favorite photo although not the best is a live shot. I have enlarged 18" x 11" pic by me of the band playing MR signed by Ronnie. He signed right on Keith's amp as this is the lightest spot on the photo.
Among other stuff.

Posted by: David700 ()
Date: July 13, 2007 18:31

i found some girls boxer shorts and could not believe when i found some girls flip flops at Zellers!!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 13, 2007 18:39

Bingo,if that's what I assumed right when I scrolled down,I might go out and relapse tonight just for ol'times sake...No stamp on the bag, natch, unlike the crap I used to get..."P. Funk," "DOA," yeah right...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 13, 2007 18:44

This story, which was e-mailed to me last year.

WESTON, Conn. (AP) — Having accused him of being a party crasher, pet abuser, and shape-shifting witch, Keith Richards’ neighbors in wealthy Weston are relieved to see the Rolling Stones’ guitarist head out on a long tour.

It’s been nearly a year since Richards crashed Harris and Sally Whiteburger’s Memorial Day barbecue, turning a pleasant day with friends and family into a near inferno that destroyed a 200-year-old barn and sent 12 guests and several pets to the hospital. Standing outside their 18th century farmhouse in the rolling green landscape of well-heeled Weston, the Whiteburgers described how Richards showed up playing electric guitar and calling everyone "Ronnie." After urinating on the side of the barn, Richards started a fire when ashes from his cigarette "accidentally" dropped on a gasoline can.

"As soon as I heard his guitar, my stomach just dropped, but I had no idea how bad things were going to get," said Harris Whiteburger, an attorney who works in Manhattan. "I was going to sue him, but some of the other neighbors told me I’d regret it if I did."

Several people in the Weston community, most of whom did not want to be identified, confirmed that Richards, the 62-year-old multimillionaire and former junkie, treats every neighborhood get-together, from birthdays to baby showers, like a Stones’ concert. Those who complain about it, however, invariably end up facing serious misfortune.

"It was my son’s 8th birthday last November and, just as we’re having cake, we hear this banging on the front door and that voice of his, ‘come on mates, I seen the balloons on the mailbox, let me in’," recalls Thad Coddington, who said Richards gave his son a knife for a present and then proceeded to play a five song set. "These little kids are sitting around playing with an 8-inch hunting knife and listening to Keith play ‘Little T & A’ and ‘Happy’."

After Coddington, the Whiteburgers, and several other neighbors secretly complained to police and the Weston Board of Selectmen, strange things began happening, everything from lawnmowers being stolen to dogs turning up with slickened fur and their tails shortened.

"He showed up at my door one morning looking for a snowblower. I lied and told him I didn’t have one," said Ward Bigsby, who said that when he woke up the next morning his snowblower and riding mower were gone and a big red tongue was painted on his bathroom wall. "I didn’t hear anything and all the doors were locked. He’s some kind of goddamned goblin!"

For his part, Richards says he’s just trying to fit in reasonably well and bide time between tours.

"Look, when Patti (Hansen) and I moved here, these cats came around trying to get me to play golf and join the historical society. You know that’s not gonna happen, man," says Richards, dangling a cigarette in one hand and showing off his famous skull ring on the other. "This is where I’m at. The rest of it is skin deep, and I can’t change who I am. I’m gonna walk before they make me run

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 13, 2007 21:37

I have both large posters from Tattoo You. I think the Keith side is rarer.

Date: July 16, 2007 03:40

i'll post the some girls pix tomorrow....just running out now....thanks frank for the posting the pix instructions

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 16, 2007 07:56

In 1981, I was living in NYC. One day, at St. Mark's Bar and Grill, I was lucky enough to watch the Rolling Stones shooting a video for "Waiting On A Friend."

Later, after it was dark, the Stones were taking a break on their tour bus, parked next to the bar. The door of the bus opened, and a friend of mine (he was working on the shoot) stepped out. He walked over to me, and he handed me a "funny cigarette," which was still burning. He said it was from Keith. As I held it, I was torn. Should I save this or smoke this? I wondered. On one hand, I thought: Keith would want me to smoke it. On the other hand, if I saved it forever, it would make a great momento.

I won't tell you which I chose. A short time later though, my friend got off the bus once again, and he handed me a red guitar pick that he said Keith had been using.

I will say that I do still have the guitar pick.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 16, 2007 14:08

My old wooden school ruler with my name and form numbers (covering four years from Lower 4th to Upper 6th - 1964-1967) scratched on it, together with ROLLING STONES and MICK KEITH BRIAN BILL CHARLIE. (It does say JOHN PAUL GEORGE RINGO too, but nobody's perfect.)

Posted by: peter ()
Date: July 18, 2007 09:53

my pinball machine is quite the piece....near mint & works perfectly...first time I've read on this board anyone else owns one...as rlingstns knows, it is a real conversation piece....peter

Date: July 18, 2007 15:17

hey peter....had the pinball machine serviced lately and works like a charm...ive had many offers to buy but i'll never sell....there are not many around...i picked it up in L.A. back during the voodoo lounge tour and they trucked it all the way to NYC....when they arrived at my apt, i went out to the street to help and this GIANT of a woman walked out of the 18 wheeler wearing an everlast belt and said "stand back honey, ive got it"...as she proceeded to lift the machine off the truck down to strret level...lol....never forget....Yikes!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home