Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: AC/DC. New tour in 2008!?!
Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: July 14, 2007 21:49

Well.... It sounds like it could be true according to Brian Johnson.

[www.roadrunnerrecords.com]

Please let it be true. I wanna see these guys live again. smiling smiley

Re: OT: AC/DC. New tour in 2008!?!
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 14, 2007 22:10

WOW, great news!!!!!!!!!!

I saw them ones and they blew me away. I will sure go!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 14, 2007 23:01

I have seen AC/DC about 15 times (almost as much as Zeppelin). Concerts don't get much better than an AC/DC show.

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: July 14, 2007 23:03

I will go crazy , thats fking great!!!!!

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 15, 2007 01:06

I listened to Rockline on Wednesday where Brian and Cliff and a coulpe other guys from this new band were on. A caller asked a question about when there will be a new AC/DC album. Brian answered and said that Angus and Malcolm were busy wirting songs, so the time table is up to the Youngs as to when they'll be ready to record the new album. He didn't sound all that encouraging as far as that happening soon,in that he didn't mention any type of time frame.

As far as touring, Brian made it clear that they will not tour until the album is released,as much as he hates the idea of having to hold off until then. He said he'd love it for AC/DC to go on tour without having to have a new album, but it's out of his hands.

So much for them saying in early 2003, when they were inducted into the Hall of Fame, that they would have an album and tour in 2004.

Date: July 15, 2007 01:18

i really want this tour bad.. never seen them and they are one of my favorites..

the way that band is run its up to malcolm probably more than anyone.... and angus..

angus is happily living in holland.... he's only like in his early 50s by the way so they could definetly do a great tour..

my theory is that malcolm and/or angus have completely lost interest in rock and roll..which is soooooooo dissapointing..

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 15, 2007 03:35

this same old crap has been coming out since 2003

believe it when you see it. why its taken 7 years for the Youngs to come up with ten new songs is beyond me!

Date: July 15, 2007 04:58

I guess when you are worth $125,000,000 (each Young Bro) you can take your time.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 15, 2007 05:09

I love those guys, but how hard is it to write songs with 3 chords and playground quality lyrics?

Also it's hard to be inspired to write new material when everyone will say that it's not as good as "Back in Black".

Not an insult to the band, I really do like them.

Date: July 15, 2007 05:20

I think you make a good point trainarollin, their albums have not been great, (their tours are ALWAYS great) thats why when they do tour, they play a couple songs from a new record, then you will never hear them play it live again. the only songs under 20 years old they play live are thunderstruck and Hard as a rock (except a couple songs from the CD they are touring from) I think they wanted something a bit stronger than what they have been coming out with, also they spent quite some time, from what I have read, trying to get "Mutt" Lange to produce, but he seems to be into country these days. After almost 40 years of going to concerts, seeing a lot of really great acts, I will wait until they are ready because concerts don't get much better than an AC/DC Show.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 15, 2007 20:29

I have a friend who does tour work with AC/DC when they do go out. The Young brothers are very firm with only doing a major tour when they have something new released. They do not want to be considered an oldies type act that goes out every summer playing the same set each year. Angus and Malcolm actually care about the fans and do not want to take them for granted.

My favorite experience with AC/DC in a hotel in 2000 when a friend had an Gibson SG he wanted signed by the band. He left it in his car so we could check the hotel bar. We did not want to walk around with the guitar and stand out. Within 5 minutes we see Angus and Malcolm together walking through the lobby with a crew member. We stop them and chat for a couple minutes and my friend mentions his SG guitar and how he left it in the car, etc. Angus said "go get it" we will be in the bar. 5 minutes later we go back to the bar with the guitar, Angus spots us and waves us over - signs it and motions over Malcolm to sign it. Within a 10 minute period the other 3 members show up and Malcolm waves everyone over to sign. I brought a drumhead along and had that signed as well...here's a pic.

Date: July 15, 2007 20:38

Awesome story trainarollin. That is just the AC/DC I know.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 16, 2007 01:15

I had the good fortune to see their show at the Hammersmith Apollo, London, on 21 October 2003.

Brian Johnson was seriously ill (apparently admitted to hospital), a few days prior to the show and although it was a brilliant band (the musicians) performance, Brian was struggling throughout.

Regardless of his temporary illness, I don't think he has the stamina to pull off a two hour show anymore, so another five years later (since that show, taking us into 2008), doesn't bode well. I really hated saying that, but it is the fact of the matter. It just goes to illustrate how exceptional Mick Jagger is amongst his peers (those performers in their 50s and 60s).

SD

Date: July 16, 2007 05:10

Since the late 80's, after almost every song, John takes a hit of Oxygen, some shows he does it more than others. As soon as a song ends, he will run back between the amps and someone is there waiting with a mask which he puts on for 5 to 10 seconds.

Date: July 16, 2007 11:57

SonicDreamer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had the good fortune to see their show at the
> Hammersmith Apollo, London, on 21 October 2003.
>
> Brian Johnson was seriously ill (apparently
> admitted to hospital), a few days prior to the
> show and although it was a brilliant band (the
> musicians) performance, Brian was struggling
> throughout.
>
> Regardless of his temporary illness, I don't think
> he has the stamina to pull off a two hour show
> anymore, so another five years later (since that
> show, taking us into 2008), doesn't bode well. I
> really hated saying that, but it is the fact of
> the matter. It just goes to illustrate how
> exceptional Mick Jagger is amongst his peers
> (those performers in their 50s and 60s).
>
> SD

Maybe it´s because he was ill that time. Just look at him run on this clip from Toronto 2003. He still got it. smiling smiley

Check at 03:00.

Date: July 16, 2007 18:46

--I wrote-- John takes a hit of Oxygen,

That should be "Johnson"

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 16, 2007 19:17

Wow! I'd love to see them live.
The most stupid thing in my life by now was, that I missed them at Hockenheim 2003 together with the Stones...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home