Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Our friend the Daily Mail - Ronnie gets the day off, today it's Anita's turn !!!!
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: January 9, 2010 19:36

I admit I was shocked at this picture, but COMPLETELY tactless of them to write this article. Disgusting. I wish her well.

Re: Our friend the Daily Mail - Ronnie gets the day off, today it's Anita's turn !!!!
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 9, 2010 19:45

loog droog
Had Brian lived, he would have looked a lot like Anita in that top photo...

In some photos he DID look like that!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 9, 2010 19:45

Just watch the pictures !

Anita look of course her age and also looks cool, I'm pretty sure she don't care of this jerk who write BS in a BS paper!

This kind of journalism is not journalism, it's only BS and I don't like itwinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: January 9, 2010 23:44

I've been thinking for a while that the Daily Mail is obsessed with the stones.

I work for a company part owned by the Daily Mail so everyday I have the dubious pleasure of getting a free copy of the rag and there always seems to be a mention of the stones though mainly just bitchy stories like this one.

A way for them to avoid doing any real journalism I guess.....

Re: Anita out shopping
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 10, 2010 11:30

And they all take a s*hit once a day

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2010 11:44

Like goin' deep behind enemy lines.... Go in ... do what ya gotta do then get out ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 10, 2010 11:45

Most British tabloids play the game of "let's find the most awful picture we can of celebrity X and publish it" - aiming for exactly the reaction they got from some people on this thread. I think it's a British thing - "who the hell does celebrity X think he/she is? Let's cut him/her down to size!"

The very rich (especially in winter in the English countryside) sometimes do go around looking like tramps and bag ladies when they aren't dressed up and made up for appearing on show in public - you can see much worse examples than Anita, but there isn't a strategically placed Daily Mail photographer to catch them at their ugliest and publish the results.

Why the Mail are bothering to be so unpleasant to Anita right now is a bit of a mystery - slow news day? I'm no great fan of the lady, but this is unnecessary and spiteful.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 10, 2010 13:11

I love Anita's smile in those pics with James Fox (when they were taken?).

There is that vital, fresh spark that hides the age so well. Just like with Keith and especially Mick. She's surely is one of the most important persons outside the band members in the story during the days when the whole thing really mattered. She was the lady who clothed and tutored Keith Richards the most elegantly wasted human being in the world. I don't think it was a co-incidence that Brian Jones happened to be the coolest looking rock star while he was with Anita (1965-1967), and almost immediately lost his sense of style when he lost her. And suddenly in that very minute when Keith started to live with Anita he immediately changed from the big-eared Beatle-like teddy boy-look into a mystical gypsy-like rock god. I think Ms. Pallenberg had a quite a big contribution in shaping the rock aesthetics we know now so well. She is an ultimate rock and roll muse.

It is really honourable that Keith still is in terms with her, and seemingly, takes still a bit care of her, too. It is also honourable that Anita is not trying to milk her past. There is not memories or scandallous interviews around - and she really knows more than almost anyone (in contrast to, e.g. Marianne). Perhaps the reason for her 'silence' is their mutual respect with Keith. Those people have dignity. Unlike the disgusting low-moral tabloids like Daily Mail. It always bugs me what kind of whore attitude needs the people have in order to make a living from that kind of crap. Very small people.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-10 13:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 10, 2010 13:56

Well written, Doxa. The only thing that you might be exaggerating a bit is Anita's effect on Brian's and Keith's clothing, as I think they followed the times more than anything else. But yes, you can sense that Brian kind of lost control of his clothing (and himself, which probably affected his clothing) after he broke up with Anita. But I really like his crazy outfits of '68-69.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 10, 2010 14:09

Well said Doxa. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 10, 2010 14:10

This is a song that is said to be about Mick, but someone has done a good job by taking it be about someone else that - taken the time and place - could rather be the real target... It also gives quite nice hints why she had such huge impact into key persons of The Stones...

- Doxa

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: January 10, 2010 18:06

Doxa
I don't think it was a co-incidence that Brian Jones happened to be the coolest looking rock star while he was with Anita (1965-1967), and almost immediately lost his sense of style when he lost her.

Some of Brian's coolest looks was post-Anita from '67-'69, such as JJF promo video (with green painted face, black leather jacket, and shades), Monterey Pop digs with Chinese furs and scarf, that Western themed outfit during 68 NME performance, etc. Brian alaways had a fashion sense going all the way back to '63 and Anita probabaly gravitated first to Brian in '65 because he was the most fashionable of the Stones.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 10, 2010 19:11

Dope sucks,even if you quit for many years..

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 10, 2010 20:47

>>Perhaps the reason for her 'silence' is their mutual respect with Keith

Ever hear the saying , 'Don't s$%t where you eat'....?

Not that there is anything in the world wrong with Anita and Keith showing solidarity over disclosure of the details of their mutual past. Quite the opposite. As much as we may be obsessed with their history, it's THEIR histry, and if they choose to veil it from outsiders' eyes, that's their decision.

There's something very seedy about a former lover sharing dirty secrets for money, a la Marianne, Katia and James Hewitt, who is said to be the most hated man in Britain. Unless someone imprisoned you in a basement, chances are you were a willing victim of whatever bad things they may have done to you.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 10, 2010 20:56

Carnaby
stoneswashed77
it´s not only the aged look. she looks like she was living on the street.
no class no styly no self-respect.

well, yeah, but how do u look when you go to the supermarket?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 10, 2010 21:05

If these two were to have a baby today....

...here's the child

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-12 01:11 by Bingo.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 10, 2010 21:14

Marianne looks SO much better these days in comparison.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: January 10, 2010 22:07

I think Anita looks fine when she knows she is going to be photographed, eg, the pics with James Fox.

Marianne seems to always be camera-ready when she's out and about, so she can't be caught off-guard.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 11, 2010 03:01

Keith looks like an old @#$%&. Anita looks like an old @#$%&.

Guess what ?

They both ARE old @#$%&. What do people expect them to look like ?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 11, 2010 03:05

Mathijs
[
How would Richards, Jagger and Wood look if they weren't multi millionaires for the last 40 years, wearing expensive wigs, clothing and whatever? Like you and me I guess.

Mathijs

where are you getting this from about the wigs?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:17

ryanpow
Mathijs
[
How would Richards, Jagger and Wood look if they weren't multi millionaires for the last 40 years, wearing expensive wigs, clothing and whatever? Like you and me I guess.

Mathijs

where are you getting this from about the wigs?
It's just an obsession some people around here have about hair.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 11, 2010 04:49

neptune
Doxa
I don't think it was a co-incidence that Brian Jones happened to be the coolest looking rock star while he was with Anita (1965-1967), and almost immediately lost his sense of style when he lost her.

Some of Brian's coolest looks was post-Anita from '67-'69, such as JJF promo video (with green painted face, black leather jacket, and shades), Monterey Pop digs with Chinese furs and scarf, that Western themed outfit during 68 NME performance, etc. Brian alaways had a fashion sense going all the way back to '63 and Anita probabaly gravitated first to Brian in '65 because he was the most fashionable of the Stones.

Well, this is very much based on personal taste but I think Brian lost the looks in 1967 - I think he looks ridiculous and artificial in those hippies clothes at Monterey, like stressing the dressing code too far - like his head didn't matching with the clothes or something. Thereby I judge him losing the sense of style that was so explicit in 1965-1966. In contrast, Keith suddenly started in 1967 to be the defínition of the cool as far as the clothes, the hair and the looks over-all go. and I don't recall seeing any picture or film of Brian from 1967 to 1969 that could match at all to the looks Brian had in 1965 to 1966, not even comparing them to Keith from 1967 on. In most of them he looks quite pathetic, really, which is sad. The change was so rapid.

Yeah, Brian surely had an eye for a fashion from early on, but I think he really blossomed in 1965 after meeting Anita. His fashionable clothing seemed to be, with the multi-instrumentalism, another way of finding a new definitive role within the Stones after losing the hegemony to Mick and Keith. I think Brian was more a trendy setter than follower during that short era. It looks like that all of it ended in that trip to Morocco after the busts.

But, of course, this is very subjective.

- Doxa

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: January 11, 2010 07:57

CindyC
Not many people can pull of leopard skin pants.

Doesn't it depend on how much effort went into putting them on?

Date: January 11, 2010 08:58

I always thought Brian looked ridiculous. Who wears scarves tied to their knees and large hats with plumes?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 11, 2010 10:04

Doxa

But, of course, this is very subjective.

- Doxa

Certainly is, but you're not alone, even Charlie has commented on Brian losing the simplicity of his fashion sense circa 1967. I think he mentioned the 67 Palladium show in particular!?

Seems he was going OTT before the split with Anita, but I mostly agree that he went too far that year. He was quite far out with his clothes in 1967, as were a lot of people of course. For sure it's a matter of the times as well as personal taste, circumstances etc though.

Brian was pretty extreme...

For me, wearing something like that to court is a sign that you have massive balls and do not give a f**k, or that you are in the midst of a psychological journey outside the accepted realms of sanity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-11 10:06 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 11, 2010 10:21

Brian probably has a suit on under that fur coat ... More than likely didn't wear it into the court-room ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 11, 2010 10:38

Okay, so... like BB Anita got alot of sun exposure along with too much hard-living. (I think Marianne has had a face-lift.)
I suppose wearing a hat + sunglasses is a must if you're not gonna do your hair/make-up - and if the likes of Daily Mail are around. They've reported on James Jagger, Ekat, Jerry, et al just recently! That's excellent in my opinion... to quote Andy Warhol, "Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches."

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 11, 2010 12:12

Rockman
Like goin' deep behind enemy lines.... Go in ... do what ya gotta do then get out ...

...but watch out for the sniper...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2010 17:38

Bingo
If these two were to have a baby today....

...here's the child

Bingo, the baby photo does not show .i am sitting on the edge of my seat .can you please re do it ? thanks Bingo, the photo of chuckie popped up .very funny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-11 17:40 by The Greek.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: January 11, 2010 18:16

she looks just like Keith...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1255
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home