Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My Kids & The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: June 24, 2007 06:41

It's an overcast Sunday morning here in Perth, Australia, and we're just chilling out doing some stuff around the house and I've got the Saitama DVD on, and my 2 1/2 year old is watching "Rambler" and pointing to the screen going "Mick", "Keef", priceless!

It got me thinking, my 10 year old daughter has seen the boys twice (Sydney Superdome Licks, Telstra Stadium ABB (8th row FOS!)) and although she loves the Stones, I'm sure it will be in future years that she really appreciates how fortunate she's been to have experienced the boys in concert.

I so hope that I can one day I can take my son to his first Stones gig - so boys please don't bow out just yet!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-24 06:44 by Tom Petty.

Re: My Kids & The Rolling Stones
Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: June 24, 2007 09:36

Tom, I achieved one of my personal ambitions in taking my 2 sons to see the Stones last week in Barcelona. At first they were a bit sceptical, sat through the opening act quite bored but when the lads hit the stage with 'Start me Up' the look of utter amazement on their faces will stick with me forever. They never sat down throughout the 2 hours, clapping, singing and dancing.

When we arrived home, within an hour or so, Son 1 had 'No Security' on his music system and Son 2 was listening to 'A Bigger Bang' cos his favourite song on the night was 'Rough Justice' .

They now realise why I have been so obsessed with this bands for so many years.

Here's hoping you get to take your son to the next tour - fingers crossed.

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: June 24, 2007 10:37

that's a fantastic story stonesrick, and the fingers are definitely crossed!

Date: June 24, 2007 10:53

Tom Petty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I so hope that I can one day I can take my son to
> his first Stones gig - so boys please don't bow
> out just yet!

I took my 7 year old son to see them in Boston in Aug 2005 and in Vegas Nov 2006 and while he seemed to dig it at the time, like your kids, he "should" appreciate it more when he's older. My 18 month old daughter loves the Stones via youtube videos and "hopefully" she will see them someday in concert.

Date: June 24, 2007 14:08

i'm pretty much still a kid myself - and i take myself to see the stones! (my old curmedgon of a father has refused to see them post '81)

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-24 14:09 by the singer not the bong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home