Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Train Kept Rollin` - Yardbirds (Aerosmith)
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 20, 2007 15:16

I only knew this song through Aerosmith. I love it it really rocks. Today i was just browsing around you tube and "discovered" the original yardbirds version.... UNBALIEVABLE, for 1966 this is pure hardrock, fantastic!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: OT: Train Kept Rollin` - Yardbirds (Aerosmith)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 20, 2007 15:30

Although originally a Tiny Bradshaw number...
The Yardbirds were probably more influenced by
The Johnny Burnette Trio's version from 1956 with
Paul Burlison's truely blistering guitar ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 20, 2007 15:53

Thanks, Rockman! You learn something every day.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 20, 2007 17:42

Rockman, you are the Oracle or Rock and Roll! I was going to answer the question but you beat me to it and even knew the songs writer which I thought was Johnny Burnette. All you guitar fiends, check the Rock and Roll Trio out! Paul Burlison is an unsung hero of the guitar!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-21 00:16 by ChrisM.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 21, 2007 21:55

I believe the first vid is from the NME awards show. Second clip is from the movie Blow Up. Would have been great to see the band during that brief period when both Beck and Page were guitarists.
I think Christopher Guest was inspired by the clip of Beck smashing his guitar for the scene in Spinal Tap when his character of Nigel Tufnel smashes his guitar and walks off stage at the base in Seattle! He sure looks like Beck.
Also, I always thought singer Keith Relf looked like Brian since he had the same hair color and hair cut.
Aerosmith's version is awesome. I think on this song, it helps alot to have the twin guitarists.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 21, 2007 22:36

A bit of Led Zeppelin trivia -- the very first song they rehearsed together back in 1968 was "Train..". At that point, they called themselves "The New Yardbirds". Fittingly, this was also the opening number on their last tour, 1980's Tour Over Europe.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 22, 2007 06:13

That second clip is definitely from Blow Up. They called this song "Stroll On" even though it is the exact music of Train. I love this clip which I think is filmed at the Ricky Tick Club.

Great movie too, it features Jane Birkin (of Je t'aime moi non plus fame, widow of Serge Gainsbourg & mother of Charlotte Gainsbourg), David Hemmings who later went on to film Barbarella with Ms. Pallenberg, and a supercool looking Veruschka purring (I am in Parissssss).

Check it out if you haven't.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: June 22, 2007 10:10

CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That second clip is definitely from Blow Up.
> They called this song "Stroll On" even though it
> is the exact music of Train. I love this clip
> which I think is filmed at the Ricky Tick Club.
>
>

The director, Antonioni (or whatever his name was) wouldn't let them do Train Kept Rollin'!!

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home