Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DVD on sales floor
Posted by: poundin pete ()
Date: June 11, 2007 23:55

Just stopped by Best Buy, and they had the DVD out for sale. Now 3 songs deep into Austin show, it's great

Re: DVD on sales floor
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: June 12, 2007 00:52

I don't understand how some Best Buys are selling it already. I went to the one here and was told if they put it out before Tuesday they would be fined.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 12, 2007 00:55

Picked it up this afternoon in Watertown (MA). They had copies throughout the store, including a big table 15 feet from the entrance.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 12, 2007 04:42

not in jersey its not, they would not sell me one even today for legal reasons, but if you say you got one i guess i have to take your word

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: June 12, 2007 04:50

The one at the Plaza??

Date: June 12, 2007 04:56

yes and the one in totowa also said no

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: June 12, 2007 06:03

Don't know if you saw my post in the other thread, but I got there before you and got the big "O" and the bit about the 50 to 100 grand fine. I broke them in for you! For some reason, it makes me feel better that at least one other person asked, citing that other Best Buys in other cities had it for sale. I was going to drive up to the one at the Fashion Center, but I was too aggravated and too hot -- won't use the car AC to save gas.

The Stones have put me through all sorts of crap over the years, but I guess having to drive back up there tomorrow beats waiting up till one a.m. (having been up since 5:30 am) to see the Goat's Head Soup videos on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert!!! Actually, it was "promo films" at the time...oy...

Date: June 12, 2007 06:42

dont worry , we will have it in less than 24 hours, no problem

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 12, 2007 07:57

Why would there have to be an official street day for an item that only one retailer has the exclusive? Best Buy has not competition on the Stones DVD...they can do whatever they want.

Posted by: Far Away Guy ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:16

best film they've ever done, sound wise, dvd production wise(best menus ive ever seen), 4 songs from the phoenix, Salt of the earth documentary left me in tears.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:24

Probably only because TUESDAY"S are the traditional New Release days in the states for DVD's and CD's...

As far as BEST BUY goes, and I already mentioned this on my "review of the box set" thread, the chain is a mess, they have undertrained staff that probably don't get paid very well. I've always noticed that many are low on information and aren't very loyal to BEST BUY in general, I don't think they really care if they sell it early, they have no idea they're suppose to wait till Tuesday....this is why this stuff happens, my Girl Friend picked up 2 on Sunday in Southern Cal (i won't mention the exact store since the next time this happens, Scorcese's SHINE A LIGHT on DVD ?, I'll ge it on Sunday again)., I ain't complaining, Sometimes bad service works FOR YOU.......

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:26

>dvd production wise(best menus ive ever seen),

I actually prefer the FOUR FLICKS menus as they're each unique; I thought it was a bit draggish that each of these was almost identical.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: June 12, 2007 09:13

best buy in manalapan,nj.sold it today i called store they said a big display out,i will pick it up in the morning cant wait.

john scialfa

Posted by: peter ()
Date: June 12, 2007 09:14

OK..congrats to the fans who successfully managed to get this box set in advance..it's possible that the Stones camp or the distributor won't get upset that some stores violated the official release date...but don't count on it...by posting all this info about which stores ignored the official release, just might cause some employees to lose their job... and possibly putting the suits at BestBuy in a pickle...I have never seen or heard of a lp,cassette,CD or DVD being released before the advertised date...there is a reason for this...although I was also surprised that BestBuy got the exclusive rights to sell the previous RS box set, I think they did an outstanding job advertising,promoting,marketing & selling the box set at a great price....I noticed that BestBuy discounted the last box set to $19.99 after a year...now...please...let's not bite the hand that feeds you....peter

Date: June 12, 2007 09:22

It's not really uncommon to find DVDs on the shelf before their "street date" (but usually not as far in advance as this title seems to have been). I can't imagine it's a big deal as long as they're selling.

Posted by: Far Away Guy ()
Date: June 12, 2007 18:21

Glam, did you find it weird that the first three are the same but the fourth is differnt, kinda odd huh?

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: June 12, 2007 19:38

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-31 03:40 by cirrhosis.

Date: June 12, 2007 20:28

>Glam, did you find it weird that the first three are the same but the fourth is differnt, kinda odd huh?

Actually they all used the same setup but each had a different clip from the disk before zeroing in on the tongue piercing; the fourth one was just obviously more different as it was Mick talking rather than concert footage.

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: June 12, 2007 21:05

cirrhosis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you need to watch Four Flicks, in order to
> understand the new one?

No, Its a live Concert DVD so there is no "story line" that you would need to know from watching 4 flicks

My Blog
[stonesrockforever.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 12, 2007 21:12

KWhinos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cirrhosis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Do you need to watch Four Flicks, in order to
> > understand the new one?
>
>
> No, Its a live Concert DVD so there is no "story
> line" that you would need to know from watching 4
> flicks

Does BB leave it open for another sequel?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home