Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New USA Passport rules suspended due to overwhelming demand
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 9, 2007 03:33

Just heard this on the news so it's off the top of my head. Due to the fact that even though the numerous US Passport Departments are working around the clock they still can't keep up with the extra massive demand put on them due to the new enter/exit laws involving Canada/Mexico/Caribbean. So the new laws have been pushed back to October 1st (you won't need to have a Passport when flying into/out of (back to the USA) these countries (but you do need proof that you submitted your Passport forms and that it's getting done). The law involving mandatory Passports for land/water entry doesn't go into effect until January, 2008. They are still saying you can expect a 10 to 12 week wait this summer to get your new Passport (and it's very possible it may take even longer - doesn't seem like you can do much about it) Don't count on your complaints helping or speeding things up since they've been getting non stop complaints since this whole new program announcment created a giant surge. Hundreds are complaining daily so this is what lead to backing up the date to October - Good Luck

HELTER'S ADVICE? Shell out the extra cash (could be at least $100.00 extra) and go for the RUSH SERVICE, if you can afford it and if they offer it at this time. If you're going to some Stones shows in Europe this summer you might not have a choice.

BOTTOM LINE? Sounds (and looked) like a GIGANTIC MESS on the news !!! Anybody dealing with getting a new passport at this time? Have you gone through this already ???

Re: OT: New USA Passport rules suspended due to overwhelming demand
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 9, 2007 07:51

..... never leave my mule's side..... unless its to see paris hilton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-09 07:59 by soundcheck.

Date: June 9, 2007 08:09

Hey soundcheck, as Paris would say, "That's Hot". Seriously though there was a thread on here a few months ago about the passport situation. This new program is potentially a very big problem cause people have never had to wait up to 3 MONTHS (!!) to get their passport or a renewal. It used to take a couple weeks or (since I always did the RUSH) 3 to 4 days tops. I hope they still have the rush program cause I have to renewal mine and 3 months is way too long.....

Date: June 9, 2007 20:49

Everybody have their passpot and stuff for the Stones Shows in Europe? Dad Helter just wants to double check....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home