Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Has anybody had any problems due to getting to see THE ROLLING STONES before?
Posted by: ROLLING STONED ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:03

I ask this, as last year I had trouble geting a ticket to see them in London, and I was telling this to a Potugese friend of mine, on the telephone, and he said "I have a spare ticket for Orporto as a freind of mine can't come now, so get over here in August, the tickets yours as a present you can stay with us, you just have to pay for your airfare and it will be a good reason to meet up again after 5 years!"

Well to cut the story short, i booked up a flight from london to Orporto, via Lisbon and travelled on the day after all the airports went into chaos due to the secruity threats. i had to put everything in my suitcase. The plane was late arriving in Lisbon, so i missed the connection to Orporto, and the next plane with a spare seat was 5 hours later, which was also delayed and I got to Orporto 6 hours late, and my suitcase was lost in transit! Well the STONES the next day ROCKED!!! I did not know my friend had got standing tickets by the stage and we had a great time!

I got my suitcase back the day i came home (4 days later!!) and found that it had been broken into, and my 3 weeks onld mobile phone and 3 month old camcorder had been stolen, and after a 6 month battle, the airline refused to pay for the stolne items, but seeing the concert was Great!

I just wonder if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them, due to getting to see THE STONES??

Re: Has anybody had any problems due to getting to see THE ROLLING STONES before?
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:38

I'm confused as to what the question is asking. Was it problematic getting there? Or did I cause problems because I wanted to go see the Stones? O r did I have a problem at the show?
I've spent tons of dough that I was supposed to go somewhere else. And it's always wild during the journey there. At the show - only bliss. If I sub the word'adventure' with problem it works out.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Has anybody had any problems due to getting to see THE ROLLING STONES before?
Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:49

I dont know what to say.

I must lead a charmed life.

Missed a connecting flight once and had a 5 hour wait for the next one, but they did not charge me for it, which was nice of them as 2nd flight was econemy ticket with a different airline (BMI).

Nothing stolen and have never had lost luggage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-25 01:53 by madmaxx.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:50

After arriving in Ft. Worth, Texas for the 1997 show, the reception clerk at the hotel tried to tell me that I did not have a reservation. After retrieving my reservation info from my car, the clerk still did not want to give me my room. I thought I was talking to that Pee Wee Herman character in that Cheech & Chong movie! After raising a little bit of hell, he found a "vacancy" for me.

On my first trip to London in Aug. '03, I had arrived at the Wembley tube stop on my first ever Underground ride. I was not aware that I had to tap my card on the turnstile to get out. I'm sure I looked like a fool trying to get through that turnstile! A security guard asked to see my ticket, and kindly showed me the proper way to exit.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:51

No, not really, if ya don't count lifelong poverty. It was worth it.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 25, 2007 08:27

well once it was really close to showtime and we hadn't left for the venue yet...and everybody in my party was getting really very upset;
a definite problem. but the herb came thru at the last minute and off we went to the garden. whew!, a close one.

Re: Stones-Induced Adventures
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 25, 2007 11:13

i've had nothin *but* adventures! but if you mean the "trouble" kind in particular:
smile: my wallet was stolen while i was in some faraway city to see the Stones.
i reported it, and the policeman asked me to list what was in it; when i said "a photo of Keith Richards"
he blurted out: "oh! my hero!" that was charming. :E

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 25, 2007 11:28

You will like listen it :

Last year, Paris show, I was flying from Malaga to Barcelona (06.00 departure, 07.30 arrive), from Barcelona to Paris (11.00 depart and 12.30 or so arrive...) got the show, and then got a train to Amsterdam and see the Amsterdam show...

I flied from Malaga to Barcelona without problems, and waiting the conection, at 09.30.... started the problems in Barcelona.... I resume... BIG STRIKE, no flys in 1 day 1/2 A few thousends persons @#$%& in the airport... Of course, I lost the show (with 3 tickets in hand, mine and of 2 friends), 1 spent 1 1/2 day on airport, the prices of fly go to the heaven, and I spent 400 euros in got a fly to Amsterdam (when the train cost me 20).....

Better donĀ“t htink about this, but yes...... i was @#$%&!!!

Date: May 25, 2007 11:59

Amsterdam 2003 - Delayed on the day of the show
Cologne 2006 - Delayed
Paris 2006 - Delayed
Amsterdam 2006 - Delayed

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 25, 2007 14:15

I was driving up to Wembley in, I think, 1990 (or was it 1995) when the "Keith infected finger problem" caused the gig to be postponed. Actually arrived outside the stadium to learn about it...

But "the worst" was last Autumn - flew myself and wife to Philadelphia from London (and not an economy priced ticket) for Atlantic City gig - and found out the gig was cancelled (Mick's throat) the following day only hours before the gig...expensive flight, car hire, hotel etc.

Of course I went back several weeks later, but to economise, by myself this time!

Date: May 25, 2007 15:13

its usually been their problem more than mine: cancelled or postponed shows!

Date: May 25, 2007 17:31

Thanks guys! although i do sympathise with al;l your stories, it is nice to know that I am not the only one who has had problems getting to see the STONES!

When they played in Twickenham august 2003, the show i was going to was cancelled the night before, but this gave me time, as it was before 6pm, to change my hotel reservation for the postponed date, whithout charge. Also, the day that were supposed to paly i had a nasty cold an a touch of asthma, so i doubt i could have gone anyway, so the show being postponed worked out for the best really!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 25, 2007 17:35

....there was a similar thread about a year ago......people shared their concert experiences....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-25 19:39 by Lukester.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: May 25, 2007 17:49

'Your Worst Stones Experience': [www.iorr.org]
Some concert related stories too.

Date: May 25, 2007 18:28

oh sorry, being a newbie i did not know of this previous thread!

I hope i don't have any problems with the london and dublin shows in August!

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: May 25, 2007 18:33

ROLLING STONED Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oh sorry, being a newbie i did not know of this
> previous thread!

Doesn't matter. I think most topics discussed here has appeared once or twice just with a different headline.

> I hope i don't have any problems with the london
> and dublin shows in August!

Think all of us, who got tix, hope there will be no problems of any sort.

Date: May 25, 2007 18:52

i am only an hour away from the O2 arena, and I am going to drive up. so there is not really a great problem there transport wise, but i am flying to Dublin on the day, maybe i should book an extra night and go there on the friday evening instead, to be on the safe side?

Date: May 25, 2007 21:04

ROLLING STONED Wrote:
> i am only an hour away from the O2 arena, and I am
> going to drive up. so there is not really a great
> problem there transport wise,

you're just asking for a flat tire, mate winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 25, 2007 21:09

ROLLING STONED Wrote:
> i am only an hour away from the O2 arena, and I am
> going to drive up. so there is not really a great
> problem there transport wise, but i am flying to
> Dublin on the day, maybe i should book an extra
> night and go there on the friday evening instead,
> to be on the safe side?

Nah..if youre flying to Dublin, going that morning should give you plenty of time.

I'd make sure your flight is pretty early though...the buses to the show will probably leave around lunchtime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-25 21:09 by Gazza.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:52

I had a ten hour drive back from Memphis in 1999 and got a speeding ticket about 30 minutes from my house. I had been driving nearly 80mph(127k) all the way from Memphis without a problem and then got caught in my own backyard.

DAMN THAT MICK JAGGER!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 25, 2007 23:05

Tell me... Sister M... Wrote:
> Amsterdam 2003 - Delayed on the day of the show
> Cologne 2006 - Delayed
> Paris 2006 - Delayed
> Amsterdam 2006 - Delayed

Apparently 2006 was not a good year. May I ask you which shows you are planning to attend this tour ?

Posted by: tjkeef ()
Date: May 26, 2007 04:45

Only with my wife!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2007 06:53

Amsterdam (#2)'03 - postponed. Saw the first one though.
Twickenham (#2)'03 - postponed. Again, saw the first one.

Couldn't make it back for either of rescheduled shows,
but was able to sell my tickets to Dutch friends.

LA Dodger Stadium '06 - postponed for a couple days.
Made it to the rescheduled show.

The only other show from any another band that has been cancelled was Jethro Tull in '83? in LA.
They cancelled late in the afternoon. We were already partying, getting ready, and heard the news on the radio.
That was painful bad news, but I learned from the experience, and have always been ready for anything since then.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 26, 2007 07:17

We went to see the stones at Wembly on our way home from holiday but when we got into the stadium I realized that I had lost my car keys, we searched high and low but decided that we would watch the stones first as time was getting on. I fretted all through the show than at the end returned to the car to find them in the drivers door lock. If anyone had stolen them they couldn't have taken the car as it was boxed in the car park and took about an hour to get out. Nothing in the car to steal apart from dirty washing from our holiday. Phew what a relief!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home