Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: JJ Cale
Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 20, 2007 01:49

Just been watching a documentary about JJ Cale - reportedly the first one ever made - and what a delightful man with a wonderful attitude.

First of all, he seems to man without too many pretensions - and according to himself without too many ambitions.

Example: When he has his first hit, the manager is ecstatic and wants Cale on the road to support it. Cale will have none of it, his logical explanation that the song IS already a hit *lol*

Or when he after his first streak of success feels the need to take some time off - and does so by not recording in 8 years and not playing a gig in 6! (The only ones that comes close in that respect seem to be ZZ Top who also seem to take considerable time off - and they are from almost the same part of the woods. Could it be something in the water?)

You gotta respect a man like that!!

Re: OT: JJ Cale
Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: May 20, 2007 02:07

JJ is cooooooool... Yeah, I like his music and his attitude. Nuthin more to say...
maybe...THANK YOU, JJ!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 20, 2007 02:13

There must be a lot of cool stories about JJ Cale, though I've only heard a few of them. Great artist.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: May 20, 2007 05:54

Have to hear his latest album....always liked his music.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 20, 2007 06:28

Saw JJ Cale's band headline an outdoor festival in Colorado a few years ago. The band playing before his was playing their last few tunes, and JJ kinda wandered out, sat down, and started playing with them. When that band packed it up JJ hung around the stage while his band set up, then sat back down and played some more. No fanfare for him - if I hadn't known who he was I wouldn't have recognized him as the lead of his band. He put on a great show surrounded by the rocky mountains - was awesome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home