Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: if the stones quit today.
Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 6, 2010 22:51

They shouldn't quit like that. You are right they have no confidence in their new material but writng for almost 48 yrs does make your writing at a sorten moment predictable. So let someone else give it a try to write stuff, with Leavell, Bernard and Darryl there are some very compitant musicians there who could have a go i'm sure, why not? Make a last surprising change in the line-up, Keith 9no matter how much he was important ones) has become a stand in the way for any furter creative development in the Stones for multiple reasons, time for a last change and last mindblowing surprising album with accompaning tour playing something totally different and than only than call it a day.

Date: January 6, 2010 23:02

behroez
They shouldn't quit like that. You are right they have no confidence in their new material but writng for almost 48 yrs does make your writing at a sorten moment predictable. So let someone else give it a try to write stuff, with Leavell, Bernard and Darryl there are some very compitant musicians there who could have a go i'm sure, why not? Make a last surprising change in the line-up, Keith 9no matter how much he was important ones) has become a stand in the way for any furter creative development in the Stones for multiple reasons, time for a last change and last mindblowing surprising album with accompaning tour playing something totally different and than only than call it a day.

So, are you saying get rid of Keith?

Date: January 6, 2010 23:05

Yes

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:10

well then, lets take the hydrogen out of water and call it water.

Date: January 6, 2010 23:49

That is nonsense. The Stones became a club sensation straight away in 1962, and broke through internationally in 1964 with R&B covers! At that time from 1962 to halfway 1964 it was Brian Jones that played the lead and did the backing up vocals. during 1964 it was Andrew Loog Oldham that started to change that and pushed Keith forward, why? Because he could manipulate Keith and Mick but he couldn't manipulate Brian. In other words the Stones became famous when Keith was an expendable background rhythm guitar player. Keith only became later important. So to say that the Stones without Keith is like water without hydrogen would deny the very beginning of the Stones. Ofcourse Keith is important, that's why i don't think the Stones should continue without him AFTER a last farewell album and tour without him. But a last album and tour without him is essential. Look Keith is not the same guy as the one from 73, he can't play anymore (arthritis) and his songs are so predictable that they only play the old stuff on stage. That's not the way to end this legacy! So get that shackle removed, but honour him, don't play like a parasite his songs on that last tour. Come with all new stuff and new renditions of old covers (the slow bluesy version of I Just Wanna Make Love To You or the Womack version of It's All Over Now, but mainly play new songs). Put Darryl in the official line-up and put his bass louder let him play the way he can, bring Taylor back for the bluesy sharp solos. Without Keiths parties Ron wont be tempted to much so he can play. Why not? Jagger, Wood, Taylor and Darryl in the official line-up with Charlie if he can still play well enough, if not take some young good promising drummers as guest musicians on the final abum and tour (preferably of Darryl's choosing as he's the one putting down the rhythm section). Than ofcourse Leavell's keybords, Keys saxophone, Fowler and Fisher. Why not? Come with a surprise! As i said elsewhere no succes without change.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: January 7, 2010 00:27

the stones aint a football club, its not like the centre forward aint producing the goals any more so they buy another striker, then they shore up the defence cos thier leaking too many goals, so out goes the big centre half who used to be good, bring in another big defender and then go out and buy a holding midfielder cos the current one is out injured.

this is the stones for god sake, only 1 position within the band has ever been replaced by someone else from the original line up and thats the position ronnie holds. one other position was retired which was bills and the 3 others aint up for grabs, once one of them can no longer continue then the stones are no more, so that leaves ronnies position, if he goes he can be replaced just like brian and mick taylor were before him.

on the other hand jagger, richards and watts are the stones, when one stops the band stops, any other way wouldnt be right.

Date: January 7, 2010 01:07

No the Stones are a music making business, anything else is a fantasy. Ofcourse the name is connected to some history and produce, so i would argue that Jagger 48 yrs of Stones history, Wood 35 yrs, Darryl 18 yrs and Taylor's 5 yrs (but 5 potent yrs) making together more than a century of Stones history only shared by these 4 people alone will qualify them for using that name. And than as extra musicians Leavell, Fowler, Keys and Fisher all one by one more than 20 yrs of Stones history per person. Sure they could make that last goal for the company they've served so faithfully. Pink Floyd drastically changed their line-up and lo! and behold they hit the jackpot. Nothing wrong with that, provided it will be an one-timer final farewell Stones album and tour. And a good one. Which it will be, nothing so refreshing and vital as change. The important thing is that the Stones will finish with a surprising last album and surprising tour that will knock everyone off their socks, even if it will displease the old guard (the sour Stones fans that keep complaining it ain't 73 anymore, yet resist the obvious). Anyway everyone will come to see that final tour, no one would want to miss that oppertunity to see this unique line-up with unique playlists, you will come i'm sure, but you will doubt to come to another "Honky Tonk Woman sing along". True and you know it.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 7, 2010 01:15

Your getting all worked up about something that aint gonna happen? Get rid of Keith. Just the thought alone is ridiculous without trying to give a rational argument....

Date: January 7, 2010 01:25

???? Arthritis, not being able to play! Having become a predictable songwriter so much so that at their last tour they played mainly songs dating 35 yrs back. Those are good reasons i gather. Get a bunch of good musicians together (with a Stones history background ofcourse) that will write NEW EXCITING stuff, and blow everyone off their socks!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 7, 2010 01:32

You been on the sherbit dips again? Firstly, up until the KR accident the gigs on ABB were some of the best I'd been to. Secondly, can you imagine the press if KR got dumped? AND for new blood? Ppppllleeeeaasseee! Back to reality me old china.

The Stones purely work for fun and lolly nowadays, there is no ambition to better the past. They tour, make a bucket load of cash and are happy. Nothing, bar nothing (as seen with the latest postponement) is gonna change that. So please, stop trying to make something out of a subject that simply aint gonna happen......

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home