Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Has Keith signed Willie Nelson's guitar?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 15, 2007 21:53

It's by invitation only. Among the signees I know of:

Kris Kristopherson
Rita Coolidge
Leon Russell (the first one to sign)

Johnny Cash ?
Waylon ? - surely
Jesse Colter? - ditto
Keef?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Re: Has Keith signed Willie Nelson's guitar?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 15, 2007 21:56

I dunno...it's hard to even try to decipher some of the signatures. Doesn't look like anyone has signed it recently though.

I've been getting a lot of Willie Nelson stuff lately...picked up his blues album, "Milk Cow Blues"..pretty good stuff on there. A live dvd from Amsterdam in 2001 (??) great guitar work by Willie. It's a slow start...but as he warms up....it's magic. Also got "Willie and Friends Live and Kickin'" that's pretty ok..duets and such during his b-day a couple years ago--an AWFUL duet between him and Wyclef Jean in "To All The Girls I've Loved Before"...it was in a reggae style and it was horrid.

LOVE WILLIE!

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 15, 2007 22:23

Any fans of Willie, or fans of good music....this is a must download...the quality of the video and audio are suberb!!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Willie Nelson
Studio 6A LBJ Communications Bldg @ U Of Texas
Austin, Texas
October 17, 1974

Austin City Limits Pilot Episode

Lineage: ACL Master (not from TV) Video > VHS > DVDR

01 Whiskey River
02 Stay All Night
03 Bloody Mary Morning
04 Redneck Mother
05 Okie From Muskogee (Bee Spears Vocals)
06 Funny How Time Slips Away>
07 Crazy
08 Devil In A Sleeping Bag>
09 Phases And Stages>
10 I Still Can't Believe Your Gone>
11 It's Not Supposed To Be That Way
12 Good Hearted Woman
13 Pick Up The Tempo
14 Will The Circle Be Unbroken
15 When The Roll Is Called
16 Mountain Dew
17 A Song For You
18 Turn Out The Lights
19 Nelson Family Jam>
20 Rollin' My Sweet Baby's Arms

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: May 15, 2007 22:36

Hello There,

Saw Mr. Willie Nelson for the second time in Manchester in January so here's what I remember about it...

Obviously it helps having a slightly partisan crowd to work to,but he radiates humanity,wit and sincerity despite having performed some of these songs 100s of times...

Crazy,Always On My Mind,Georgia,Stardust,On The Road Again,All Of Me,Stay All Night,Bloody Mary Morning,Funny How Time Slips Away and I dunno how many more-they were onstage for a welcome 2 hours!

There were another 6 musicians in the band-I think his drummer has been with him since the Middle Ages-including his little sister on piano,and they made it all appear so natural.
One easily forgotten thing about WN is just how fine a guitarist he is.Actually he's @#$%& magic at it!Plus his guitar looks as if it may fall apart at any time too!

If you get the chance to see him,please do-I'm giving you a 'money-back-if-not-100%-satisfied' guarantee here.As well as some iffy photos...

And here's a couple of did-you-knows about this colourful fellow.

-When he turned 40 he was a bit fed-up,so he laid down in the middle of the road,pissed,and hoped to get run over.Daft old goat.

-In 1993 the IRS seized his accounts and reckoned he owed them 16.7 million dollars in unpaid taxes.How on earth is that possible?Nearly $17million!2nd paper round time for sure.

Thanks Mr. Nelson for a splendid evening!

Cheers,

Si N.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:52

Some great pics. Thanks for posting

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 16, 2007 04:02

Thanks for the pics, Simon,
I was at a Willie Nelson concert in 1993 - and he looked just like in those pics
His sister also played then...in fact the whole band were family members, they probably had tax-problems too...! or at least they didn't demand as much payment from WIllie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-16 04:10 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 16, 2007 13:13

Roger Miller signed this guitar too. What about Keith?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home