Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saved by the Paparazzi ?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 28, 2007 21:16

I just dug up the 28 May, 1998 issue of Rolling Stone Magazine that shows Ronnie being rescued from a burning boat somewhere near Rio de Janeiro.

Story goes that a boatload of paparazzi pulled Ronnie & his friends from their boat after the engine caught fire.

I wonder if Ronnie autographed any of their pics?

Re: Saved by the Paparazzi ?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 28, 2007 21:50

From IORR News in April 1998:
"While Mick and Charlie stayed at their hotel Copacabana in Rio, Ronnie and Keith went to the plastic surgeon Ivo Pitanguy's house on the island Angra dos Reis. Ronnie with his wife and son went on a boat trip off the island, and during the trip the engine stroke fire, and they had to evacuate the boat in a hurry. Luckily they were followed by paparazzi boats, and the boat from Jornal Do Brasil picked up Ronnie and his family. See photo etc in Aftonbladet. Keith was not aboard on the boat striking fire, but it seems he twisted his foot somehow. Still, he should be fine for the show on Saturday in Rio. The show in Rio will be broadcasted live on TV."

[www.aftonbladet.se]

[www.iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home