Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why Not a Stones Version of "Rockband"?
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 22:54

We bought my 13 yr old daughter the Beatles:Rockband for Christmas, and it is much more than a simple Wii game. The level of research and love that went into this is astonishing. I haven't played it myself, but I've watched my kid put herself INTO the band, so the interaction gives her an appreciation that I could never do by simply playing her the songs.

If you've never seen the game in action (and I now HAVE), don't immediately write it off. You gotta see it to believe it.

Re: Why Not a Stones Version of "Rockband"?
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: December 28, 2009 01:15

I'd love to see a well done Stones game. I'm always pleased when the games that are out include Stones songs....fun to play. Although some guitar purist hate the game I love playing it with my son. Add the drums and the mic to sing along and it's good fun. Like pretending in front of our mirrors when we were kids...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 28, 2009 01:23

When the money's right, there will be.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 28, 2009 01:26

bassplayer617
We bought my 13 yr old daughter the Beatles:Rockband for Christmas, and it is much more than a simple Wii game. The level of research and love that went into this is astonishing. I haven't played it myself, but I've watched my kid put herself INTO the band, so the interaction gives her an appreciation that I could never do by simply playing her the songs.

If you've never seen the game in action (and I now HAVE), don't immediately write it off. You gotta see it to believe it.

bassplayer617- This sounds really cool and fun -- as well as educational! I'm going to figure out a way to check it out! I'd love not only to play it but if anyone out there reading this thread is thinking of developing a Stones version of Rockband, contact me - cuz I'd love to help and am a kickasss researcher and interaction designer! In fact, looks like the firm that developed this game is in Cambridge (Massachusetts), not that far from where I live. If nothing else, I would love to meet the designers and find out what else they have up their sleeves!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 28, 2009 01:42

Please NO!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: December 28, 2009 02:50

It would have to be very well research and done, unlike the AC/DC Live version which was as bare-bones as it gets.

Gimme Shelter on the original game is great fun.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 28, 2009 02:56

i would defenitly NOT want to see rockband Stones.
because: first of all what Bill Wyman said about it: "If my kids would spend as much time with a guitar as they waste in front of that game, they would be a hell of a guitarplayer".
And for the second; I dont want 8 year old kids go round and think Rolling Stones is cool because they dont really know who they are and just know em as "rockband". I Think it would just be a @#$%& sellout thing to do if they really would do something like that. How rock n roll is that?
My final answer: NO!!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 28, 2009 04:26

My son (15 and a damn good guitarist) got the Beatle sRB for Christmas - it's great! Graphics are awesome. Lots of fun too.

Wish the Stones would do one.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: December 28, 2009 04:34

i've never played rockband but i'm guessing the "guitar" for that game is nothing like an actual guitar. it's just buttons you press. so bill wyman's quote is a bit redundant, he might as well say "if kids spend as much time playing guitar as they do walking, they'd be a hell of a guitarplayer!". also, considering the kind of society we are in now, i'd rather kids know the stones through a video game than, say, britney spears' cover of "satisfaction". and another thing, the makers of rockband actually love music and care about it, which is more you can say about record companies.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 28, 2009 05:38

I just bought my kids a Playstation 3. When I was in the store, I was watching some kids playing Beatles Rockband.

The Beatles' music I love ( as much as the Stones) and the animations and and graphics are just spectacular. Very nicely done and knowledgeable attention to details and colors and settings.

But... it left all me feeling cold. Completely saddened that theses kids won't just pick up a real guitar or drumsticks and learn to play these songs. Like I did with my friends! My friends and I all hoped and thought that we might be the next Beatles or Stones! That never happened, but at least we really learned about music and how to really play a real musical instrument. Not a rickenbacker-shaped joystick with buttons instead of strings. Please. Not to mention the price the Beatles Rockband package.

(PS3: Highly recommended, as it's got a built-in Blu-ray player, which I wanted)

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 28, 2009 05:40

ask abkco

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 28, 2009 22:33

I agree with Pelle

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 29, 2009 01:34

"santa" got the Family a PS3, and my Kidz bought me the Beatles Rock Band "Special Value Edition", it comes with a Generic Guitar, Drums & a Microphone, very cool stuff!

I watched the kids "interact" with it for a few songs, then I gave first the Drums a try & you have to play the correct Beats or your score is bad, same with the Guitar or Bass playing, you have to hit the Right notes and Chords so there is SKILL involved, I had a BLAST playing this & I actually did better on Vox than I did
playing the Instruments, go figure

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: December 29, 2009 03:43

production costs would be much less than the Beatles version. The Keith guitar wouldn't need any fret buttons since everything's in open G. Heck, the Woody guitar wouldn't even need a strum bar.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 29, 2009 05:11

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 29, 2009 13:16

If it gives kids an appreciation of music rather than manufactured X-factor style rubbish that's fine with me

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 29, 2009 19:05

Santa brought us this game as well.
I love it and so do my kids.

Bring on a Stones version!
I'm not sure which one of us would tackle the vocals on Star Star, though...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 29, 2009 20:19

josepi
production costs would be much less than the Beatles version. The Keith guitar wouldn't need any fret buttons since everything's in open G. Heck, the Woody guitar wouldn't even need a strum bar.

LOL! Post of the month!

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 29, 2009 20:41

the time you spend getting a good rockband/guitarhero/whatever gamer you rather invest in learning a real instrument...

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: December 29, 2009 20:43

i don't think a stones rockband would be a good idea. too many people would say "oh look at them, they're following the beatles again".

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 29, 2009 21:10

When they do make a stones version of the rockband game (it'$ inevitable) ... then people will be still be saying that the stones copied the beatles.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 30, 2009 02:05

...yes,why not ?

Watching this promo clip for the Beatles game one could imagine easily
some scenarios and songs for the Stones edition...

Under My Thumb from Altamont for example with animated Hells Angles beating up
some people...what a gas...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 30, 2009 02:09

They almost looks like angels...........

As promotion it will surely work

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 30, 2009 13:19

I got Guitar Hero 5 for Christmas which has SFTD on it and you can download some of the live GYYYO tracks for a little extra moolah.

I'd love to see a Stones version of these games. After all, if the publishers think there is money in a standalone Metallica version, then they have to have at least considered a Stones version.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:12

the problem i see with putting out a stones rockband game is getting multitrack recordings for early 60s recordings. abkco had a hard enough time finding masters to use for the 2002 remasters collection plus if they have them they would have to explain why they would not release more stereo mixes of songs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home