Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Beatles USB vs. Stones Box Set
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 25, 2009 23:34

I just got the USB Apple for a gift. And man! What a phenomenal and beautiful piece of art. Firstly, the Apple itself looks on the adverts a bit cheesy and flimsy. However, it is NOT! It is solid cast iron, heavy and very sweet looking. The USB slides out at the core, and snugly clicks into place in your USB port. All the graphics from the Stereo box set are on it, and FLAC files at 24 bit, better than any CD. MP3 files, and then you can play the music from an internal player on the USB. So a lot of incredible goodies for any fan.
Now on the same day I received the Stones box set of the remasters. Again, as has been stated before, I was completely underwhelmed, and it really bummed me out. Two of my favorite acts of all time, and The Stones just didn't spend an iota of time and care on putting their box set together. Which is a shame. In the age when artists old and new are really packaging their music in unique and beautiful ways, it is sad the Glimmer Twins just cant sit down and really put some love and care into their legacy. Well lets hope that will come sometime in the future.
So any Beatles fans out there who are thinking of getting the USB, stop thinking and take the plunge, it is well worth it. And only 30000 have been made, and it is a limited edition item. So grab it while you can, you won't be disappointed!

Re: OT: The Beatles USB vs. Stones Box Set
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 27, 2009 07:50

Just one more reason why The Beatles will always be more loved than The Rolling Stones - they (whoever it is record label, management, etc) actually CARE.

And another one - it's one more more reason why The Beatles are just that much better than The Rolling Stones. The Beatles are more concerned with the actual art of what all was done, the Stones just want your money.

That's all. It's just that simple. Ya-Ya's is out of their control, with the irony being they way they wanted it to be released originally finally happened.

Exile is going to be the only special thing that ever happens it looks like.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:16

At least, for me at least, the music is much more prefered on the Stones set! smiling smiley
I understand the folks that love the art and all...but it seems to be a lost art in this day and age. At the end of the day the music is all that matters to me and for me the Stones are always on top with that.
I know different strokes for different folks and all so I don't have a problem with someone loving the Beatles. They just never did it for me and the Stones always have. So to me I think the Beatles can have their nice artwork, I'll take the Stones in whatever package....
Having said that, I have often felt sad at what appears to be the loss of the love put into and having the artwork that used to be such a great part of the music experience. Technology is slowly stealing it away...

Date: December 27, 2009 18:13

Beatles 1 Stones 0

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 27, 2009 19:39

Tumblingdice, you missed the point. The Beatles entire package is what it's about. Not just the "art" but the entire artwork - the music remastering was a five year project.

What was UME's amount? A month?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 27, 2009 19:49

Can anybody tell me if the USB has the Original Stereo mixes of "Help" & "Rubber Soul" or the 1987 Re-mixes.

I know the original mixes were included as a bonus on the mono box set but I would like to know if they are also on the USB.

Cheers

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 27, 2009 20:33

I do wish the Stones would put some love into their back catalog!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home