Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT, Chef name
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 27, 2007 16:57

I know, this is not music thread, but there are lots of americans over here, I m trying to find the name of this chef dont know which city has his restaurantm he has big sideburns and his cooking is very trendy as adria, not sure which city is the restaurant, he is young, new generation, and the name of the restaurant was something like WYz-09, something like that, I remember I saw him and the background music was from the Stones, and he said like them,
if you know the name of him or the restaurant I´d really appreciate it!
carlos
Tenerife

Re: OT, Chef name
Date: March 27, 2007 17:14

A friend of mine just told me, wd-50, Wylie Dufresne

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:24

Wylie Dufresne
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wylie Dufresne is the chef and owner of wd~50 restaurant in Manhattan. Dufresne is a disciple of Spanish chef Ferran Adria and a leading American proponent of molecular gastronomy; the movement to introduce new techniques and sciences in the preparation and delivery of food.

Born in 1970 in Providence, Rhode Island, Dufresne is a graduate of the French Culinary Institute in New York. In 1992 Wylie completed a B.A. in philosophy at Colby College in Waterville, Maine. From 1994 through 1999, he worked for Jean-Georges Vongerichten, where he was eventually named sous chef at Vongerichten's eponymous Jean Georges. In 1998 he was chef de cuisine at Vongerichten's Prime in The Bellagio, Las Vegas. In 1999 he left to become the first chef at 71 Clinton Fresh Food. In April of 2003 he opened his 70-seat restaurant, wd~50 (named for the chef's initials and the street address) on Clinton Street on Manhattan's Lower East Side.

Dufresne was a James Beard Foundation nominee for Rising Star Chef of the Year in 2000 and chosen the same year by New York Magazine for their New York Awards. Food & Wine magazine selected him as a recipient of their 2001 America's Ten Best Chefs award and in 2003 New York Magazine gave him one of their Chef Awards. In their first Red Guide for North America, Michelin released the New York City Guide, 2006 in which Dufresne's wd~50 was awarded a one-star rating.

Among his signature preparations are Pickled Beef Tongue with Fried Mayonnaise and Carrot-Coconut Sunnyside-Up

In 2006, Dufresne lost to Mario Batali on Iron Chef America.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:31

.....isn't chef's voice done by Isaac Hayes?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:42

...Yeah, in the "Super Adventure Club"

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 27, 2007 19:01

.....oh my god, they killed chef.........you bastards

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 27, 2007 19:40

WD-50, is that like WD-40?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 27, 2007 21:21

I hope he doesn't do any sauteeing in WD - 40 . YUCK !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-27 21:21 by boston2006.

Date: March 27, 2007 21:31

Gives a new meaning to greasy food!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: March 27, 2007 21:42

what does wd50 or wd40 mean? dont understand,
carlos

Date: March 27, 2007 21:45

WD 40 is a spray lubricant - to loosen rusty bolts and such. I was just making a joke on the resturant's name.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 27, 2007 22:01

that's the stuff - but on the other hand the chef could also loosen some rusty bolts with butter, no?

Date: March 28, 2007 02:08

Jajajajajajajaa!!!
Good one, didnt know

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home