Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Should I save my membership presales for potential last stones concert on the 25th?
Posted by: guy ()
Date: March 27, 2007 16:54

Thoughts please

Re: Should I save my membership presales for potential last stones concert on the 25th?
Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:09

That's what I'm doing.

I've been going through a whole bunch of what-if scenarios today after hearing about the O2 code, and it seems like this is the best choice, although with so many variables there's elements of risk with whatever option you want to take!

Lee

Re: Should I save my membership presales for potential last stones concert on the 25th?
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:20

Well, the later you use the legacy code, the more likely you are to get a good seat because other people will have used theirs up. However, that assumes that they will definitely do another O2 show and this is not confirmed.

Perhaps they will have O2 presales for any further dates announced so that might be the way to go.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:30

Last week I became a platinum member on the RS.com site so that I could participate in the Pre-Sales. I assumed that this payment of 100 Euros would allow me to buy tickets for every show in the pre-sale of this entire tour.

I was issued with a code that enable me to buy 2 tickets for Hamburg without much difficulty. Great!

A few days later I tried to get a code on the RS.com website that would enable me to buy tickets for the Slane Castle pre-sale, however I could'nt. I was told I had to buy new platinum membership, which I duly did and eventually got tickets.

Tomorrow I hope to buy tickets in the London pre-sale. I now have two memberships on RS.com that will not give me a code. Do I need to join for a third time to get tomorrows pre-sale code.

Totally confused, Ireland!

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:40

Yes indeed.

With a Platinum membership you are enabled to buy up to 4 tickets for ONE show.

In the US it was possible to buy up to 4 tickets for shows in ONE city, but I'm not testing this for London...

P

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:40

each membership is only valid for up to four tickets for ONE show.

You cant get two tickets for one show, and then use up the rest of your allocation for another

You cant transfer an unused code over to tickets for another show, it seems

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:42

indeed, but you can cancel your membership and get your $100 back if you haven't used it for tickets. And buy another one and use it for the show you do want to have tickets for...

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:45

So Gazza, should I buy a new membership today and have it ready for the London Pre-sale in the morning?

Are you heading to London, yourself?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:50

Yes to both questions!!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 27, 2007 17:56

"please buy memberships, otherwise my kids will starve"

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 27, 2007 19:04

ROTFLMFAO Priceless !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home