Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Isle of wight length of show
Posted by: guy ()
Date: March 20, 2007 19:48

Will the show be the standard length or considerably shorter, and will they cater for what could be clearly a considerably younger crowd???

Re: Isle of wight length of show
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 20, 2007 19:56

guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will the show be the standard length or
> considerably shorter, and will they cater for what
> could be clearly a considerably younger crowd ???

<<< and will they cater for what could be clearly a considerably younger crowd ??? >>>

Extremely pertinent question, and I for one haven't got any probable answers, at least none that would make any real sense. But you're right, they will be addressing themselves to a predominantly younger crowd than at the usual straightforward Stones concert. What this means, I don't know. I'll take a guess. I suppose ... it COULD mean that we get hit by a barrage of greatest hits; their thinking perhaps being that seeing as the audience is younger and likely to be less familiar with their material, the only thing to do is blitz them with a set of warhorses that they're more likely to have heard before and/or be familiar with ? How's that for a possible scenario ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-20 20:05 by paulywaul.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: March 20, 2007 20:02

Would it be correct to say it was sold out pretty much before the Stones were being touted for the gig? Not sure, but if so it could be a real test of the Stones relevance to "the kids". In many ways its a pretty brave move. I would imagine they will go for an hour and a half and just cram it with the hits. For once I wouldnt blame em.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 20, 2007 20:10

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I suppose ... it COULD mean that we get hit by a barrage of
> greatest hits; their thinking perhaps being that
> seeing as the audience is younger and likely to be
> less familiar with their material, the only thing
> to do is blitz them with a set of warhorses that
> they're more likely to have heard before and/or be
> familiar with ? How's that for a possible scenario?

Exactly. I honestly don't expect anything, at least not much, unusual. They'll play for a crowd which is not a Stones-crowd, so they'll do their best to convince them... And in the Stones way of approaching thing nowadays, they won't take any risks. I expect a setlist full of warhorses. This is not like Knebworth 1976 when a good portion of rock fans were also Stones fans who enjoyed their longest set with welcome surprises like Route 66, Little Red Rooster, Around And Around, Dead Flowers, Stray Cat Blues, Wild Horses and the like.

BUT I am pretty sure they will play their asses off. With this audience, they've got something to prove. And everytime the Stones had something to prove, they were extremely good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-20 20:11 by retired_dog.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 20, 2007 20:12

It will be a regular show, just like the others. Check the recent shows at festivals, like in Switzerland etc. 19 or 20 songs. SarsStock was special I think. They were heavily jetlagged. Mick's voice and the weather will define if they do a shorter set, i.e. 1-2 songs shorter.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 20, 2007 20:19

It doesn't seem likely that they would drag their backsides down to the Isle of Wight just to do a couple of numbers in a token appearance, especially since they're headlining.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2007 23:06

Set aside 10 minutes for the Justin Timberlake duet.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2007 23:23

BV is, of course, correct. SarsStock was completely different. They flew in from Prague and flew directly out to Spain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home