Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bilbao
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 15, 2007 20:11

I did not realize the Bilbao show in 1998 was cancelled; it is in today's new section. Did they reschedule it? WHere did the Stones stay in San Sebastian that year?

Re: Bilbao
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 15, 2007 20:18

georgeV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they reschedule it?

No.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2007 21:11

I was one of the few fans who arrived into Bilbao in 1998. I think I made reports about t on IORR back in 1998 but this is the short version...

Everyone going to the Nuremberg show in the summer of 1998 knows how Mick completely lost his voice during the B-stage. Still the top reporter in Swedish leading tabloid Expressen wrote that Mick's voice was outstanding throughout the show. I went from the tour opening in Nurenberg with train via Munich to Milan Italy. That show was cancelled at noon show day, Mick having Laryngitis. So I took the train via Switzerland and France to Irun i.e. San Sebastian area. As I was on the bus from Irun to Bilbao I heard the guy on the radio talking in Spanish - cancelarre - vocalist - Jagger... I know it of course. But I had to go there. I arrived as they were taking down the stage etc. No other fans to be seen. I got my Bilbao 1998 Stones poster which is now rare. Great souvenir. Then back up via Paris and to Brussels where they did actually perform at Werchter - luckily.

They did never perform that Bilbao show thyen, but they returned to Bilbao during the LICKS tour. Great show. Then the Stones frew in & out from Madrid. I do still remember the flight going up like half an hour or so after the show was over in Bilbao. They did not wate any time. I was still browsing the enormous selections of bootleg t-shirts in Bilbao when they arrived into Madrid. Bilbao must be number one in the world for bootleg t-shirtsl, after Mexico city...

Great memories!

PS. San Sebastian will be great too!

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: March 15, 2007 21:36

Yes bv, Mexico city was unreal last year for bootleg shirts,I picked up some fabulous ones way better Bigger Bang one then the RS.com. Plus a couple of baseball caps which i'm wearing right now everything for 10 dollars or less!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 16, 2007 01:18

How long does a train from Milan to San Sebastian take?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home