Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bilbao
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 15, 2007 20:11

I did not realize the Bilbao show in 1998 was cancelled; it is in today's new section. Did they reschedule it? WHere did the Stones stay in San Sebastian that year?

Re: Bilbao
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 15, 2007 20:18

georgeV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they reschedule it?

No.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2007 21:11

I was one of the few fans who arrived into Bilbao in 1998. I think I made reports about t on IORR back in 1998 but this is the short version...

Everyone going to the Nuremberg show in the summer of 1998 knows how Mick completely lost his voice during the B-stage. Still the top reporter in Swedish leading tabloid Expressen wrote that Mick's voice was outstanding throughout the show. I went from the tour opening in Nurenberg with train via Munich to Milan Italy. That show was cancelled at noon show day, Mick having Laryngitis. So I took the train via Switzerland and France to Irun i.e. San Sebastian area. As I was on the bus from Irun to Bilbao I heard the guy on the radio talking in Spanish - cancelarre - vocalist - Jagger... I know it of course. But I had to go there. I arrived as they were taking down the stage etc. No other fans to be seen. I got my Bilbao 1998 Stones poster which is now rare. Great souvenir. Then back up via Paris and to Brussels where they did actually perform at Werchter - luckily.

They did never perform that Bilbao show thyen, but they returned to Bilbao during the LICKS tour. Great show. Then the Stones frew in & out from Madrid. I do still remember the flight going up like half an hour or so after the show was over in Bilbao. They did not wate any time. I was still browsing the enormous selections of bootleg t-shirts in Bilbao when they arrived into Madrid. Bilbao must be number one in the world for bootleg t-shirtsl, after Mexico city...

Great memories!

PS. San Sebastian will be great too!

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: March 15, 2007 21:36

Yes bv, Mexico city was unreal last year for bootleg shirts,I picked up some fabulous ones way better Bigger Bang one then the RS.com. Plus a couple of baseball caps which i'm wearing right now everything for 10 dollars or less!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 16, 2007 01:18

How long does a train from Milan to San Sebastian take?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home