Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Madison Square Garden July 1972
Posted by: shroomy ()
Date: March 11, 2007 19:13

Does anybody have recordings of the first two nights at the Garden in July of 1972? I know of the third night July 26th sdbrd and complete audience tape but I really need the others. Reward for finding any audios will be great! Here's a small taste of the reward I am offering

Re: Madison Square Garden July 1972
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 11, 2007 19:25

There were 4 MSG shows in 1972 - the middle date (25th) had a matinee as well as an evening performance. There are recordings of each of them although the quality of the 24th July show is pretty mediocre and the 25th July afternoon show isnt exactly earth shattering either. I have them, if you need to get in touch

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 11, 2007 19:41

Gazza, did you look at the clip Shroomy posted? it's rather worthwhile!
Shroomy, you're the person who posted that over on youtube?
i'm sure a lot of us will do our best to assist you! can you tell us more?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 11, 2007 19:56

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza, did you look at the clip Shroomy posted?
> it's rather worthwhile!
> Shroomy, you're the person who posted that over on
> youtube?
> i'm sure a lot of us will do our best to assist
> you! can you tell us more?

I second that, this is SUCH sought-after material for us....
July 26th footage...

Date: March 11, 2007 19:57

very nice indeed

A friend of mine made a nice little Super 8 film of the shows, which we later made available on Rocks Off with some overdubbed sound

Theres also of course a couple of the songs available from one of the 25th july shows - as seen on the Dick Cavett Show a few weeks later

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 11, 2007 21:31

The guy who posted it on Youtube, I contacted him, and this is what he had to say...

"The film is for sale. Details:

over 70 minutes filmed over three nights at the Garden. Color, Super 8 hand held from stage front (all three nights). Footage is well lit, steady and focused throughout. Filmer pans to all members on stage, zooms in and out appropriately during solos, etc. Very well shot! Includes entire birthday cake sequence at end of third night's concert! Sale price includes the following items AND special bonuses:

1. Three original reels containing all three nights of the MSG July 72 concerts.
2. Digibeta transfer of said film reels.
3. One 15 minute Sony CV-2000 reel of Stones at LA Forum 1969 (shot from 5th row center) with sound.
4. 6 mini DV cam tapes of the Stones Houston Astrodome 1981 concert which includes all TV news footage and direct from original camera master copy of Checkerboard Lounge 1981 (not taken from bootleg, this is directly from the original camera masters).
The Astrodome tapes include two versions of the in-house camera feeds. The first (on three tapes) is the raw unprocessed direct transfer and the other (also on three tapes) is the color corrected and audio remastered version. This material is NOT circulated in this quality although a poor quality vhs video leaked out years ago and nothing has surfaced since. These DV Cam's are taken from the 3/4" masters and are as good as the footage will ever look.

Asking price for all of the above is $200,000.00

Let me know if either yourself or someone you know would be interested, but quickly as I intend on putting these up for auction in the next Christies auction."

So, should we all start collect the money? smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 11, 2007 21:34

$200,000 for a silent audience film and other stuff which is mostly just an upgrade on whats already available?

Dream on.

Date: March 11, 2007 21:50

Gazza Wrote:
> $200,000 for a silent audience film and other
> stuff which is mostly just an upgrade on whats
> already available?
>
> Dream on.

200.000.?!?!?!
Way too much, though I'd LOVE to see that footage.
But, for an even sicker sale...see this thread [www.iorr.org]
A person trying to sell Micks MSG 72 outfit for 999.999. dollars, and to me, it doesn't look like it's the 07/26 outfit.

Date: March 12, 2007 00:42

Hey! Jean Marie Moreau can sell my Seattle '75 confetti for a millions euros!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 12, 2007 01:03

ridiculous amount to ask for, just hang in there fellas this stuff will get out someday, be patient, besides like gazza said most of it is out there already

Date: March 12, 2007 07:23

Whoaaa! Wait a minute folks! If anyone has any of this stuff please let me know! I've been collecting Stones videos for 20 years and have never run across anyone with the LA Forum 1969 footage, or 70 minutes of MSG 1972. I've only seen 5th generation vhs poor quality Houston Astrodome and only a third gen Checkerboard Lounge, at best. Licensing rights for Stones film goes for anywhere between $1500 and $3000 per minute, so if one was acknowledged owner of film one has authority to issue licensing rights (not artist rights which is usually the onus of the broadcaster). 200 large is too rich for blood of the punter without a doubt, but there are folks out there with old money and rich tastes in such collectables...we're fishing for one such a person here. Yes, I am the owner of all these materials. I won't be letting this out so easy!

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: March 12, 2007 07:39

200,000 dollars? Little rich for my blood

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 12, 2007 10:38

Hey, the Keith Richards court case on Stonesvikings.com; are there any pics?

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Date: March 12, 2007 22:16

do you think cutting it off after a minute or so is gonna make someone spend 200k for the other minute, lol

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 13, 2007 01:22

I ain't got 200,000, but I can kick him in the butt...

Date: March 13, 2007 01:39

Well, if one paid a lot for something, you'd like to get a little profit when you sell it on to someone else.
That being said, I think it's somewhat sad that this gem will never be seen by other ones than the guy with the big wallet, who'll buy this.
But, what can a poor boy do...

Date: March 13, 2007 01:51

maybe we will get lucky and the stones themselves will release it official
without having to fix a 70 minute silent version from 3 different shows, not that i wouldnt love to have this, i would but i must draw the line at the asking price just like everyone else on this board, this teaser clip is just this guys way of saying ha ha look what i have, why offer if you know there will be no taker, well enjoy it, you are very lucky if you have everything on that list which is hard to believe

Date: March 13, 2007 01:57

LOL, yes I see your point, melillo, noone here can possible raise that amount even if we got together, and the bootlegers can't either,
but you never know, there are some effin' rich Stones-fans in the world today.
Maybe Bill WYman will buy it..

Date: March 13, 2007 01:59

yes , and that can be bills way to blackmail the stones, lol, erik can you imagine if the right boot label gets a hold of this and masters the sound perfectly, woooooooo baby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-13 02:02 by melillo.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 13, 2007 03:13

The only good thing that would come out if some crazy ass bought that stuff for $200k would perhaps be that Jagger would see how much dough there is to be had from releasing anything with him and Mick Taylor in the same picture.

Date: March 13, 2007 03:18

melillo Wrote:
> yes , and that can be bills way to blackmail the
> stones, lol, erik can you imagine if the right
> boot label gets a hold of this and masters the
> sound perfectly, woooooooo baby

Jeezuz, that would make me quit my job, sell everything, and buy a giant-screen with giant speakers.

Date: March 13, 2007 04:18

My fellow collectors, please do not feel uptight about this! If anyone wants to gripe, let's start with the price of a concert ticket nowadays! Sharing video or making footage available in trust to an individual or group of individuals is not what it was 20 years ago when I freely traded most of my prized videos away to anyone who asked. Times have changed my fellows, and to give something away now means to give it to the world in less time it takes to type this post. Ain't gonna happen, but the target of your dismay should not be me but rather the modern epidemic of "give it to me now, give it to me free, and give it to me so I can give it away to others...though I am not the owner of it". As the rightful owner of these films, I can do anything I see fit even toss them into the garbage disposal if that is my pleasure. The point is this- if you yourself go out and buy a film and spend thousands of dollars on it, by all means go and transfer it (at even more cost) and post it freely onto You Tube or wherever because it is yours to do with as you please. Me, I choose to offer it for public sale, read carefully here- I am offering it to you and you and you out there! This ain't no exclusive party, you are all invited. By all means take up a little collection plate, there must be at least a few thousand of you punters! Raise the money and buy my film, then go and sync it and then post it for free on the web and be happy, we'll all be happy. For once put your money where your mouth is, I did.

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: March 13, 2007 09:56

shroomy - how much did you pay for this ?

Date: March 13, 2007 11:43

shroomy Wrote:
> Raise the money and
> buy my film, then go and sync it and then post it
> for free on the web and be happy, we'll all be
> happy. For once put your money where your mouth
> is, I did.

1) Fair enough. However, did you pay anywhere near 200 grand for it?

2) what was the 'reward' again for finding recordings of the other MSG shows,as mentioned in your original post? We seem to have got somewhat away from that subject.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 13, 2007 16:06

Pretty outrageous price to ask, especially without knowing percisely what you are getting. I suppose if everyone did pitch it to get it than share the film it would be doable. But for anyone to make this much money for video footage is a crime. Myself as a fan, I don't see why someone would not share this, unless you are just out to make some cash.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: March 13, 2007 16:43

Good point Hound Dog!

Date: March 13, 2007 18:21

A big thank you goes out to the fellow who came through with the other audio recordings. Now the arduous task of sound syncing can begin. In answer to the questions over the value of the film, let's put it in proper perspective here. Should the film or portions of it find their way into a home video release, the number of units sold would more than justify the asking price. The licensing rights are worth anywhere between $1500-$3000 per minute plus a few points on the release. How many documentaries and movies do you think will probably be made about the Stones in the future? This film is an investement, the new owner would have many options available to him to recoup his costs should he decide to go that route. I suppose he can also decide to give it to you guys for nothing. I don't care! If I don't get my price I do not sell the film and that's just fine too, because I know what the film is worth and what it will be worth later. I can't be swayed by complainers, I have no desire to give this away because someone wants to see it. Truth is I don't care at all who wants to see it, the price is 200K if you wanna play.

Date: March 13, 2007 18:41

shroomy Wrote:

>Does anybody have recordings of the first two nights at the Garden in July of 1972? I know of the third night July 26th sdbrd and complete audience tape but I really need the others. Reward for finding any audios will be great! Here's a small taste of the reward I am offering [www.youtube.com]

shroomy Wrote:
> Truth is I don't
> care at all who wants to see it, the price is 200K
> if you wanna play.

Sorry if I'm missing something here so I'll ask again as you seem unwilling to answer for some reason. Your first post suggested a 'reward' (namely this MSG video) for unearthing a couple of audios from 1972 shows, and now youre selling it for $200,000?

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: March 13, 2007 18:55

I see it this way: I don't need to see everything that's "available" somewhere. As long as there are some hidden treasures around, it's all the more exciting, to be a Stones fan.

Shroomy might be the rightful owner of the footage, fair enough - but that doesn't necessarily mean he's entitled to release or distribute it. In fact, I doubt anybody else would be, without approval of the Stones. So maybe shroomy is targeting them or their management as potential buyers? Or some filthy rich connoisseur? Maybe it'll be in the papers someday...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-13 19:13 by Greenblues.

Date: March 13, 2007 20:10

I was offering a sample of the footage to anyone who provided all 4 shows on audio. That offer was taken by someone already and I no longer have any need for audio, unless someone finds me soundboards!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1421
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home