Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2007 TOUR doesn't move me
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 8, 2007 14:21

The prospect of a tour this year ain't really exciting me.Uusually I am anxious and enthusiastic about such things.I have seen 100 plus Stones shows in various locations around the world,but this time around I am indifferent.Usually I organise my holiday plans around them.Not this time.If I am around I will catch the shows.I certainly aint going to bust a gut or loose sleep about these shows.I am still a huge fan,but not as crazy as I was.

Re: 2007 TOUR doesn't move me
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: March 8, 2007 14:44

Not another thread to that topic....!

Posted by: wälder ()
Date: March 8, 2007 14:49

Strange! I have the same feeling, Lost a bit of glimmer and glance

Wälder

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 8, 2007 14:56

Great... more space on the FOS!!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 8, 2007 15:20

and why do we need to know?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 8, 2007 16:40

I am NOT as excited as before either, but I wiull be glad to see a couple of shows.
I hope we'll get some cool songs, like in the US last year...

In France last year, we did NOT have Sway, so maybe this time...
I also look forward to hearing She Was Hot, Little T&A, Just my Imagination and many more rare stuff.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 8, 2007 16:44

Doesn't matter I'm so anxious that nobody on this forum will have to be ever again.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 8, 2007 16:44

I can't wait, instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 8, 2007 16:59

well i'm excited about it; can't hep it...sucker for the stones...
want to see the pix, read the reviews, get the boots, follow each show as best i can...
all fair criticisms...and many most excellent (and sometimes frustrating) debates aside, (about this or that)...
bottom line...i'm a fan...cain't hep it...
i don't need to know too much about the personal life stuff personally...but if they are working or getting ready to work, i'm always interested...moved...curious...hopeful...excited...

i always make time to search the cites papers' for reviews...and come by here to the tour page to see if any fan reviews are in...it moves me...just does.
it's like these weird stones antennae...i really wanna know about each and every gig as much as i can...
and i'm not likely to see them this year. still...i'm 'there' as much as i can be...got to know wassup with the boyz...got to know every night...it's a disease at this point i guess. in fact, someone better give me some kind of charlie watts recent news or update cause my charlie jones is kickin' up...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 8, 2007 17:08

All my 5 Euro shows went ahead last summer, so I'm maybe not as excited as some as I consider 2007 to be a nice bonus whereas this time last year I thought I wouldnt get any more shows after August 2006.

Still lookin' forward to it, although circumstances dictate that two Stones tours in successive summers mean a bit more financial restraint is required as I'd sort of banked on a 'light year' for 2007 in terms of concerts prior to Keith's adventures last spring . I'll reserve judgement on excitability until I see where theyre playing, what size of venues (the smaller the better) and what ticketing scams they have conjured up for this year. Hopefully the shows will be a bit fresher too.

Has to be said, a Stones tour announcement , the excitement that goes with it, the mad scramble for the tickets you want and deciding where to go see them is always a bit of an adrenalin rush. Wouldnt have it any other way.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 8, 2007 17:28

stargroover wrote: "The prospect of a tour this year ain't really exciting me.Uusually I am anxious and enthusiastic about such things.I have seen 100 plus Stones shows in various locations around the world,but this time around I am indifferent"

I have seen the Stones 33 times in various locations around the world, so far. Only one in my country (Greece). Even if my limit will be similar to yours, i feel very happy thinking that i have 67 plus Stones concerts until say "the prospect of a tour this year ain't really exciting me"...

I can't wait, again....

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 8, 2007 18:05

Maybe the exitement's no there 'cause there is no offcial info. My wife is hoping that there will be no tour and that we get to spend a month in Mexico this summer but me I'm hoping for a few shows (Paris June 16 eg)

When (and if) we start seeing the dates and places and arenas and stadiums and all, I for one will be exited as hell.

And as the Doc said in France (or at the other places I seen 'em last year) I didnt got to hear Sway so, yeah...I'm waiting

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 8, 2007 19:18

thats a good way to feel since there wont be a tour

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 8, 2007 20:58

Listen to how Ronnie played since Twickenham 2006, if you can't get excited about a summer tour I'm sorry for you.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 8, 2007 21:04

Cut the Crap as Keith would say. Here they come!!!!

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: March 8, 2007 21:11

Well it sucks that you can't be moved. It must be very hard for you (that's what she said). I think that you'll come around someday, and that day will be a very happy one for you and your loved ones. Until then, try and have a breakthrough emotionally.

Date: March 8, 2007 21:41

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thats a good way to feel since there wont be a
> tour

Stop being a total arse. Its embarrassing.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2007 21:44

Bring it on....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: March 8, 2007 22:05

Wow, I find myself agreeing with both Kent and Ablett. (Need my head examined?)

It's the Stones in Europe in the summertime - what's not to be excited about?!

Date: March 8, 2007 22:29

If your luck last year is anything to by, thats the whole tour jinxed.

Posted by: tjkeef ()
Date: March 9, 2007 00:15

I think I'm getting ANTICIPATION BURNOUT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: March 9, 2007 00:18

We're dissapointed at one side, but majorly spoiled at the other.

Jelle

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 9, 2007 06:10

sluissie Wrote:
> We're dissapointed at one side, but majorly
> spoiled at the other.
>
> Jelle

true for some of us, myself included. i'm getting anxious too - i'm ready to start planning the trip! the rest of the world is draining me...the snow never ends...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 9, 2007 06:29

I'm becoming disillusioned with the Rolling Stones.
Why are they leaving the fans hanging like this?
Either make a tour announcement, or kiss my ass!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 9, 2007 09:19

im not arranging anything too since the tour isnt announced yet.. when they do i find back my gold cards lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 9, 2007 09:33

Gazza Wrote:
> melillo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > thats a good way to feel since there wont be a
> > tour
>
>
> Stop being a total arse. Its embarrassing.

Glad you pointed it out Gazza, I was fumbling for the right choice of words ... you beat me to it. I don't think he's quite yet gotten over the fact that the Stones rescheduled their Atlantic City gig last year from Friday 27th October to Friday 17th November. Talk about holding a grudge ... this must be some kind of record !

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 9, 2007 10:44

Exactly! And those words are quite polite for someone who's such an obvious bundle of fun. NOT. I'm sure we'll all love to see whether the naysayers will be chiming in to eat public humble pie on this board when their predictions are proved untrue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-09 12:06 by Beast.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: March 9, 2007 11:04

Hairball Wrote:
> I'm becoming disillusioned with the Rolling
> Stones.
> Why are they leaving the fans hanging like this?
> Either make a tour announcement, or kiss my ass!

Tell me, what are they doing wrong? If you really want to go, you can wait, if you don't want to go, well, just plan whatever you want to do and just see what possibilities are left when the schedule is made public.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 9, 2007 11:36

Europe major acts tour schedule this summer is red-hot & tight.
I'm however pleased with the new date for Göteborg.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 9, 2007 11:41

"Wow, I find myself agreeing with both Kent and Ablett. (Need my head examined?)"

Charming.......

;-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home