Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: John Lydon
Date: December 17, 2009 21:17

The twit is at it again. Giving it large to Coldplay and Radiohead (please don't get me wrong, I care about neither) for doing it all for the money when he takes money for advertising butter.

The man is an embarrassment to himself not to mention butter!

Turd!

Re: OT: John Lydon
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 17, 2009 21:20

so true, and very funny post.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 17, 2009 21:37

i rarely disagee with you Craven (p.s...can we have Zamora back??)
but on this one, i'm going to have to.

He's an original maverick, has been responsible for some wonderful music, over the years, (not to mention one ofthe best autobiographies i've ever read), and i'd love to go for a pint with him and hear his stories.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2009 21:41

The man's a national treasure. Couldnt care less if he's a mass of contradictions - he's a riot!

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: December 17, 2009 22:06

Coldplay blows, and Johnny Rotten is cool...

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: December 17, 2009 22:10

Half a Shakespearean character, half Mr Bean. Lurv him unconditionally.

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: December 17, 2009 22:26

A friend of mine saw PIl last night at Leeds and he said after the show, Lydon came out and signed autographs for everyone and posed for photos. One guy had a Johnny Rotten tattoo on his back and Lydon signed his back so that the guy could have his signature tattooed as well. Here is a photo of the guy and Lydon:

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 18, 2009 07:14

He is an original and the Sex Pistols are legends in punk music. A pal of mine met him in Malibu,CA. and said that he was very cool and came across as a savvy guy.

For a rocker to come out after a gig,sign autographs and pose for pics with fans, is a noble gesture.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 18, 2009 07:40

In the early days of my company, Mr. Lydon was a fan of my clothing (unbeknownst to me) and actually called me up in Seattle to rave to me about it. It was the oddest and funniest call I have ever received. At first I thought it was a joke, but sure enough it was him. Odd, because I make vintage baseball stuff and he was the last person I thought would be interested in that...

Date: December 18, 2009 09:16

71 Tele- I also live in Seattle and play a Telecaster among other guitars. Where is your store?

Date: December 18, 2009 14:30

batcave
A friend of mine saw PIl last night at Leeds and he said after the show, Lydon came out and signed autographs for everyone and posed for photoS

what a complete legend.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 18, 2009 14:33

Coldplay and Radiohead is two really boring bands so I'll stick with Johnny...

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 18, 2009 14:50

The music scene of today should a lot different without never mind the bollocks!!

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: December 18, 2009 15:45

he's a tool

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 18, 2009 16:12

Gazza
The man's a national treasure. Couldnt care less if he's a mass of contradictions - he's a riot!

Amen to that! Long live the mighty force of nature that is John Lydon.

I'm going to see all three London PIL dates and I'm looking forward to them IMMENSELY!

If any of you are interested, Metal Box has been reissued. It's been remastered and sounds absolutely terrific. Also worth getting is the compilation, Plastic Box, which - along with Metal Box - is all the PIL you'll ever need.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 18, 2009 16:29

Aint the tickets dirt cheap as well.

Imagine where music would be now without the likes of the sex pistols??

As Gaz said, a national treasure.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: December 18, 2009 16:39

The leader of two important and totally different bands, amazingly creative and great artist. Talks pish sometimes but I forgive him smiling smiley

Who is in this version of PIL?, im nostalgically thinking of the great days with John Mcgeoch on guitar sigh.......

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 18, 2009 16:52

Lydon came out of my dog's ass, Bob Geldof has more musical talent...... Sex Pistols were a no talent circus side show

THE CLASH ARE THE TRUE PUNKS/ROCKERS - UNLIKE THE SEX PISTOLS, THEY HAD TALENT !!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 18, 2009 17:00

Dont think anyone needs a lecture on the merits of The Clash - the greatest act to have come out of the last 35 years - but thanks anyway.

The Sex Pistols were a one studio album band who broke up over 3 decades ago. Lydon's career and relevance didnt exactly end at that point.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 18, 2009 17:18

"Lydon came out of my dog's ass, Bob Geldof has more musical talent...... Sex Pistols were a no talent circus side show

THE CLASH ARE THE TRUE PUNKS/ROCKERS - UNLIKE THE SEX PISTOLS, THEY HAD TALENT !!!"

how many punkbands in the 70's have talent?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-18 17:19 by steffiestones.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 18, 2009 17:46

<< 71 Tele- I also live in Seattle and play a Telecaster among other guitars. Where is your store? >>

Do you know where Emerald City Guitars is in Pioneer Square? We're near there. I have a bunch of other vintage guitars too, including three telecasters. Good to meet another Seattle person here! Do you play in a band?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-18 17:56 by 71Tele.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 18, 2009 17:53

"how many punkbands in the 70's have talent?"

Describe what you think talent is?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 18, 2009 17:53

"Public Image"

"Death Disco" - sounding particularly strong.

This repertoire must be a challenge for a new guitarist--it seems against the spirit of the band to copy Levene's parts. That said, this guy has a nice tone, more polished than Levene but still the right mood.

Date: December 18, 2009 21:06

Death Disco is sounding great!

Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 18, 2009 22:39

batcave
A friend of mine saw PIl last night at Leeds and he said after the show, Lydon came out and signed autographs for everyone and posed for photos. One guy had a Johnny Rotten tattoo on his back and Lydon signed his back so that the guy could have his signature tattooed as well. Here is a photo of the guy and Lydon:

He looks like Bowie with rotten teeth in this pic.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: December 18, 2009 22:48

Adrian-L

He's an original maverick, has been responsible for some wonderful music, over the years, (not to mention one ofthe best autobiographies i've ever read), and i'd love to go for a pint with him and hear his stories.

I agree with everything positive said here, The world is a far better place because he is here. He may get ridiculous sometimes but that is also what makes him great.

Date: December 19, 2009 00:41

71 Tele- How ya doin'?

I live in Belltown. I know exactly where Emerald City Guitars is. The vintage guitars they have are awesome. I am a lefty, therefore, I get most of my Fender guitars either new, or through London from Japan. Otherwise, I would do business there.

I don't play in a band due to my work schedule. After 37 years, I admit that I am not a technically savvy guitarist and I am weak from a musical theory perspective. On the other hand, I can play Hendrix,SRV,Buddy Guy, Stones etc... note for note know my pent. scales etc....

I will stop by your store sometime soon to say hello. I don't have to return to work until March, so I have alot of free time right now.

While we are on the topic of The Sex Pistols, I do like Steve Jones alot. How about you?

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: December 23, 2009 18:03

Sir Craven of Cottage
The twit is at it again. Giving it large to Coldplay and Radiohead (please don't get me wrong, I care about neither) for doing it all for the money when he takes money for advertising butter.

The man is an embarrassment to himself not to mention butter!

Turd!

I'm not agree with you.

Lydon/Rotten is complety in his caracter.

He always said that the Pistols/PiL reunion was for money. I think it's partialy true. I think he wants to show where the music of now came from.

The Pistols album is a must have.
The PiL albums until 'album' are a must have.
Whithout him and his groups, the today's music will be completely different.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 23, 2009 19:03

Mr>lydon is many things but never boring.

Date: December 23, 2009 19:06

Lydon is a bell end!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home