Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Looking Ahead to 2010
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 17, 2009 10:20

DiamondDog7
I hope they WON'T tour next year!

Just stay at home and let me wear my white shirt with a faded tongue and dance and sing out of tune and take whatever they are able and willing to give me.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:50

Gazza
RG
I hope we can count on Ronnie next year! And if there will be a new album, I hope to see more blues songs in it.

White corporate audiences aren't interested in hearing blues music in vast football stadiums, and (probably for that reason) Chuck Leavell is on record as saying that Jagger is reluctant to tackle more than one ballad per show. In his eyes, playing slow blues songs will see the audience losing interest.

Mick's (probably) right on that score. That being the case, I still maintain that if they REALLY gave it some thought they could actually devise a show and pitch it to a particular type of audience in any number of smaller venues. Although I don't care for him myself, your man Bruce sets the benchmark for delivering what his audiences want. Wish the Stones would take a leaf out of his book

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:55

DiamondDog7

Let them give a good reason to tour. Not just because of a new album or when they "needed" the money.
I'm getting sick and tired to see them again and again starting off with Start Me Up or Brown Sugar. The middle age people with a far too long white tongue logo t-short shouting and dancing out of tune. Mick dancing his new moves. Keith is posing the tough guy on stage without concentrating on his playing. It's getting rather boring and rather annoying!!
They should only come up on stage again with another anniversary or something. Nothing else!

Don't get me wrong. I really do like the Stones. But my good memories of The Stones goes to the rise in 60s, the upcoming rock arena in the 70s! Those highlights you know...
But hey, it's just my opinion.

I am not wise as you seem to be .What you wrote isn't that wrong but there is a little distorsion in it.
They should come up on stage but differently .
BTW ,what do you call "middle age people " ? What age ? cool smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2009 15:30

paulywaul

Mick's (probably) right on that score. That being the case, I still maintain that if they REALLY gave it some thought they could actually devise a show and pitch it to a particular type of audience in any number of smaller venues.

Absolutely. That said, the Stones' target audience demographic has changed. Look at the average setlist from as recently as the late 90s. No qualms about playing a significant amount of new material, a few ballads here and there plus the requisite warhorses. With prices being what they are, its a different type of audience, so the show gets tailored to the '40 Licks' type ticketbuyer. Theyre the ones paying the most money, so a classic case of the tail wagging the dog.

paulywaul
Although I don't care for him myself, your man Bruce sets the benchmark for delivering what his audiences want. Wish the Stones would take a leaf out of his book

I think its more of a two-way thing. He'll tailor a show more towards the sort of fans who know his work beyond the big hits. Even in a stadium. Its almost a challenge to himself and the band to pull something out of the hat that will test them. I also think its an issue of having more faith in your own body of work and your ability to keep an audience engaged and focussed. In the last few years, dont forget, he's done some very musically diverse types of tours (E Street Band, solo and the Seeger sessions tour) - understandably even some big fans can't appreciate the whole spectrum, but he follows his own muse and if it means some big hits being dropped from the set for a few years at a time, so be it.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 17, 2009 17:27

And the E Street Band can play their instruments.

That's a big difference.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 17, 2009 22:36

leteyer
DiamondDog7

Just stay at home and let me wear my white shirt with a faded tongue and dance and sing out of tune and take whatever they are able and willing to give me.

LOL

You can do all of that! As long as I don't see it on every newsitem! grinning smiley LOL

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 17, 2009 22:40

SwayStones
DiamondDog7

Let them give a good reason to tour. Not just because of a new album or when they "needed" the money.
I'm getting sick and tired to see them again and again starting off with Start Me Up or Brown Sugar. The middle age people with a far too long white tongue logo t-short shouting and dancing out of tune. Mick dancing his new moves. Keith is posing the tough guy on stage without concentrating on his playing. It's getting rather boring and rather annoying!!
They should only come up on stage again with another anniversary or something. Nothing else!

Don't get me wrong. I really do like the Stones. But my good memories of The Stones goes to the rise in 60s, the upcoming rock arena in the 70s! Those highlights you know...
But hey, it's just my opinion.

I am not wise as you seem to be .What you wrote isn't that wrong but there is a little distorsion in it.
They should come up on stage but differently .
BTW ,what do you call "middle age people " ? What age ? cool smiley

grinning smiley
Ok ok ok, easy now. Let me just say that I respect ALL Stones fans. Really! But I hate it when newsitems are showing audiences with some 'ugly' people in it, dancing and shouting out of tune. But hey, those people are also cool... sort of. eye rolling smiley LOL

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 17, 2009 23:22

i hope there will be a new album and that they will really promote it, not like ABB. i don't like the idea of a new tour without a new album..
i mean, i would go to see them anyway, but i am waiting for new material

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 18, 2009 22:17

Souurce: RS.com

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 19, 2009 15:43

I could "suggest" them to save their "warhorses" for us here in Russia)). Folks here have seen maximum 2 tours and only in 2 cities, Moscow and St-Peterburg. (No chance for other places, I think, with high ticket pricessad smiley( ) Nobody`s sick and tired yet neither of HTW, nor JJF or any other... Personally I`d embrace all them,as well as new and rare ones. MAybe different setlist for different countries could more satisfy the audience...
Oh,let them just get here...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home