Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How long after a tour announcement before tickets on sale?
Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: January 16, 2007 00:14

Not having been at the stage of waiting for a tour to be announced before, I was wondering if tickets are ready to be sold as soon as the announcement is made, or if there is another gap before the credit card needs to come out?

Thanks

Re: How long after a tour announcement before tickets on sale?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 16, 2007 00:17

the may 10th 05 tour announcement came something like two hours before the first tickets went on sale.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 16, 2007 00:21

I would say, minimum notice would be the next morning (after the press conference), before the first set of dates go on sale. They tend to put various dates on sale on different days, for example, lets say they do 20 shows, then they will not all go onsale on the same day.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2007 00:37

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the may 10th 05 tour announcement came something
> like two hours before the first tickets went on
> sale.

If I'm not mistaken, when Cohl made the Licks tour announcement in May 2002 at Van Cortlandt Park, he actually announced that tickets for some of the shows had ALREADY gone on sale that morning. Nice one, Michael.

Generally in Europe it can be anything from a couple of days notice to a couple of weeks. Varies from one country to another as there are different promoters and different ticket selling outlets from one area to the next. Dont forget also, they have to get some time to unleash the rs.com and various sponsors' pre-sales scams on the unsuspecting public first.

Date: January 16, 2007 02:16

That's why we have bv here keeping an eye on things and relaying us the inside info... thanks bv!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home