Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Brussels Affair- Just Release It!
Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 13, 2009 21:49

here's a MP3 of SFM London 1973 for 71Tele

STF - London 1973

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 13, 2009 21:54

If they released this record, a lot of the same people saying now that it should be released would be the same people whose reaction when it was announced would be along the lines of 'why release it? We already have it in perfect quality?'

A 1973 show fits on to one CD. A nice compromise would be to release a 2-CD set consisting of the full Brussels show plus one other from the same tour (eg one of the Wembley shows)

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:03

<< If they released this record, a lot of the same people saying now that it should be released would be the same people whose reaction when it was announced would be along the lines of 'why release it? We already have it in perfect quality?' >>

Not me! It would be great to have good packaging and liner notes that an official release would bring, along with perhaps, the complete concert(s). I am also interested in what the critical reaction would be, though we might see reviews along the lines of what that bonehead from The Guardian did with ya-Yas.

Date: December 13, 2009 22:13

Didnt suggest it was you (I wouldnt complain either), but it would certainly happen.

Those of us who collect all this unreleased stuff often forget that most Stones fans who would be interested in it probably haven't already heard it.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:14

@with sssoul, didn't see your last post before now - ha ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-13 22:40 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:38

71Tele
If they released this the critical acclaim (and possibly sales) would be similar to many of the Dylan "Bootleg Series" releases.

Not a chance, the Stones' sales are in an all time low, they are selling worse than the Ramones. A Brussels release could move 50k tops, the potential buyers already have the album in boot form and the general public is not interested in the Stones as physical product.

Date: December 13, 2009 22:49

<< Not a chance, the Stones' sales are in an all time low, they are selling worse than the Ramones. A Brussels release could move 50k tops, the potential buyers already have the album in boot form and the general public is not interested in the Stones as physical product. >>

Are their CD sales really that low? How do they sell so many concert tickets and have such terrible record sales? You might be over-estimating the percentage of fans who have boots. How is Ya-Yas selling?

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: December 13, 2009 22:50

georgelicks
71Tele

Not a chance, the Stones' sales are in an all time low, they are selling worse than the Ramones. A Brussels release could move 50k tops, the potential buyers already have the album in boot form and the general public is not interested in the Stones as physical product.

Oh really, is that a fact or speculation?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:30

If it was a fact I would hirer him as my prophet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-13 23:34 by NICOS.

Date: December 13, 2009 23:32

<< Not a chance, the Stones' sales are in an all time low, they are selling worse than the Ramones. A Brussels release could move 50k tops, the potential buyers already have the album in boot form and the general public is not interested in the Stones as physical product. >>

You have me quoted as saying this, coffeepotman, but it was Georgelicks.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 13, 2009 23:56

71Tele
<< If they released this record, a lot of the same people saying now that it should be released would be the same people whose reaction when it was announced would be along the lines of 'why release it? We already have it in perfect quality?' >>

Not me! It would be great to have good packaging and liner notes that an official release would bring, along with perhaps, the complete concert(s). I am also interested in what the critical reaction would be, though we might see reviews along the lines of what that bonehead from The Guardian did with ya-Yas.

most boot boxed sets have better packaging than official stuff anyway so that wouldnt be the reason to buy it, i admit i am one of the people who said why release it if we already have it in perfect quality but that was before i realized we could get the complete shows plus bonus, that would be worth it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-14 00:05 by melillo.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:21

Go here and get it for free:

[www.wolfgangsvault.com]

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:54

Since this is a KBFH show I don't think the Stones even own the rights to the show. Wolfgangs Vault probably owns the show and it would be they who could release it officially if the Stones agree.

I know WV is negotiating with the bands to get permission to offer MP3 and FLAC downloads of the shows in their vault but I believe the Stones are one of the bands still holding out.

Like all the other stuff in the Stones and others vaults I don't see this happening as Sir Mick would never allow it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-14 00:55 by oldschool.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:54

NICOS

Just look at the sales for the historic Rock and Roll Circus (album peaked at #92 in U.S, the VHS/DVD has sold under the 100k mark, and that was in the 90's), Rarities (#91 in U.S, sales 50k), Ya-Ya's (didn't chart at all, sales under 10k so far) and ALL the other remasters this year.
Who would buy a 37 years old recording which is available for free in internet?
Some baby boomers and the few die hard fans still around, that's all.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:55

71Tele
I doubt those '73 shows were filmed...I just saw some footage on YouTube of Tumbling Dice live in LA from '75. That version is already a steep step down from '73.

Maybe you like to watch this SFM version,Tele.It´s most likely from Franfurt´73
and definetly not as good as London´s one but sure worth a look and listen...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 14, 2009 00:58

georgelicks
NICOS

Just look at the sales for the historic Rock and Roll Circus (album peaked at #92 in U.S, the VHS/DVD has sold under the 100k mark, and that was in the 90's), Rarities (#91 in U.S, sales 50k), Ya-Ya's (didn't chart at all, sales under 10k so far) and ALL the other remasters this year.
Who would buy a 37 years old recording which is available for free in internet?
Some baby boomers and the few die hard fans still around, that's all.

In all honesty all your mentioned Stones releases are mediocre at best, and personally I find Ya-Ya's a crying shame -50 euro's for one new song and a couple of different takes of known songs. No wonder the average buyer won't buy it.

Mathijs

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 14, 2009 01:25

71Tele
I doubt those '73 shows were filmed...I just saw some footage on YouTube of Tumbling Dice live in LA from '75. That version is already a steep step down from '73.

O ye of little faith: [www.iorr.org]

By the way Gazza, does your version have dubbed or original sound?

Date: December 14, 2009 01:27

My version of what? I didnt mention anything in this thread about video.

Date: December 14, 2009 01:28

<< Maybe you like to watch this SFM version,Tele.It´s most likely from Franfurt´73
and definetly not as good as London´s one but sure worth a look and listen... >>

Thanks SFF! This was great. Are there any more clips from this show?

Date: December 14, 2009 01:31

That's Frankfurt. It was shown on the Old Grey Whistle Test on the BBC a few weeks later, after an in-studio interview with Billy Preston. They didnt show anything else from the show, however.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 14, 2009 01:33

That clip aired originally on the OGWT show in early 1974 I believe, it is from Sept 30, 1973 - it is on many Boot DVD's in wonderful Quality (for the age)

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 14, 2009 07:48

Gazza
My version of what? I didnt mention anything in this thread about video.

Didn't mean to be cryptic.

I had linked to a thread about Rolling Stones Express, which contains video of Brussels 1973 along with dubbed sound.

You mentioned that you have a copy of this video. Did you ever confirm whether your copy has dubbed sound?

Here is an old message on this:

Smokey
Gazza
Smokey
Gazza
What's circulated is all that was filmed.

The circulating pro shot from that show was filmed as raw news footage for a BBC news report. The footage was then 'borrowed' from the BBC archives by an enterprising employee who just happened to be a Stones collector (and who also happens to be an IORR member) who then made a copy from the master tape before returning it.

Thanks for the info.

Did the BBC film without sound? (All the concert footage is dubbed.)

It is? News to me. My first copy of this came from a low generation VHS tape direct from the guy who borrowed it - several years before it was appeared as a bootleg DVD (I dont think DVDs were even invented then). Certainly wasnt dubbed.

Thanks for following up.

Maybe you have the holy grail. As indicated earlier, Pepin uploaded the Rolling Stones Express video: [www.iorr.org]

It has Star Star and Silver Train dubs during the live footage. My recollection is that Silver Train was an alternative version and Star Star the album version, but I did not double check this. If your version has original, live sound, it would be great to hear (and see)!

Posted by: BrianfkinTaylor ()
Date: November 17, 2011 02:11

Just seen on facebook they're releasing it, cool interviews of Keith

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 17, 2011 02:22

Always fun to see some of my old post confused smiley

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: November 17, 2011 02:59

I WANT IT ON A CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 17, 2011 03:10

BrianfkinTaylor
Just seen on facebook they're releasing it, cool interviews of Keith

also linked thru it from facebook (14 tracks for $4.99 download). do you think this will be on cd or download only?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 03:21

Just to have a definitive live version of YCAGWYW with Taylor's sky-hooking riffs would be epic.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 17, 2011 03:33

stupidguy2
Just to have a definitive live version of YCAGWYW with Taylor's sky-hooking riffs would be epic.
thumbs up

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 03:37

Maybe a friend from USA can send us the files.

Sadly we don´t live in US.

smileys with beer

Date: November 17, 2011 03:52

The rest of the world will be getting it soon, I would imagine. An announcement is due shortly.

Really hope there's going to be some way of purchasing this for download to a computer and not just to a phone.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2175
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home