Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T - Cliff at number 1???
Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 14, 2006 16:45

Just read this begging letter on a Cliffy forum (don't ask what I was doing on a Cliffy forum).

"You may be aware that Cliff has released a new single this week. It is a double A side featuring a new version of Move It with Brian Bennett and Brian May as guest artists. The mid week chart position today is No 4 and Cliff is only a few thousand sales behind so a No 1 is realistically within his reach.

Not only will it mean a No 1 for Cliff - it will also mean Cliff will have had a No 1 in six decades. This is an achievement that will be unequalled ever again. It will also mean that Brian Bennett will be back in the No 1 position.

Sales are unbelieveable low this week so there is a one week window before the big Christmas singles are released to get Cliff and Brian to the No 1 position. Brian is very excited about the mid week position and would encourage Shadows fans to buy it. Brian May is also promoting it on the Queen website.

We need vast purchases of the single before Saturday close of business so if you would like to help Cliff and Brian achieve that No 1 record please buy the record from a chart shop - Virgin / HMV / Woolies etc."

You have to admit having a number 1 record in 6 decades is some feat. "Move it" was probably the first real English rock and roll song, however the other 'a' side to this single is the usual cliff quasi religious,xmas,dross.

Re: O.T - Cliff at number 1???
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 14, 2006 18:18

Cliff Richard No 1 at Christmas is a tradition, no? I think the last one was Millenium Prayer. God that was embarrising.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 14, 2006 18:24

a little Mistletoe & Wine, anyone?

Posted by: Brumstone ()
Date: December 14, 2006 18:40

I really f*cking loathe cliff. Should have been smothered at birth.

With a smile on your face and a tear right in your eye

Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: December 14, 2006 19:03

You and both Brumstone!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 14, 2006 19:05

Sorry Turd but we have to know the answer to that question - i.e., just WHAT exactly were you doing on a Cliffy forum???!!!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 14, 2006 19:05

Brumstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really f*cking loathe cliff. Should have been
> smothered at birth.

did you collect roadkill as a child?

Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: December 14, 2006 19:13

Sorry missed a word from my comment.You would hardly guess that English was my first (and only - OK I'm pretty good at American and Aussie) language. It should have read "you and me both Brumstone!" I find Cliff loathsome too.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 14, 2006 19:33

There was the story that Andrew Oldham got Keith to use RICHARD as his surname in the early days because of Cliff Richard. I don't know if thats true as the is of course the story over his falling out with his father.

I have nothing against Cliff personlly. Musically? Hmmm... I suppose you could describe his very early releases as rock 'n' roll.

Re: O.T.
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 14, 2006 19:50

>> There was the story that Andrew Oldham got Keith to use RICHARD as his surname in the early days because of Cliff Richard. <<

it's also been said to be an allusion to Little Richard,
and just because it's easier to spell the possessive form of names that don't end in s.
i personally find that theory the most convincing.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: December 14, 2006 19:52

Dr. Huxtable is back on the charts?!?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home