Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's two solo records bridge arrangements
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 13, 2006 13:31

I like keith's two solo records but what is lacking with the music is the lack of BRIDGE ARRANGEMENTS.I understand MJ would write most of the Bridge arrangements on stones songs just my opinion for what it is worth out here .

Re: Keith's two solo records bridge arrangements
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 13, 2006 14:26

Well yeah, I agree to some degree.
Mick is quite the opposite, on his solo efforts he tends to have too much of the cake iceing in his songs.
It just goes to show that the united Glimmertwins are at their best.

Date: December 13, 2006 14:34

IMO these songs have cool bridges:

Struggle
Make No Mistake
Wicked As It Seems
Eileen (instrumental bridge)

Many of Keith's songs are jams developed on the groove. They are not "hit-made". I think there are both pros and cons with that kind of songwriting. It works great on songs like You Don't Move Me, Big Enough, Hate It When You Leave, 999. Rockawhile, Bodytalks and Will But You Won't do not work that well IMO

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 13, 2006 15:56

Keith himself remarked on the main difference between his solo work and the Stones was that more unstructured approach to songs on his solo stuff...which he said wouldn't work in the Stones.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 13, 2006 18:57

I like the Keiths solo albums for the great gutiar playing but only a handful of the songs are really great IMHO. I think like Lieber Keith needs his Stoller, ie. Mick. I think they need in each other to bring out the best that each has.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home