Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Did anyone receive an official list of BEACON CONTEST WINNERS?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:40

?

There were 2 contests...
one for fan club members, another gen'l public...
?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-10 01:10 by schillid.

Re: Did anyone receive an OFFICIAL LIST of BEACON CONTEST WINNERS?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:41

knowing rs.com, probably BS.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:49

For privacy reasons there is no way in hell RS.com or the casting department (for people who got in as extras) would release such a list. I met several people there who won via the fan club essay competition thing.

Just to dispel rumors, the show was actually attended by fans, especially the 2nd night. The exception being the 50 to 100 extras hired by Scorsese. The rest of the 1900 seats were taken up by awesome fans who danced away all night. It was the only show I've ever attended where I heard the entire crowd singing along on almost every single song, including She Was Hot.

-Drake

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:51

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For privacy reasons there is no way in hell RS.com
> or the casting department (for people who got in
> as extras) would release such a list. I met
> several people there who won via the fan club
> essay competition thing.

yeah but as far as I recall when the competition was announced, they did say that a list of winners would be provided upon request

Date: December 9, 2006 21:59

I thought they said they would 'announce' the winners, meaning they'd contact everyone individually. I still don't understand why anyone would want a list of the winners, unless they wanna write each and every one of them and tell them they didn't deserve to win. Is there a good reason for such a list to made public?

-Drake

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:59

Gazza Wrote:
> drake Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > For privacy reasons there is no way in hell
> RS.com
> > or the casting department (for people who got
> in
> > as extras) would release such a list. I met
> > several people there who won via the fan club
> > essay competition thing.
>
>
> yeah but as far as I recall when the competition
> was announced, they did say that a list of winners
> would be provided upon request

Damn it, I want names, addresses, phone numbers, sexual preferences and bust sizes (where applicable).

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 9, 2006 22:09

Gazza Wrote:
>

You're right - they did say that and gave an e-mail address to write to for the list of winners.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 9, 2006 22:21

Here's the official list:

1. StonesTod
2. ********** system error ************

Date: December 9, 2006 22:28

Erik works for RS.com

-Drake

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 9, 2006 22:29

He does? Glad to hear it. I'll be seeing him in London in April. At least now I know who to punch....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 9, 2006 22:35

****HOT NEWS FROM RS.COM****

Dear Fans!
To celebrate the the end of this magnificent Stones-year, topped by 2 concerts at the Beacon, we are proud to present....

The StonesTod mask, on a stick, in the same size as the legendary Mick, Rod, Keith and Charlie masks.
This Tod-mask will feature an extra bonus....A hand (on a stick) with a copy of the Beacon ticket glued to the fingers!

This special item will only be sold to RS.com platinum members, who renew subscription this December.
Price for the Tod-mask...99,99 dollars only!

Regards,
Erik, agent for RS.com

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 9, 2006 22:48

any stones "extras" here get word on upcoming work in january at the beacon?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 9, 2006 23:16

actually they have to provide a list of contest winners on request -
did those of you who want it try requesting it? or would that spoil all the fun? :E

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 9, 2006 23:34

Erik , do you accept PAYPAL ?

Date: December 9, 2006 23:40

There was a rumor going around about the Stones going back to the Beacon in early 07, but nothings been confirmed. Furthermore its not known whether any of the extras from before will be used again. If Scorsese is gonna shoot again at the Beacon it'll probably be to get closeups and weird camera shots. Its all up for speculation.

-Drake

Date: December 10, 2006 00:30

It says this at the bottom:
WINNERS LIST: To find out who won, e-mail "Beacon Theatre Contest" at ticketgiveaway@rollingstones.com.
Did anyone request this list?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Terms and Conditions
VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.

HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on October 17, 2006 and ends at Noon Eastern Standard Time (EST) on October 25, 2006. To enter the contest fill out the contest entry form on RollingStones.com and tell us why you should win. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries or mechanically reproduced mail-in entries will be accepted. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incorrect, mis-addressed, postage-due, or misdirected entries or mail. Entrants need not be present to win. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned to entrants.

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: An eligible entry must be received as described above. Enter only once. Multiple entries will result in disqualification. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. Neither UltraStar Entertainment LLC, RollingStones.com, or their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, nor any telephone network or service providers, is responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading of any materials in this contest. Proof of entering information at Web site and/or proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.

WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected on or around October 25, 2006 by Ultrastar Entertainment LLC whose decisions are final. Winning entries will be judged on quality, originality, sincerity, clarity and communicative ability. By accepting prize, winner consents to the use of name, voice and/or photographs for promotional purposes, including but not limited to the posting of winners' names online or other online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If, in the Ultrastar Entertainment LLC's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the contest, the Ultrastar Entertainment LLC reserves the right to void any entries at issue and/or to modify or terminate this contest, in whole or in part, at any time without notice and award the prizes using all eligible entries received as of this termination date. Entrants entering the contest must be able and willing to attend the show for which they enter the drawing. Tickets admit the winners only - they cannot be copied, transferred, shared or sold to anyone else. The Fan Club reserves the right to revoke tickets to any contest winner it feels appropriate with no need for explanation. The Rolling Stones reserve the right to refuse admission, or to eject any person whose conduct the management deems to be disorderly or intrusive upon the enjoyment of other guests.

PRIZES: * Winners will receive one (1) pair of tickets to see the Rolling Stones at the Beacon Theatre on October 29th or October 31st, 2006. Winner is responsible for, and must be able to provide and/or obtain transportation.

CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.

ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to those who are 18 years of age and older at time of entry and are members of The Rolling Stones Fan Club, RollingStones.com. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members, of UltraStar Entertainment LLC, RollingStones.com, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Winner agrees that UltraStar Entertainment LLC, RollingStone.com, Commercial, and their respective affiliates, agents and employees, shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. Ultrastar Entertainment LLC reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner. U.S. and New York State law governs this contest.

WINNERS LIST: To find out who won, e-mail "Beacon Theatre Contest" at ticketgiveaway@rollingstones.com.
SPONSOR & PROMOTER: The sponsor and promoter of this contest is UltraStar Entertainment, LLC.

Date: December 10, 2006 00:46

Schillid, why don't you request it, if you're interested? just curious.

Date: December 10, 2006 00:47

with sssoul Wrote:
> Schillid, why don't you request it, if you're
> interested? just curious.

I did.. weeks ago.

I emailed them again today. I am curious how many people won. I think that they are required by law to supply a list of winners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-10 00:52 by schillid.

Date: December 10, 2006 00:51

ah so. so are you going to ask the appropriate authorities to look into it?

Date: December 10, 2006 00:52

with sssoul Wrote:
> ah so. so are you going to ask the appropriate
> authorities to look into it?

Yeah right... who is that?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 10, 2006 00:58

The hell with Scorcese,somebody call Oliver Stone. I smell a conspiracy!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 10, 2006 01:04

LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 10, 2006 01:10

Literally!!

Re: Did anyone receive an official list of BEACON CONTEST WINNERS?
Date: December 10, 2006 01:21

>> Yeah right... who is that? <<

the regulations you posted mention New York State law, right? the state's attorney's office would probably be a start.
if it really bugs you, that is - reporting it to someone like that seems like it would be more fruitful than reporting it here.

Posted by: Payphone Al ()
Date: December 10, 2006 01:23

I would also like to know how many winners there were. I know I probably made the essay list. At least they called me and told me to pick up tickets for the Halloween show, but I was a day late getting there.

Sorry I missed Stones Tod in New York. I did get to meet Drake on the sidewalk outside the bar before the show.

Posted by: JJFlash88 ()
Date: December 10, 2006 01:26

never... i emailed then for it too.....idk what to think!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 10, 2006 02:14

Payphone Al Wrote:
> I would also like to know how many winners there
> were. I know I probably made the essay list. At
> least they called me and told me to pick up
> tickets for the Halloween show, but I was a day
> late getting there.

but with the postponement, you had TWO days to get the tickets!

drake, i hope you'll let us know if you hear anything about needs for "extras" winking smiley

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 10, 2006 02:30

Gazza Wrote:
> drake Wrote:
> -----
> > For privacy reasons there is no way in hell
> RS.com
> > or the casting department (for people who got
> in
> > as extras) would release such a list. I met
> > several people there who won via the fan club
> > essay competition thing.
>
>

They did and i asked for one that week, but never got it.

My reason for asking, was merely to see how many actually won

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-10 02:31 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: December 10, 2006 02:37

Just on this, I know the comp was void in Hawaii etc (why???), but was it only open to USA or Nth America - rs.com is just so "US Centric" it's like the rest of the world doesn't exist. The question here is could someone down under have won?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 10, 2006 02:39

schillid Wrote:
> with sssoul Wrote:
> -----
> > ah so. so are you going to ask the appropriate
> > authorities to look into it?
>
>
> Yeah right... who is that?

Sgt. Joe Friday and Officer Bill Gannon
They're in L.A.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home