Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Rolling Stones Anthology?
Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: December 3, 2006 00:43

I´ve just been watching The Beatles marvellous anthology on DVD again, and as always I come to think of the obvious:
Wouldn´t it be great if the Stones also could produce a real anthology on DVD, instead of another documentary from the resent tour? Just think of all the tons of footage they have from all these years...

Re: A Rolling Stones Anthology?
Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: December 3, 2006 01:48

its quite strange but i used to always wonder what certain songs would look like on dvd/video/tv and was always left dissapointed that any stones tv programmes didnt do any justice to the stones ability.

then i came across you-tube and seen so many previously unseen footage of stones performances it made me wonder why some of this was never released by the stones in the first place on video.

best examples were video of "we love you" and "silver train"

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 3, 2006 01:50

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 05:18 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 3, 2006 07:46

Putting something like an Anthology together requires people with free time, a record company that is willing to work with you every step of the way, and a producer and production team that you can trust to get it right. I don't think the Stones have any of that.

The least they could do is update and rerelease 25X5. I found that to be quite interesting at the time, hits all the high points, has some great comments from the boys, and the music clips, although much too short, were all great choices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-03 07:48 by drbryant.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 3, 2006 10:08

if there will be an "anthology "out one day,,? i guess,there will be voice over talk in the vids & cut vids..etc.......

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: December 3, 2006 16:07

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Putting something like an Anthology together
> requires people with free time, a record company
> that is willing to work with you every step of the
> way, and a producer and production team that you
> can trust to get it right. I don't think the
> Stones have any of that.
>
You´re probably right. A pity really. The band itself also has to be highly motivated to get such a project off the ground.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 3, 2006 17:55

bring it on...........just call up Ken Burns (great documentary filmmaker).....10-2 hour installments.........if ya don't believe me, check out his Jazz doc............greenbacks make the world go round......the Stones have a few of em.......no excuses

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home