Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The "Birds"
Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: December 1, 2006 02:33

I just picked up the CD: the Collectors Guide to rare British Birds. This is an awesome album, their cover of the Whos Run Run Run is awesome, as is there take on Leaving Here (a motown song the Who also covered in their early days). Their takes on Bo Diddleys "You Dont Love Me", give it a very grungy heavy song. These guys were definetly hard rock, they sound like a cross between the early who and kinks. Of course these are Ronnies first recordings, which is why I bring it up here. I assume he was their lead guitar player. I know after the birds he joined the creation (another great forgotten group). Anyway what are your thoughts on these guys?

Re: The "Birds"
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 1, 2006 03:17

I have it too and I love it. That CD contains everything they ever recorded. 4 singles and a few demoes. They were up there with The Who on the London club circit, but just didn't make it when it came to records. I think its because they were a little TOO heavy. They made a few TV appearances including a film called The Killer Bees.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 1, 2006 08:19

yeah, that Birds album is mighty mighty fine! absolutely recommended

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 1, 2006 13:42

Heere is the link to the bands page on Wikipedia.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home