Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: a Stones-album , your bought--and was Dissapointef
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: December 9, 2009 19:11

Loudei
Its a stupid question. I ve bought many albums that sucked at the first listen and then suddenly were great... Exile was something I just didnt get but later on it became the best for me... I think they have released some terrible stuff that remained terrible after the first listen.

Dirty Work
Voodoo Lounge
Shine A Light (concert soundtrack)

Exactly, it took me a while to dig Exile and Beggars Banquet, and now I can't imagine life without them (I bought BB when I was a dumb kid and thought if it wasn't loud electric guitars, it wasn't good).

Biggest dissapointments for me:
1.) B2B
2.) Dirty Work
3.) Got Live If You Want It (album; original ep is one of their best live works)
4.) Between The Buttons

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 9, 2009 19:29

Ya Ya's Reissue, I have to admit. 50 euros for a one time listen. Maybe it's just that I am not used to paying for Stones releases anymore, but it feels very expensive.

Mathijs

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 9, 2009 19:37

Undercover. Absolute toss.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 10, 2009 01:55

Steel Wheels!

I was just 11 years old and I bought on cassette. The only song I've really liked was 'Can't Be Seen'.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 10, 2009 01:59

DiamondDog7
Steel Wheels!

I was just 11 years old and I bought on cassette. The only song I've really liked was 'Can't Be Seen'.

Seriously? Man, that's the worst song on the whole record in my opinion. Interesting to see someone with the opposite opinion. I always thought the intro sounded like opening to some cheesy sports show on HBO.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 10, 2009 02:19

theimposter
DiamondDog7
Steel Wheels!

Seriously? Man, that's the worst song on the whole record in my opinion. Interesting to see someone with the opposite opinion. I always thought the intro sounded like opening to some cheesy sports show on HBO.

I forgot to say...

I was 11 years old. The only records I had were 'Rewind', 'More Hot Rocks' and 'Tattoo You'. I wasn't into the big classics yet. So I hadn't had a good reference or a context.
I only loved the song 'Can't Be Seen' because Keith said "Oooh Shit"! LOL

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home