Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar solos in Broadway JJF
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 5, 2009 16:18

Does anyone know who plays the guitar solos in JJF on the third Broadway CD? I have seen it listed on different websites as both Keith and as Mick T.

I can't listen to the Ya-Yas JJF anymore without thinking something is missing sad smiley

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Re: Guitar solos in Broadway JJF
Posted by: MTWEMISSYOU ()
Date: December 5, 2009 16:39

Without a doubt it's Keith that plays the over dubbed guitar on the acetate. Mick's solos on JJF from the tour has more flare and inspiration to them than Keith's overdub. I am glad that they didn't use the over dubbed version and released the no solo version as they did. It wouldn't of been right to NOT include the Taylor solo and substitute it with an over dub by Keith when Mick's solos are so much better. Just my opinion as to me Taylor was the best guitar player the Stones ever had.

Re: Guitar solos in Broadway JJF
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 5, 2009 20:33

MTWEMISSYOU
Without a doubt it's Keith that plays the over dubbed guitar on the acetate. Mick's solos on JJF from the tour has more flare and inspiration to them than Keith's overdub. I am glad that they didn't use the over dubbed version and released the no solo version as they did. It wouldn't of been right to NOT include the Taylor solo and substitute it with an over dub by Keith when Mick's solos are so much better. Just my opinion as to me Taylor was the best guitar player the Stones ever had.

Thanks, MTWEMISSYOU. I like the Acetate JJF solos myself and also the solo at the end of JJF from Gimme Shelter, but to each one's own.

I do agree that Mick Taylor was the best guitarist the Stones ever had. In fact, I only collect Stones bootlegs from the years 1969-74 when MT was with the group.

An aside -- I just got a copy of a Bob Dylan boot from the 1984 tour when MT was touring with him. MT's playing is stellar!!!

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home