Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Evening Gown - the perfect recording?
Posted by: Gunnar ()
Date: December 20, 2004 14:14

Even though I really love some of Mick Jagger´s solorecordings, it always strikes me that the Stones would have done this far better. There is one exception though; Evening Gown from Wandering Spirit. I think it is a perfect recording of a beautiful song. The band (the piano, the acoustic guitar, the steelguitar and drums) sounds just great, and Jagger´s singing is (once again) unique.

Cheers,
Gunnar

Re: Evening Gown - the perfect recording?
Date: December 20, 2004 14:58

Agree - must be one of the most beautiful country songs ever written and recorded.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: December 20, 2004 16:28

Agreed. I think it is one of the best songs recorded by anyone in the Stones over the past 20 years. Could have worked well as a Stones song but it sounds just fine the way it is. Hope there are a few country songs on the new album.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: December 21, 2004 05:14

The whole wandering spirit album should have been made by the Stones, but its hard to know how much better they would make it. Its Mick Jaggers best solo moment and it he can never do it again. He is today a pathetic man. The Webster Hall 93 dvd shows a band with Mick Jagger that you want the Stones to be there with him!?!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 2, 2006 03:39

Great new version with Jerry Lee Lewis.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: November 2, 2006 06:46

johang what the heck are you saying,blak-bink-puke,jagger is pathetic,he has been stellar on the bigger bang tour.

john scialfa

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 2, 2006 08:40

RIGHT ON! Mick has been incredible on this tour. Voice is in fine form, great moves, and seems to really be enjoying himself!

The negetivity here is pathetic!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 2, 2006 09:47

I was just thinking tonight about the "golden period" that songwriters or other artists go through. There is a time, inthe youth when the artists is still hungry, still impressionable, still wants badly to make his mark, when all gels and coincides. At this time they create like never before or again. Not yet too knowledgeable, still staryyeyed, yet already poised. Lennon and McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Elton, Prince, Dylan, Bowie all went through this period. 'Then I was thinking about songwriters who still write truly great songs late in life and career. Becasue it really doesn't happen much anymore. I have seen footage of Jagger,of Paul McC and of Elton talking about this. Steven Sondheim talking about it. That they couild never do it again.

But Jagger still manages to write some truly beautiful songs at this time. "Eevening Gown is one of them.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 2, 2006 10:14

What you express, I use to call "Living in their own shadow", CD.
And you have to be born about 1940-45 to make such a success.
Since the 70s the market has become too huge for
breaktrus of that volume. Plus they had the 'opportuinty'
to protest against a bigotte and cemented, patriarch, bourgeoise,
mediocracy, paranoic society.. Of course the Western World still
listens to these name calling; yet its much more complex,
where our new Minister Of State Finances wears a little
pony tail and wears a ring in his left ear.

Posted by: Borna ()
Date: November 2, 2006 13:27

great

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home