Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rolling Stone Mag - 2007 Plans
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 24, 2006 00:36

The Just Out ROLLING STONE magazine ("Time To Go !! Worst Congress Ever" Cover) just came in the post and has a small article that claims Keith has been talking to Steve Jordan about an X-PENSIVE WINO'S reunion. It ends with him complaining "If the Stones Tour ever ends that is". From the last issue's Jagger complaint about not wanting to tour forever and attending to his children and now Keith with this it really sounds like they want/need a long break. I would hope EUROPE SUMMER 2007 happens as promised as well as INDIA/THAILAND but that would be it if I was a bettin' man. What do you think ?.....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-30 17:24 by bv.

Re: NEW Rolling Stone Mag. - Keith Talks about plans for 2007 - it ain't adding on more to the ABB TOUR
Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 24, 2006 00:43

I think Sunnybandyo99 will be happy if they hit India.

Re: NEW Rolling Stone Mag. - Keith Talks about plans for 2007 - it ain't adding on more to the ABB TOUR
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 24, 2006 01:39

I think they'll come back to Europe after a rest the forthcoming spring.

Re: NEW Rolling Stone Mag. Just Out - Keith Talks About Plans For 2007
Date: October 24, 2006 02:12

Europe must happen, with USA setlist

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 24, 2006 02:18

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Just Out ROLLING STONE magazine ("Time To Go
> !! Worst Congress Ever" Cover) just came in the
> post and has a small article that claims Keith has
> been talking to Steve Jordan about an X-PENSIVE
> WINO'S reunion. It ends with him complaining "If
> the Stones Tour ever ends that it". Take it
> however you want to.

is that a typo? did he say, "if the stones tour ever ends - that's it" or did he say "if the stones tour ever ends, that is..." - the difference is crucial!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: October 24, 2006 02:54

Indeed it is gazza! I want details goddamn it...!!

The two different statements as you put them, are worlds apart!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: October 24, 2006 06:17

Gazza, my middle name is typo, sorry, it's "that is". You know Keith, he wants to die on stage so I won't worry so much about him. It's just between Jagger and this short one it really sounds like they need 4 to 6 months AWAY from the whole tour thing. Jaggers last issue piece really sounded like he needed a break. I was hoping for more Asian cities as well as South America again but I just don't see it happening. 2007 seems like a "make up" year from Bangkok to Europe. That MIGHT BE all it ends up being.... Sorry Mr.Jimmy - don't want any heart attacks around here....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-24 06:19 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: October 24, 2006 06:48

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-29 08:40 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: October 24, 2006 07:39

Uh, before anyone leaps to any conclusions, I think it would be a good idea to take a look at what Rolling Stone printed on Page 45 of the U.S. edition. The only quote attributed to Keith relates to his involvement in Pirates of the Caribbean. The rest of the report reads:

Richards adds that he's been talking to drummer Steve Jordan about an X-Pensive Winos reunion --if the Stones tour ever ends, that is.

I think it's clear that Keith did not make the comment, "if the Stones tour ever ends, that is." That is the writer speaking, not Keith. By placing the phrase in quotation marks and saying that Richards was "complaining," the author of the post at the top of this thread is adding his own spin, not Keith's and not Rolling Stone's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-24 07:43 by Monkeylad.

Re: NEW Rolling Stone Mag. - Keith Talks 2007 Plans - No Plans for ABB Tour Expansion
Date: October 24, 2006 22:32

Come on Monkeylad, now you're just totally nit picking ... When a reporter doesn't use quotation marks it means he didn't get it EXACTLY as said but is paraphrasing what was said. Unless it's a murder trial it USUALLY isn't that important. Since Keith is talking about getting an old band together WE CAN ASSUME someone in the band doesn't want to make 2007 a giant Stones touring year (MICK or CHARLIE?) and since Keith wants to get an old band together we can ASSUME he wants to tour more than the others.....Dude, this isn't forensic science...I think we get the idea of what's going on, no need to play the album backwards to look for clues....

Re: NEW Rolling Stone Mag. - Keith Talks 2007 Plans - No Plans for ABB Tour Expansion
Date: October 24, 2006 22:34

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Come on Monkeylad, now you're just totally nit
> picking ... When a reporter doesn't use quotation
> marks it means he didn't get it EXACTLY as said
> but is paraphrasing what was said.

No he's saying it in a cynical manner to emphasise the fact that it seems (in HIS opinion) that the Stones tour has been going on forever

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 24, 2006 22:35

The best way of trying to figure out what the Stones plans are is to ignore anything Keith is quoted as saying. That's a good start....

Date: October 24, 2006 22:37

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Gazza, my middle name is typo, sorry, it's "that
> is". You know Keith, he wants to die on stage so I
> won't worry so much about him. It's just between
> Jagger and this short one it really sounds like
> they need 4 to 6 months AWAY from the whole tour
> thing. Jaggers last issue piece really sounded
> like he needed a break. I was hoping for more
> Asian cities as well as South America again but I
> just don't see it happening. 2007 seems like a
> "make up" year from Bangkok to Europe. That MIGHT
> BE all it ends up being....

yep, that will be all it is. Europe for sure and maybe a small number of shows in Asia or somewhere like that. Europe will be the only 'full scale' tour. Quite reasonable for Jagger to say he doesnt want to spend the whole year on the road. I dont think anyone in their right mind expected them to.

Date: October 24, 2006 22:58

I agree Gazza but you and I know there is this thing called "MOMENTUM". Once this Monster (ABB TOUR) gets moving it's much easier to keep it going then to have it stop, put away, and plan another one in a year and a half(after a new album) - sounds like a lot more work to me. I have a feeling when this one stops there ain't gonna be another big one so would rather see them milk this one in 2007. I mean really, can you see a 2009/2010 TOUR? How old will Charlie be? Mick and Keith will be 66? Don't see it (yeah, Mick can handle it but...JUST Mick).....

Date: October 24, 2006 23:01

I think they'll take a few months off after November, more out of necessity than anything else.

and no, I dont expect a tour after 2007 - however by next summer this one will have ran (with a couple of derailments) for two years. By then it'll have been milked more than a prize cow...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 24, 2006 23:06

While I would welcome Winos activity over, say, guest shots with Willie Nelson, I think it worth noting a Winos reunion might first mean recording sessions and not just a reunion tour. I can't honestly think Keith Richards would book a solo tour with no new album unless he's ready to start playing bars and small clubs as opposed to halls and theaters and that certainly isn't feasible.

That said, we've heard Keith was preparing a Winos reunion in 1996, 2000, and 2004. He has jammed with some of the Winos at various points, but what are the chances Keith or Virgin are eager for a new album at this stage. Not trying to be negative, I love both their studio albums and would be thrilled at the prospect of more recording and less touring for all of the Stones at this point, but I don't see it as a likely scenario. I know Jane Rose is now under the William Morris umbrella, but can Virgin, the media, retailers, and the public be sold on a new Keith Richards solo album after this many years? It would seem guest spots are the only viable high-profile path for Keith other than Stones tours and a possible future Stones album.

Date: October 24, 2006 23:15

Gotta Agree Rocky...popular music has changed too much...

Posted by: scelsa ()
Date: October 25, 2006 02:36

They should come back to the USA

Date: October 25, 2006 02:41

buy a passport

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 25, 2006 02:45

They must be exhausted .. Really , think about it . all that traveling

Date: October 25, 2006 02:54

yeah...in a private jet, with 5 star hotels and having to perform two shows a week and having lackeys on call 24/7....

It must be hell, for sure..

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: October 25, 2006 02:58

Who's to say Keith won't do something like Jerry Lee or Hubert Sumlin and have a bunch of guest spotters on HIS new album? There are a lot of new, hot artists who would love to guest on a Keef disc, i.e., Norah Jones and Jack White. Could end up being a good seller....

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:12

I never believed that they will tour Europe in 2007 ...

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:24

they should take a break...for a little bit.......even though time is a major concern now..

Date: October 25, 2006 04:24

Jed Clever Wrote:
> Who's to say Keith won't do something like Jerry
> Lee or Hubert Sumlin and have a bunch of guest
> spotters on HIS new album?

Ok...I'll say it

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:38

Gazza Wrote:
> Jed Clever Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who's to say Keith won't do something like
> Jerry
> > Lee or Hubert Sumlin and have a bunch of guest
> > spotters on HIS new album?
>
> Ok...I'll say it

O.K., Gazza, I forgot you're a @#$%&' genius, and a would- be know it all!

Date: October 25, 2006 08:49

I'm tellin' ya... you don't want to miss the 11/22/06 show in Honolulu Hawaii...
It may not make sense right now, but perhaps it will later.

There's still plenty of tickets available.

Date: October 25, 2006 10:27

NOVEMBER 22 is a spooky day in History:

JFK Assassination - Dallas, Texas, 1963

Michael Hutchence Die's (Lead Singer of INXS) - Sydney, Australia, 1997

Last Stones concert (on tour) with Brian Jones, 196?

Last Stones concert with Mick Taylor, 1973

Last Stones show EVER, 2006? .....Black Cat crossed my path......SPOOKY.....

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:38

MicksBrain Wrote:
> NOVEMBER 22 is a spooky day in History:
>
> Last Stones concert (on tour) with Brian Jones, 196?

The last Stones concert (on tour) with Brian Jones, was on April 17th 1967.

> Last Stones concert with Mick Taylor, 1973

The last Stones concert with Mick Taylor, was on October 19th 1973.

> Last Stones show EVER, 2006?

Nah.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-25 10:44 by erikjjf.

Date: October 25, 2006 10:44

My Magic 8 ball says, "YES IT IS" (last Stones show ever) do I believe erikjjf or THE SPIRITS?.... Can't you see Erik, NumberOneStonesFan is trying to tell us something !!! Heed the warning - LISTEN TO HIM !!!!...... (oh my God, my mirror just cracked by itself.......)

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home