Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Ronnie arrested
Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: December 4, 2009 18:56

From the Daily Mail article (link courtesy of open-g )you get a picture of how screwed up Ronnie is and how bad the relationship is for him. Sounds like he's in over his head.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 4, 2009 19:02

For God´s sake, Ronnie! Eka worked in a brothel, dump the golddiger, go to rehab, and then on tour!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 19:16

This is a image nightmare for the boys. Fans can tolerate a drug bust, intoxication, or some other relapse but domestic violence in not good. Who would clap for him knowing he did this? We don't know all the facts but not looking good. I would have no problem seeing The Stones w/out Ron Wood. If the set list is mixed up and Keith is playing well who would even think about Woody? The replacement would do a great job and add another dimension to the songs. Something fresh maybe. This could hurt future sales if he stays on board.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2009 19:41

oldkr
From news reports he didnt so much beat her as drag her down the street.

how did she end up on the ground? did Ronnie knock her down, or did she throw herself down, or fall down?
witnesses said they'd both been drinking. was he dragging her as an option to leaving her lying in the road?

obviously it's not beautiful behaviour, but we don't know what was going on.

>> In England if one is charged with Domestic Violence is a restraining order automatically issued?
Was Ronnie allowed to return to shared condo? <<

Ronnie hasn't been charged with anything

[lighting more incense]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-04 19:54 by with sssoul.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 4, 2009 19:52

hot stuff

... we still should wait until we hear his side of the story not just press reports and some unknown people who say they heard something...

Even if some of the reports are true, Ronnie Wood is human, can and will, like the rest of us, continue to make mistakes..
Lets not judge others unless you have walked in their shoes!

I am not confident that we will hear the true version of his side. After the RS machine gets done with his story - it will probably be a very watered down version.

For the most part, I agree that you shouldn't judge others, however, I think a 60+ year old man should have the wisdom on how to deal with a volatile situation. I guess that means I am judging him.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 4, 2009 19:58

True---But Woodie never has acted or lived like he was your typical 60 year older....Ha...For the most part he has lived the life of a rock and roll star.
To think of it The Rolling Stones have never acted like a typical 60 year older...ha.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 4, 2009 20:03

Restraining order is not automatic but since the young woman in question is, according to the papers, not pressing charges this is academic. The papers also stated that Ronnie returned home after his night in jail, but I think you'll find it's a small castle, not a condo

Chris Fountain
A question for my British friends:

In England if one is charged with Domestic Violence is a restraining order automatically issued? Was Ronnie allowed to return to shared condo?

Tks

L.O.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: December 4, 2009 20:08

Given the smart business man Mick is, I think even he knows that, (1) after this, Ronnie has become too much of a liability with the insurers to stay on should they tour, and (2) at this point, the only other guitarist Stones fans would pay the price they charge to see play with the band is Mick Taylor. Indeed, Mick said in his "Jagger Remembers" interview that he knows most fans see the Taylor lineup as the best era for the band, and as such, Mick is all too aware that they would make a killing at the box office if Taylor was back in the Stones.
Darell Jones by now has established himself; it's too late for anyone else to do the same.

As for this ugly incident, it is as sad as it is embarrasing. For Ronnie to be going through a mid-life crisis at his age is pathetic. This is not the 1960s or 1970s; a Rolling Stone getting arrested at this point is just foolish. Ronnie kept the band together throughout the 1970s and helped end 1980s "World War 3". But at this point, as great a player and as great a man Ronnie has been for the Stones, I don't see him being kept on any longer.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 4, 2009 20:35

13,760 views 309 posts

That's all folks .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 20:39

I concur. In fact the ONLY reason I could see them keeping him on would be because if they cut him loose, then he no longer has anything for which to live, and we could legitimately see yet another Brian episode here (granted I know there's all those murder conspiracies), but if he's that down on himself, it could happen, sad to say.

Ronnie really does seem like a great guy, but all of this is not helping his image or the Stones.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 4, 2009 20:47

It seems to me from what I have read:

Ekat was sitting down in front of the shops and refused to go home. THereby Ronnie tried dragging her home after yelling at her calling her a whore and a bitch. From other stories she is jealous of the wife, wants a push into fashion design business and other perks. Also, it seems he has been trying to control her and she is a fiesty and obstinate creature. So I think all in all, the two create a volatile team. And I am sure Mick and Keith think of Ronnie as a family member and dont' want to see all these troubles either. Ithink the age difference and the fame in combination is too much for any relationshiop to take much less to have the demon alcohol making everything dramatic. Also you have to wonder if Ekat was trying to protect herself from abuse by not going home with Ronnie when he was hammered. Maybe she is afraid of him in that condition? I have been in that place. It is not good to be afraid of a man and dont' want to go behind closed doors where there are nobody to help you if things go bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-04 20:49 by tumbled.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:03

VoodooLounge13
I concur. In fact the ONLY reason I could see them keeping him on would be because if they cut him loose, then he no longer has anything for which to live, and we could legitimately see yet another Brian episode here quote]

He's got 60 million reasons not to kill himself. If it's not good enough then

she won't have to relocate
I guarantee her personal security
she don't have to be five foot ten
or blonde or brunette
she don't have to be no solider hostess
send her

straight work in a factory
right next door to me
in my fantasy
send it to me

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:03

It does not seem like Ronnie as nobody seems like oneself in a state of extreme drunkenness. Still hoping they will tour in 2010!

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:04

This is getting to the point of being nauseating! Isn't there any presumption of innocence until proven guilty? All the information that has been written proves nothing. The Queens courts will deal with this issue. I highly doubt any of us know the real details of what did or did not happen yet the gallows pole is already upright and ready for an execution.

CBII

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:04

im not saying that dragging her down the street is acceptable, I'm just saying it APPEARS that he didnt just smack her in the head 800 times as seems to be the peanut gallery consensus. perhaps they had an argument she refused to leave and he grabbed her collar, the scrapes were on her knees- who knows!

OLDKR

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:12

Mick will probably advice/tell Ron to get himself check into a rehab in order to get well to be able to be on the 2010 Tour. Ron doesn't have much choices if he wants to play with the rolling stones any longer, he has to be sober. He did that before the 2005 world Tour and it worked. Hopefully it will work this time too. It seems to me the easiest scenario for Ron and the Stones. I still believe that Ron should stay with the Stones and I am sad that his personal life is so @#$%& up.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:19

Has Ronnie in one ill fated evening with a 20 or 21 year old effectively ended his career with the Stones?

Will the Stones tour with Ronnie?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:36

Those folk who are dreaming of the return of Mick Talyor are clearly living in cloud cuckoo land.Mick T. neither has the pyhsical capacity or present day talent to get even close to Ronnie.

A tour without Ronnie won't happen.They would only play without him if he was in no condition to tour and they had dates to play.Somebody like Clapton might stand in.Certainly not Talyor.

Too many folk over reacting on this arrest.We don't know the full facts of the case.Traditionally and historically women always seem to get given the benefit of the doubt in these so called domestic violence allegations.Equality for the sexes,what a joke.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:40

Yes they will tour without him it was decided months ago before this incident. My post with that information mysteriously disappeared as soon as i wrote it a few weeks ago. Like i said a little bird told me.......

And by the way forget about Mick Taylor LOL..........

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:45

Riff,
Any clue as to who the replacement would be???

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:47

<< People tend to forget Mick Taylor is more than 35 years older than he was in the Stones' prime >>

So are Jagger, Richards, and Watts...

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 4, 2009 21:53

Sounds like it was deleted because your chatting a load of shit foolmanriff77

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:02

Dedicated to all you Rolling Stones fans joining the lynch mob in a rush to judgment.... (or hoping that your Mick Taylor fantasies will now come true )

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:09

I don't want to rush and certainly I believe innocent until proven guilty but when is enough enough? Rehab.........off wagon..........rehab........off wagon......rehab.......confrontation w/girlfriend. You telling MIck cant find a replacement like they did for Taylor in a matter of months?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:15

humanriff77
Yes they will tour without him it was decided months ago before this incident. My post with that information mysteriously disappeared as soon as i wrote it a few weeks ago. Like i said a little bird told me.......

And by the way forget about Mick Taylor LOL..........

Please give us the info again.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:15

It seems like since that bender he went on after the ABB tour, Ronnie has gone off the Deep End. I hope he goes back to get help and takes it seriously this time.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:31

I actually feel sorry for that girl... Ronnie should just give her a couple of million and get some peace of mind. His family must be having a hard time too.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:32

Amen to that. Hope to see him healthy and on tour.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:35

Ronnie is @#$%& violent - didn't know that. Beating Eka and given her scratches...

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 22:40

I for one won't buy a ticket to a Stones concert if Ronnie's
on stage after this idiotic behaviour!

I've stood up with everything the Stones came up with during the years and
even openly defended their behaviour thru the acid past.

But this is enough for me. No Ronnie on stage no matter what!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home