Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16
Re: Ronnie arrested
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: December 4, 2009 04:47

To paraphrase an old ad campaign, SHE'S BLACK AND BLUE FROM A ROLLING STONE AND SHE DON'T LIKE IT!!!

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: December 4, 2009 04:58

I wonder why Mick has not stepped in and told Ronnie to dump the Russian chick and clean up his act.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 4, 2009 05:25

chris girard
I wonder why Mick has not stepped in and told Ronnie to dump the Russian chick and clean up his act.

WTF, Ronnie is a grown man. You already have him guilty.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: December 4, 2009 05:40

media and tabloids obviously emphasize this kind of stuff, I don't even want to imagine the mean gossips and rumours that could spread around about "the old skinny orc beating the poor nymph from the eastern woods", since our society is so impeccable when it comes to judging others´life. But it´s all very premature, maybe the whole thing is not so serious... A curiosity, has Ronnie already been in jail?

Well,after the "on guitar.." and "on banana" presentations made by Mick in a witty and intentionally pompous circus style, I can already figure his introduction for the next tour, "ladies and gentlemen, on parole, Ronnie Wooooood"

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: December 4, 2009 06:13

Shott
kick him out of the band and bring on Waddie Wachtel.

Won't he be touring with John Mayer?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 4, 2009 06:24

DrPete
What makes people think that Mick&Kieth would FIRE a self destructive guitarist?? ugh, Oh wait..........
And since that was only 40 years ago. We know they will do the exact same thing now right.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 4, 2009 06:46

chris girard

3 months before the tour starts, it will happen.
Ronnie will be told to go in to rehab. Kat will get some money to stay away - at leats while touring. It will be the last tour, so whatever Ronnie doed after will be of less important for the other ones.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: December 4, 2009 06:49

I couldn't possibly know what happened between these two since I live about a million miles away. For some reason I couldn't care less, either. Shit happens.

But there's just something about a "Rolling Stone Arrested" headline that makes me smile and think to myself, all's still right with the world after all.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: December 4, 2009 06:51

Just get rid of her and be done with all this BS!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: December 4, 2009 07:20

I heard that when Keith Richards was in Mykonos like 10 years ago, he was fighting with his wife and I think he beat her but I am not sure.Just roumors.

Posted by: TheKingBee ()
Date: December 4, 2009 07:23

I have a hard time seeing Keith beating his wife, in my opinion, Keith is a perfect gentleman towards women. But that is just how I see it

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 4, 2009 07:51

Say it ain't so Ro'

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 4, 2009 08:47

Such Fauxpas might have been funny 40 years ago. But not anymore.
Such "incidents" will cause major delays for any activity the Stones might have planned.
Imagine to find a sponsor for a next tour. Perhaps a russian brewery or chinese softwarecompany?
This is not funny anymore, this sucks.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 4, 2009 08:48

Certainly not good publicity if a new tour is around the corner.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 4, 2009 09:06

Gazza
JumpingKentFlash

With respect, Kent, thats cliched nonsense. Charlie Watts has been a 'Rolling Stone' for far longer than Ronnie ever has been or ever will be. His 'status' as a 'Stone' hasn't been nullified by not making a public dick of himself on a regular basis. If anything, its helped add to his 'coolness'.

I genuinely hope Ronnie didnt do this, that the girl isnt injured and that he sorts his life out, but the almost weekly embarrassment that this soap opera has become in the last 18 months has got beyond tiresome. Unfortunately the whole episode been heading at full speed for it's inevitable outcome for some time now.

As always Gazza, your posts are spot on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-04 09:29 by Harm.

Posted by: mark666 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 09:27

I am getting a bit confused here. People are warning that this bad publicity may effect the next tour...... which band is this? I thought this was a Rolling Stones forum. Since when has 'bad' publicity adversly effected a Stones tour? What you mean they take drugs! What's that..... they get drunk a lot! 'What, you mean they glamourise violence towards women.... Black & Blue adverts... I certainly will not go and see them in concert!''What's that you say about shagging 13 year old girls?'

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 4, 2009 09:27

Jeepers, this is sad.

I read all 8 pages of comments, and wonder how can peeps here say Ekaterina was making it up - weren't there 4 witnesses? As to whether witnesses should have recognized Ron Wood, well...maybe maybe not. They may have been more focused on the woman crumpled on the sidewalk than the guy yelling at her, or maybe they're not Stones fan or tabloid readers and therefore wouldn't recognize Ronnie. He regularly walks down the street unbothered, as we know.

As for the "people in the business all say he's such a nice guy" - well hell of course he probably is "a nice guy"! but that has nothing to do with the sh|t that may be going down in his relationship and his ability to keep up that "nice guy" persona.

People here keep saying "Wull, Brian did it and Keef did it, so what's the big blankin deal about Ronnie thwackin that trashy golddigger?" Among other things....when Brian did it and Keith allegedly did it, those guys were in their 20s. That is no excuse but....take a moment and conjur up your own most reprehensible, regretable rock n rock incidents. Probably not too pretty. It might even hve involved bellowing at a girl or a guy in a drunken stoned stupor-rage and even half-thinking if others overheard they'd see just how passionately you were living. But, hopefully, if you have such a memory or 2, it's from back in your teens and 20s. God help any of us if we're 62 yrs old standing in the middle of the sidewalk shreeching that our significant other is a bleeping blaaaap at the top of our drunken lungs. Not cute (at all) in ones 20s. Horribly sad in one's 60s.

I'm certainly dismayed that Ronnie seems to be so out of control and off his gourd that he is at the least ("at the least" meaning many documented accounts, over the past 18 months) having repeated, stressed out, melodramatic, over the top histrionic incidents, perhaps even beating on, the chick he's chosen to be with. I may not have selected Ekaterina for Ron Wood, but I'm not his mom nor his matchmaker, and he didn't ask me.

BUT what is most distressing to me is the level of recklessness and dispair he seems to be playing out publicly. When you're a new celebrity and are mucked up about all that--and you've just found drugs for the first time, and fame is messing with your head....you might trash hotel rooms and have public screaming matches with your girlfriend. But Ron has been a rock n roll guitarist since goddamn 1964. He's acting like Johnny Depp when he was still on "21 Jump Street" winking smiley This sort of FOCK-all, no-holds-barred public destructiveness phenom is something you usually see in people who are either very young OR at the end of their rope. That's what worries me.

And just look at some of these pix. Ronnie looks lost. Even photos of them together, he's clinging onto her lifeboat-esque, clasping her to his heart (but oddly often not so close in the "nether regions" ) .

Finally...the main difference between thinking Midnight Rambler is a profoundly, astonishingly, good song and believing that slapping your loved ones is wrong is that one is fiction; the other is not. Same as you can love Brown Sugar and not be a fan of the slave-whipping Antebellum South.

I hope Ron gets it together and has many happy years playing with the Stones, if that's what he wishes. As someone who's seen many miracles happen with people nearly down for the count with addiction I know it's possible (as well as seen talented brilliant "nice guys" lose themselves permanently to substances and behaviors that show them no mercy on the way down). OR if he can't get it together and the Stones wish to tour or record I hope they find a suitable second guitarist to play with them. And imho....the glory days of the lovely dazzling Mick Taylor playing with the Stones will not arise from the ashes again, as much as I adore him and their music from days of yore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-04 09:35 by swiss.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2009 09:49

>> weren't there 4 witnesses? <<

... which four do you mean - the two mentioned in the Daily Mail article and the participants themselves?

Posted by: woody.woodpecker ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:04

I hope he will get is act back together.
And: Go back to Jo Ronnie, on your bleeding knees.

WW

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:05

DrPete
What makes people think that Mick&Kieth would FIRE a self destructive guitarist?? ugh, Oh wait..........

Brian Jones

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:09

with sssoul
>> weren't there 4 witnesses? <<

... which four do you mean - the two mentioned in the Daily Mail article and the participants themselves?

Maybe I got it wrong -- maybe it is 2 witnesses. I just consumed 8 pages of comments, 5 news article, and 2 videos. I'm a bit full-up on this trash, but let's see...Celine Dixon and boyfriend Phillip Legge saw the stuff going down on the street and called the police. I thought it somewhere else said others saw them leave the restaurant (where Ronnie was drinking vodka but not eating) and the disturbance taking place. I don't care.

2 witnesses, 4 witnesses. Not really the point. If you Google "Ronnie Wood" and argument you will see (it's so sad, so fricking sad) article after article about similar incidences like every other month. This latest thing wasn't an anomaly. Whatever happened. And the court will figure it out (or not -- many people in relationships don't press charges, as well as stay in the relationship, and that's not my concern with these 2 -- it's not my business, I don't know them). But I do care if Ron Wood guitarist of the Stones is really in a bad way. Both for him as a likable-seeming human being who's struggled with varying success with an array of demons, and him as guitarist and member of the RS.

Date: December 4, 2009 10:15

It hardly seems that Miss Ivanova is too affected by this, since she, according to the Daily Mail, was seen smiling and hanging out with friends. But I doubt we'll ever get the full story and I'm not gonna debate on what happened or not. I'm no headline hungry tabloid journalist.

As for those who mentioned why Mick didn't do anything about this relationship, why should he? It's not like he is Ronnie's boss. Of course, everyone in the Rolling Stones enterprise are probably worried about Ronnie's lifestyle. But it is Ronnie's demons and only Ronnie can decide what to do about it. Let's hope that this incident is the wake up call for all people concerned. I'm sure Keith, Charlie and Mick will help Ronnie. But sending someone for rehab for four weeks and then just letting them out again is probably not the best idea. It's only on tour that Ronnie can stay relatively sober probably.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:22

Ronnie Chocked Lover In Street

[www.thesun.co.uk]

By NICK PARKER
and ALEX WEST

ROLLING Stone Ronnie Wood was arrested amid claims that he "choked" his young Russian lover during a violent street bust-up.

Together ... Ronnie Wood and Ekaterina Ivanova

The guitarist, 62, was said to have dragged 20-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova by the scruff of her neck in the 30-minute row.

He was held on suspicion of assault but freed yesterday on police bail pending further inquiries.

Wood had threatened to stub out a cigarette in his Russian lover's FACE as they argued in the street, it was claimed last night.

Police arrested the wrinkly Rolling Stones legend after witnesses claimed they saw him "choking" waif-like waitress Ekaterina while dragging her screaming along a pavement.

Last night it was claimed he only halted the alleged assault after a man heard "gurgling" sounds and shouted at him to stop.

Cops are investigating claims the guitarist hovered drunkenly over the terrified beauty with his cigarette inches from her face during a 30-minute fracas.

Ekaterina - said to have been dragged 20ft by the collar of her blouse and jacket - suffered knee injuries near the pair's Surrey home on Wednesday night. Her tights had been ripped.

Witness Celine Dixon said: "We heard a woman screaming, then saw a man pinning her to the ground.

"He was shouting at her then we heard choking sounds so my boyfriend rushed out to help. When he got outside he saw it was Ronnie and Ekaterina."

Dazed Wood - whose band's hits include Street Fighting Man - is said to have walked away, leaving dazed Ekaterina crying in a shop doorway when challenged by Celine's boyfriend Phillip Legge.

She was helped to Phillip and Celine's nearby home and quizzed by police.

Officers then drove her to the £5million pad she shares with Wood in Claygate, Surrey, and arrested him on suspicion of assault.

The alcoholic rock idol - worth an estimated £70million - spent a night sobering up in a grim cell at Staines Police Station.

He was driven home in a BMW limousine yesterday after being put on police bail pending further inquiries.

He has not yet been charged with any offences.

A police source said: "Ekaterina was very distressed and had cuts on her knees from where it seems she'd been dragged along the street.

"But she was insistent she didn't want police involved or to press charges.

"Despite her refusal, witnesses allege this was a potentially serious assault and he may face charges in any case once the evidence is assessed.

"We're looking at allegations that at one point he had her by the scruff of the neck and her collar was so tight she seemed to be choking."

Witnesses said the bust-up came after the pair met at their favourite Indian restaurant.

One local said: "There was an awful racket."

It is the second time in recent months police have been called to an argument between dad-of-four Wood and Ekaterina - at the centre of his break-up from wife Jo in July of last year.

Sunbathing beauty ... but 'distressed' Ekaterina is said to have suffered cuts during street bust-up with rock idol
In September, the star was thought to have dumped the young beauty after a furious row outside a £5million North London mansion.

It was said she threatened to commit suicide during that row over his plans to have dinner with estranged Jo, who appeared on Strictly Come Dancing.

Wood and Ekaterina kissed and made up days later and had seemed happy in their new Claygate home.

But pals say the blonde has become increasingly jealous of her craggy-faced lover's continuing closeness to Jo, 54, and their family.

A spokesman for Wood confirmed his arrest, but said: "We have no further statement at this time." Police said a man was arrested in connection with a "domestic incident".

Read more: [www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-04 10:22 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: Duked ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:34

souldoggie
there's just something about a "Rolling Stone Arrested" headline that makes me smile and think to myself, all's still right with the world after all.

Agree. You've got the point. smiling smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:38

mark666
I am getting a bit confused here. People are warning that this bad publicity may effect the next tour...... which band is this? I thought this was a Rolling Stones forum. Since when has 'bad' publicity adversly effected a Stones tour? What you mean they take drugs! What's that..... they get drunk a lot! 'What, you mean they glamourise violence towards women.... Black & Blue adverts... I certainly will not go and see them in concert!''What's that you say about shagging 13 year old girls?'

Since tours are guaranteed by sponsors and they would not touch a thing like this with a 10 ft long stick. You must realise that we are in the 21st Century, and this is not "funny" or "rock and roll"

I still have my fingers crossed that this is just not true. Something similar happend in San Diego a few weeks ago with a football player. He was arrested but in the end it was just that the stupid girl, that was supposed to be "beaten" was trying to get some attention from the press. The police didn't find anything that could have take this case to the court.

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: December 4, 2009 10:41

Great story for the tabloids :

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2009 11:08

>> 2 witnesses, 4 witnesses. Not really the point <<

peace, okay? i was simply asking for clarification. people are reacting very strongly,
and from one point of view, keeping the facts straight may well be part of "the point".

Date: December 4, 2009 11:11

with sssoul
>> 2 witnesses, 4 witnesses. Not really the point <<

peace, okay? i was simply asking for clarification. people are reacting very strongly,
and from one point of view, keeping the facts straight may well be part of "the point".

well, after reading the daily mail and the sun articles about this, the two witnesses do differ in story. Mr.Legge(?) said that he only realised it was Ronnie after Kat left, but Celine Dixon(?) said that they saw it was Ronnie and Kat when they went outside and saw the argument

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 4, 2009 11:27

leteyer
mark666

Since tours are guaranteed by sponsors and they would not touch a thing like this with a 10 ft long stick. You must realise that we are in the 21st Century, and this is not "funny" or "rock and roll"

I still have my fingers crossed that this is just not true. Something similar happend in San Diego a few weeks ago with a football player. He was arrested but in the end it was just that the stupid girl, that was supposed to be "beaten" was trying to get some attention from the press. The police didn't find anything that could have take this case to the court.

It's not likely to be untrue: the Sun and its tabloid brethren will do their best to make everything sound as bad as possible (they're scandal sheets: that's their job) - but the witnesses are real enough. It's obvious that Ronnie and Kat had a big flaming row in the street - far from the first, as we know, but this one ended in (at least) pushing and shoving and maybe blows? Not a premeditated beating-up, but enough to qualify as assault under UK law. Sad, for both of them.

swiss said something about this kind of behaviour being being more likely when you're 20 - but then Kat is 20 - and Ronnie seems to forget that he isn't!. The papers are saying she doesn't want to press charges - so now it's down to the police to decide whether they think the incident was serious enough to override her wishes and charge Ronnie anyway.

I'm staying out of the advice business, but I do hope this gets sorted out with minimum damage to all concerned.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 11:46

Green Lady

I'm staying out of the advice business, but I do hope this gets sorted out with minimum damage to all concerned.

"With minimum damage to all concerned"
Does that include the future of any upcoming activities by the Stones?
To me it seems like that there's been maximum damage done to the Stones.

This is really a bad outcome from a love story. And it won't just fly away like a leaf in the wind.

This is serious!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home