Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16
Re: Ronnie arrested
Date: December 3, 2009 19:10

Story now picked up in Argentina..lots of sad Rollingas

Detuvieron al guitarrista de los Rolling Stones por pegarle a su novia

Ron Wood, de 62 años, y Ekaterina Ivanova, de 20, se conocieron el año pasado y su relación fue el motivo de la ruptura matrimonial del músico con su mujer, con la que estuvo casado 23 años

Ronnie Wood, miembro de los Rolling Stones, fue detenido en la noche del miércoles por la policía inglesa por un presunto caso de agresión contra su novia, informó la policía del condado de Surrey (al sur de Londres).

Según la agencia local de noticias Press Association (PA), todo apunta a que la agresión fue contra su novia, la rusa Ekaterina Ivanova, de 20 años, durante una pelea entre la pareja.

Un portavoz de la policía de Surrey informó de que Wood fue posteriormente puesto en libertad bajo fianza hasta el mes que viene, pendiente del resultado de la investigación policial.

"Podemos confirmar que un hombre de 62 años con residencia en Esher fue detenido la pasada noche como sospechoso de agresión en relación con un incidente doméstico (...). Esta tarde fue puesto en libertad bajo fianza, hasta el mes de enero, a la espera de que se realicen posteriores pesquisas", dijo el portavoz.

En septiembre, la policía tuvo que acudir a la casa de Ronnie Wood en Londres a raíz de un fuerte altercado entre el músico y su novia, Ekaterina, quien al parecer amenazó con suicidarse.

Scotland Yard confirmó entonces que agentes de policía se presentaron de madrugada en la casa de Wood, al norte de Londres, después de que un vecino llamase a las fuerzas del orden.

"Los agentes se presentaron, no hubo delito, así que no se arrestó a nadie y la policía no tomó más medidas", señaló una portavoz policial, que no aportó más detalles del caso.

El diario Daily Mirror informó de que el músico tuvo una acalorada discusión con su novia, quien gritaba que se quería quitar la vida. La riña empezó después de que se celebrase una fiesta en la mansión que Wood tiene en Londres, valorada en cinco millones de libras (unos 5,5 millones de euros).

Según declararon los vecinos al rotativo, el ruido era tremendo y los dos se insultaban, en una de las muchas discusiones acaloradas que al parecer mantiene la pareja.

Wood y la joven rusa se conocieron el año pasado y su relación fue el motivo de la ruptura matrimonial del guitarrista con su mujer, Jo, con la que estuvo casado 23 años.

Fuente: EFE

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:11

Gazza
hot stuff
All i'm saying is we are all too fast to convict Ronnie...Sad as Stones fans many are saying its Ronnie's fault, he hit her, etc...And no one has learned what woodie has to say....It takes 2 to fight....and i never knew Woodie to be that way...We do know the temper his girlfriend has and we also know what she has done in the past.

Lets not judge anyone before we know the facts.!

You've already 'judged' both of them yourself by saying how convinced you are that its a fake, that she's to blame because she's 'off', that you dont believe it and that she set him up.

Past history means nothing - whilst she sounds like she has a screw loose, there's no excuse for hitting a woman unless its in self defence. If that was the case, then fair enough and hopefully it gets resolved amicably, but if it 'takes 2 to fight', I'm only reading about one of them being arrested.
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:13

turd
If you hit someone and that person has you arrested and locked up for assault, then it's all over for your relationship.
You don't go back and say, "Never mind, I needed a night in jail and you needed a black eye". It is over.
The Russian is yesterdays news. He was bound to get fed up with her, the constant demands for sex and he more than likely found her with his credit cards.
She also may have wanted to move her mother in - now that could have ended in murder.

BYE BYE EKA ........x

I wouldn't bet on that.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:17

mickschix
Why would he be arrested on " suspicion of assault"? You can't be held on merely suspicion, can you?? It must have been more certain.. quote]

His guilt or innocence will only be decided at Court (if the Crown Prosecution Service thinks there is sufficient evidence to progress to that stage, etc).

Police in UK cannot decide on guilt, hence the statement. It does seem likely that he has been charged. Even if the case goes to Court, he has no previous history of such offences so, unless there were serious injuries, he won't go to jail. He will probably get a fine, but may be ordered to undertake a domestic violence programme or some other form of community supervision.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:17

maybe i am wrong but i believe that you don't go to jail for suspicion of assault only.
maybe he has not been arrested but they took him to a police station to ask him some questions. it seems there is something still unclear, but it is not a nice new, anyway.
we all talk about r'n'r' but when something regarding r'n'n' lifestyle happens we are all here to criticize and to show some moralism.
we cannot take only what we like form r'n'r', it would be too easy.
if confirmed, it will be a very bad page of ron wood life, violence against women is awful but this is what r'n'r' life has always been...great moments of life and creativity and sad and bad falls

Date: December 3, 2009 19:20

People get a grip please! Some of you are sounding insane/crazy

When people talk about "rock and roll" they are not talking about beating up women! Who ever has said that rock and roll has anything to do with beating up women?

IT has maybe to do with LOVING lots of women but it has never ever as far as I know had even a smidgen to do with beating up women.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:22

turd
If you hit someone and that person has you arrested and locked up for assault, then it's all over for your relationship.
You don't go back and say, "Never mind, I needed a night in jail and you needed a black eye". It is over.
The Russian is yesterdays news. He was bound to get fed up with her, the constant demands for sex and he more than likely found her with his credit cards.
She also may have wanted to move her mother in - now that could have ended in murder.

BYE BYE EKA ........x

Yes. Once violence enters a relationship it's more or less over. Of course, the police report needs to be released for a better understanding. Also, Ronnie is entitled to a fair trial. At this point there is not enough info.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:24

Bitches Brew
Bad news spread fast

In this case - the "bad news" equals Ekaterina. Hehehe Ekaterina spreads fast (insert Beavis/Butthead laugh)

Seriously though - he needs to knock this shit off. I don't care if he is a Rolling Stone - he's acting like a fecking loser. He needs to grow up and start being a man - not a 19 year old. He's growing increasingly less likeable by the day.

Posted by: mark666 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:25

The Police do not conduct their enquires with one / two drunks in the early hours in the street. At the first sign of a crime they will arrest one / both and take them to the station and lock them up if they are too drunk / drugged to be interviewed. I would imagine Ronnie saw a doctor to ensure he was fit to detain and then kept in a cell until this morning when sober he would be interviewed with his solicitor.

If she indeed alleged assault she would also be taken to the station for forensics and photographs of any injury and if Ronnie alledged she assaulted him she would also be interviewed with a solicitor.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:26

Oh, there are some situationes in life, when people,men and women, have a right to strike.
I`m not saying it`s that - we just don`t know, let`s wait!
As for Keith - I`ve read in Bockris`s book, he hit Anita (maybe just once, maybe being not himself - but in occured).

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:27

Gazza

You've already 'judged' both of them yourself by saying how convinced you are that its a fake, that she's to blame because she's 'off', that you dont believe it and that she set him up.

Past history means nothing - whilst she sounds like she has a screw loose, there's no excuse for hitting a woman unless its in self defence. If that was the case, then fair enough and hopefully it gets resolved amicably, but if it 'takes 2 to fight', I'm only reading about one of them being arrested.

Well said Gazza. At the moment we only have that he was arrested though: let's not pre-judge anyone, Rolling Stone or young woman, we don't know the facts and one is presumed innocent until found guilty.

Beating up your girlfriend is surely not rock'n'roll, more low-life...

Posted by: mark666 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:29

A number of books suggest Brian took sexual pleasure from beating women, including Anita who gave him some back and still stayed with him...... for a while.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:31

turd
Well... Move to her mother is not very russian style of life. You do not know russian woman. In Russia they have a saying for this case that translates like "if he bits me it means he loves me". Very Russian, very specific and very stupid. And believe me, russian woman used to tolerate drunk junkies and alcoholics. To be drunk and to bit woman under influence... that is not very unusual in Russia. Especially in rural regions. And Katya for sure came from one of those depressing post-Soviet region. So it is not all over now sad smiley

But I think Ronnie is way out of normal state. Maybe they would be able to cure him. However, knowing alcoholics (an in particular quite a few russian in person) I doubt anyone could drag him back.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:39

kater-v
Oh, there are some situationes in life, when people,men and women, have a right to strike.

I can't believe what you are saying (except you mean for selfdefence).

People like you should be banned from internet at least from this board.

There's no justification for violence.

Date: December 3, 2009 19:41

Maybe we should have new threads:

"Is beating your girlfriend up rock and roll?"

and

"Instances of Rolling Stones beating their women?"

This is a truly sad day.

I hope this new low point for Ron will lead to him getting the help he needs.

I also hope the other Stones' realize that they need to draw the line here.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:43

>> (maybe just once, maybe being not himself - but it occurred) <<

... according to a writer who didn't witness it and doesn't say whom (if anyone) he's quoting

[lighting more of that at-least-wait-until-it's-clearer-what-happened incense ... ]

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:45

Glad the papers aren't reporting it as child abuse ;-0

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:53

I really do hope he's not guilty. If he is, I do hope he gets kicked out of the Stones, I don't think I'll pay to go see a woman beater.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:00

Gee , I hope this isn't true . There are two indiscretions that really disgust me . Assaulting a woman and adultery . Two of my " idols " have gone down this week on these charges .

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:01

Is she Black and Blue from the one hit to the body

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:02

with sssoul
[lighting more of that at-least-wait-until-it's-clearer-what-happened incense ... ]

I'll light some of that same incense a-plenty. Assault can mean anything from a stronger than usual tap on the shoulder to much much worse.

Guilty or not, it's a sad story. Let's hope the effect will be to shape Ronnie up fast rather than send him into a downward spiral.

And for the record, I don't see what rumours of Kat being a hooker or otherwise has got to do with anything here - no woman (or man) should be beaten up, fullstop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-03 20:07 by Beast.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:05

Where does it say he was drinking?

Dump her. The guy's never been violent in 60 years, and now she makes the scene and cops show up twice within a year. Let her write her book, she's trying to get his ass locked up. I had an ex that would scream at me for hours, and when I tried to leave, she called the cops and said I assaulted her. Never laid a hand on her - ever. She tries to drop the charges the day of court, but they wouldn't let her, and they found me not guilty. It happens sometimes when they're immature and they lose control of a situation. I ended up with the baby and her ass hit the pavement.
Who knows what happened, but the only thing that Ronnie Wood and any kind of violence have in common is Ekaterina. He should go to jail, though, just for being so damned dumb for not getting rid of her by now.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:08

yep she is a leach

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:14

Brue right on---Thats what i'm talking about... Woodie was never known to Ever been violent... We do know a little bit what type of person his girlfriend is!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()

Yeah, Ronnie can certainly "feel the fire" now. Story has yet to hit the U.S. media or tabloids. I checked TMZ and they were featuring a story about Tiger Woods's handlers offering "party girl" mistress (represented by Gloria scumbag Allred) a million dollars to remain quiet. First of all, this strategy is very foolish by Tiger. Cat is already out of the bag. Secondly, I consider negotiations a form of extortion by scumbag representing mistress. Stoned in D.C. is correct "This is a sad day".

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()

ROPENI
The Stones press machinery,will cover this up,and buy his way out,too much money involved,as far as M Taylor having a chance of rejoining the band,when hell freezes over.NEVER.If they have to,they will hire some young hot shot for the tour...

If they have to go this route, I suggest a different Taylor then.....Joanne Shaw Taylor!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:19

Brue

Dump her. The guy's never been violent in 60 years, and now she makes the scene and cops show up twice within a year. Let her write her book, she's trying to get his ass locked up. I had an ex that would scream at me for hours, and when I tried to leave, she called the cops and said I assaulted her. Never laid a hand on her - ever. She tries to drop the charges the day of court, but they wouldn't let her, and they found me not guilty. It happens sometimes when they're immature and they lose control of a situation. I ended up with the baby and her ass hit the pavement.
Who knows what happened, but the only thing that Ronnie Wood and any kind of violence have in common is Ekaterina. He should go to jail, though, just for being so damned dumb for not getting rid of her by now.

Everyone has a past and a story to tell but Hell yeah! It's all her fault! Let's blame her for Mick Taylor leaving The Stones too!eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:21

ROLLINGSTONE
Brue

Everyone has a past and a story to tell but Hell yeah! It's all her fault! Let's blame her for Mick Taylor leaving The Stones too!eye rolling smiley

Dump her. You can't assault yourself. Well, maybe you can...

Date: December 3, 2009 20:25

I wonder what Cohl is doing today?

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:35

the 2009 version of Sid/Mary

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2605